Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Keys To The Kingdom Of Heaven

• 26-10-2017 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

He who holds keys of heaven controls entry. Is Peter standing at the gates of heaven, deciding who enters? No, that is just sacrilegious stupid joke material. Well then, will Peter be standing at the gates of a future millennium reign of Christ, deciding who enters? Although I have heard many great pastors preach this;I have never heard any use this as a preliminary to getting into the kingdom of God and His son.

What, then, is Jesus telling Peter in Matthew 16:18,19 KJV? Good question,"And I say also unto thee, That thou art peter, and upon this rock I will build my church;and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it... And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven:and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth hall be loosed in heaven."

It would be wise to Notice that:

1) Jesus spoke these words In  the same breath, and the bible shows  no hint of changing subjects, Jesus speaks of the church and the kingdom, apparently equating them.

2) Peter would use the keys to bind "on earth," thus it was to be done during his lifetime.

Since Jesus is not a liar and does not fail, His promises amount to prophecy.  Thus this is a prophecy about the kingdom. The prophecy says that Peter will open or pave the way into the kingdom and that he will make binding decrees regarding the kingdom. Even futurist-premillennialists apply this prophecy to Peter's earthly ministry beginning on the day of Pentecost. Thus they inadvertently confess that the church is the kingdom and that the kingdom of God began on the day of Pentecost in the year 30 A.D.

Since Jesus promised Peter "the keys of the kingdom," it is no coincidence that Peter was the leading spokesman on the day of Pentecost. Keys open doors. Once open, others can enter. Thus, Christ appointed Peter to unlock the doors, telling people how they could enter the kingdom: "Then Peter said unto them,Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost" KJV(Acts 2:38). The doors of the kingdom have been open for 2000 years. Those who listen to the holder of the keys are privileged to enter.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

MOD NOTE

Locking this as it's a copy pasta from ChristianForums.com.

@OP Please provide links for any text that you're replicating from somewhere else in any further posts.

If you can read this, you're too close!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement