Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to identify if my hard drive or mother board are damaged

Options
  • 25-10-2017 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,
    My computer stop working now it’s showing a blue screen with the commons errors 0x0000007b, 0x0000007e, 0xFFFFF880009A9928,0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, I’ve googled all the errors, but nothing. it doesn’t even let me booting up; no from usb or cd... I’ve checked all booted options up and down with no luck, I don’t know if the problem is the hard drive or mother board, also I cleaned the memory ram, I mean I did almost everything, I connected the hard drive through a sata cable to another computer and it doesn’t read it or show it. So before I spend money buying a hard disk or mother board would like to know your feedback.
    Antonio

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

what brand is your computer ?

some like Dell have an option for hardware diagnostics in the BIOS/SETUP during startup

for others you can download a program to put on a USB or CD that can test the computer

If you computer isn't booting up from known working boot media then go into setup and check is set to boot up from such media, if so then reset to factor defaults reboot and try again

power down and remove power lead, and if laptop remove battery, press and hold on/off switch for a minute and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Try booting from live media ...... CD/DVD or USB ...... with the HDD/s disconnected internally.
    Of course you need to ensure that your BIOS/firmware is set to allow booting from such media, and this might involve disabling Secure Boot if present.

If you have access the best test would probably be booting from a know good Linux Live USB.

If it boots without the HDD/s present then your motherboard is probably OK.

If you do get it booting in this manner with a suitable cable you could attach the HDD to a USB socket and see if the Linux OS sees the HDD.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Your PC BIOS does not have an option to boot from USB or CD am I reading you correct?
    Or is there an option but it is not working?

Advertisement