Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to purchase 2 x MSOffice licenses ?

• 26-10-2017 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,086 ✭✭✭✭

Recommendations please ? Ideally B&M store.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

dodzy wrote: »
    Recommendations please ? Ideally B&M store.

I know you mention B&M but some users in Adverts have MS license for €20 and under, they are valid licenses that you download the software from the Microsoft website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭jamesd

Are they really valid though at that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭moonship

jamesd wrote: »
    Are they really valid though at that price?

You will not get an admin account but user. The admin will have access to your personal files on one drive. Also your account can be deleted by the admin at any time.
    Beware.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Unless you have a very specific need for Microsoft Office (many versions) you should look at libreoffice or similar.

Just change the Save options so it saves as Microsoft office file formats by default.

If you get the Microsoft version you should always change the options to always create backup copy, pet hate of mine especially since they defaulted to saving in a compressed format to further hinder data recovery in an era of TB drives :mad:

If you know any 3rd level students or anyone working in an office environment, then the College or Company could be offering the Microsoft Home Use Program where you can buy it for €25. You need a work of College email address to avail of it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

moonship wrote: »
    You will not get an admin account but user. The admin will have access to your personal files on one drive. Also your account can be deleted by the admin at any time.
    Beware.

Are you sure about that? I already had a microsft account, I went to https://setup.office.com/ logged in with my email account, entered the serial number I was given after I was able to download office. In my case it was for Office 2016 for Office 365 could be different.

Advertisement