Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Routes

• 26-10-2017 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Anybody recommend some good training locations or routes fairly close to Merrion square, Dublin.

Would ideally like to try fit in my training before work or lunch time to free up time in evenings with young family etc.

The only snag is running busy noisy streets and stopping or slowing at traffic lights etc would drive me totally insane.

Anybody else in a similar boat and where have you managed to get in running around that area please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Tommy Max wrote: »
    Anybody recommend some good training locations or routes fairly close to Merrion square, Dublin.

Would ideally like to try fit in my training before work or lunch time to free up time in evenings with young family etc.

The only snag is running busy noisy streets and stopping or slowing at traffic lights etc would drive me totally insane.

Anybody else in a similar boat and where have you managed to get in running around that area please.

There's loads of people who run from the city centre out to Irishtown - Sean Moore park and the nature reserve - at lunch, it's not far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Depending on how long you want to go...

Over to the quays and around The O2 and East Wall
    Head out to Herbert Park in D4
    Great South Wall (not an all weather route!)
    Along the coast at Sandymount

There's also the fun game of "run vaguely in a direction but let the lights / ability to cross the road" dictate your route :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

As Raycun said, run towards the general direction of Sandymount/Lansdowne Road and around by the nature reserve, maybe as far as the lighthouse if you fancy it. Or you could skip the reserve and run along the sea front as far as Merrion Gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

Singer wrote: »
    Depending on how long you want to go...
    There's also the fun game of "run vaguely in a direction but let the lights / ability to cross the road" dictate your route :)

My preferred method! And by preferred, I mean default for when I haven't been organised to plan a route :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Along the Dodder between Ringsend and Ballsbridge is nice as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 ronancremin

I made a website to help me find routes, may work for you also: http://routespinner.com

Advertisement