Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 - External Bell going off

Options
  • 26-10-2017 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I woke up at 5 this morning to a beep down stairs. the 3 lights on the HKC1070 panel were flashing stating there was a tamper on the external bell. 
    While there was no one tampering with the bell there is however some issue. 
    When I typed in my user code it said 'system unset' (wasn't set in the first place) and then the external bell alarm went off and would not turn off despite me entering in my user code numerous times. 
    It seems to have turned off now and not come back on (I am at work so can't be sure) but is there a way to disable the bell from ringing before I get someone out to look at it? I don't have the engineer code but might be able to get my hands on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't want to keep myself and the rest of the estate awake tonight.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

No. Your bell thinks someone is trying to interfere with it and is activating on its own accord. Your only option would be to power the system down completely until you get your alarm guy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hi Fred, you were right, a screw came loose with the high winds/storms lately and the bell obviously thought there was someone tampering with it. thank god it was an easy fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hi Fred, you were right, a screw came loose with the high winds/storms lately and the bell obviously thought there was someone tampering with it. thank god it was an easy fix.

Good stuff. Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Advertisement