Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Updating super q boiler controls

Options
  • 26-10-2017 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭

We have a super q oil boiler with the typical on off and timed controller on its front panel.
    We now wish to put more advanced controls in place and it seems there are many items available to add wifi control etc.
    Im currently looking at various options.
    TO complicate things alittle, we also are considering a single electric wall radiator for one area not served by oil system.
    This would need to be controlled on the one control panel / timer with it being a zone of its own.
    The requirement is therefore: Zone 1 - boiler and hot water all together
    Zone 2 - Electric radiator - 450w

While there are lots of 2 zone controllers available, are they typically capable of switching something like a 450w heater directly or would it need to be run through a relay or something completely different.
    I wont be wiring this myself however I want to look for the right gear.

Advertisement