Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - 5.1 / 7.1 from PC with wireless speakers

• 26-10-2017 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I spend a lot of time watching movies on my PC and would like to have a good sound system with it.

Current setup is a Soundblaster Z card, with creative 5.1 speakers.

Problem is, the rear cables and the quality of the speakers. I'd like to look at using optical to a suitable processor etc and wireless rear speakers. Any one got any suggestions? I'm very tech savvy so no need to point out that speakers would need their own plugs etc, I'm just not familiar with whats available in the audio market.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

most receivers will not support wireless rear speakers natively. thre are some soundbar options that support wireless rears as they are usually focused on non intrusive integration into a sitting room

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

mossym wrote: »
    most receivers will not support wireless rear speakers natively. thre are some soundbar options that support wireless rears as they are usually focused on non intrusive integration into a sitting room

Hi can I jump in on this & ask so you cant really get wireless rear speakers so can you ?? Home cinema 5.1 set up. It is all mostly wired. I just wanted to get rid of the wires cause there is wires everywhere.

Can I ask is there Any other systems like this Lg not compatible with Sony
    https://www.expert.ie/products/tv-dvd/home-cinema-systems/soundbar/sony-5-1ch-home-cinema-system-htrt5-cek

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

there are add on units you can get but AVR's don't typically include support for it. the issue tends to be delay, wireless adds delay, and moves them out of phase with the fronts.

even with the wireless units i have seen you need power to each speaker, plus a wire fron one to the other as the wireless unit is only in one speaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Deagol

mossym wrote: »
    there are add on units you can get but AVR's don't typically include support for it. the issue tends to be delay, wireless adds delay, and moves them out of phase with the fronts.

even with the wireless units i have seen you need power to each speaker, plus a wire fron one to the other as the wireless unit is only in one speaker

I guess the next move is to find a way to get the wires to the back of the room for me then :(

Thanks for the advise, much appreciated.

Advertisement