Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone SE vs OnePlus3T

Options
  • 26-10-2017 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Ok first of all, this isnt really anything to do with ios vs Android. Ive used both operatiing systems, mostly ios but earlier this year I jumped ship and bought a OnePlus3T.

I have my work sim in it as the old work phone was a 5s and the battery was really playing up. there were no upgrades in work hence I looked at buying a phone outright myself and the OnePlus seemd the best bang for buck at the time.

I`m very happy with it and like the bigger screen size, so no realy complaints with it.

However an iPhone SE has just landed on my work desk, so obviously work has been supplied with some new phones. My question is, do you think its worth changing from a OnePlue3T to and SE? Are they in anyway comparable? I know of course the OnePlus is a better specced phone but that never tells the whole story especially with IOS.

The main things that would concern me, apart from performance would be going back to the smaller form factor and I`d also miss the dash charging.

The SE is still in the box and I`ll either have use it or give it back so someone else can have it.

Just looking for some opinions on here on how you think they compare.

I did think of starting a thread in the Android forum(being a current Android user)but I though(rightly or wrongly)that everyone would recommend sticking with the OnePlus and dismiss the SE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Oxter

I like the SE as a work phone and its size is great for slipping into a shirt pocket.
    A bigger phone would feel like a tablet to me
    Is yours 32 or 128gb? If it’s a 16 forget it when iOS 12 comes out. Batteries for the 5s are cheap to replace - I got a replacement fitted for €10 with Fixmyi and keep it as a spare phone.

One big advantage of Android is being able to bar calls from “no caller id” numbers.
    Big advantage of iOS is iTunes.

WiFi and audio get poor reviews on the OnePlus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

I have a oneplus 3T (64GB), herself has an iphone SE.

The oneplus wins hands down on everything IMO.

Audio and wifi are rock solid dispite what the above poster says.
    The fact that they say "Big advantage of iOS is iTunes" kinda says it all TBH, iTunes is one of the worst pieces of software to ever be designed.

And i say this from owning an iPhone 3GS, 4 and 5S before jumping to the 3T.

Going from an iPhone to a Chinese Android is a retrograde step.

The service providers here don’t offer it.
    I wonder why?

Oxter wrote: »

The err ice providers here don’t offer it.
    I wonder why?

Clearly not speaking from experience :rolleyes:

davo2001 wrote: »
    Clearly not speaking from experience :rolleyes:

I am assuming that iOS12 will redress the c#ck-up called iOS 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭bennyineire

I wonder why?

Oneplus don't supply their phones to any provider, that has always been there model (enables them to set the price themselves) and if you do even the tiniest but of research on oneplus you will there their hardware is one of the best if not best quality in the world

I wonder why?

o2 in the UK supplied them actually under contract, just none here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

I am assuming that iOS12 will redress the c#ck-up called iOS 11
    Im using 11.03 on a 6s ansd its flawless,
    Its my first iphone and after coming from samsung and htc flagships I have to say I do prefer ios if only for the fact that it stops me tinkering,flashing roms and in general experimenting , Im actually thinking of getting an se as I have arthritis in my hands and the 6s can be a pain to use as its a bit big to use comfortably .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Oneplus don't supply their phones to any provider, that has always been there model (enables them to set the price themselves) and if you do even the tiniest but of research on oneplus you will there their hardware is one of the best if not best quality in the world

And the tiniest bit of research showed my son that the repair strategy for OnePlus was very uncertain. It would need to be sent back to the UK and looking at 3/4 weeks at the least, seemed to be a common complaint. He went with Huawei after.

whiterebel wrote: »
    And the tiniest bit of research showed my son that the repair strategy for OnePlus was very uncertain. It would need to be sent back to the UK and looking at 3/4 weeks at the least, seemed to be a common complaint. He went with Huawei after.

Got my Oneplus repaired from them due to a battery issue, it was sent to Poland in a pre paid box and had it back and fixed in 5 days.
    When they started there customer service and repairs were indeed all over the place, this is not the case now.

Also, the Oneplus comes with a 2 year warranty whereas the iPhone only has a 1 year warranty.

• Advertisement

iOS has a better spell checker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

You will get the same here with all the Apple fanboys. I have never owned an android phone.
    The deal breaker for me would be the screen size. Going back to the se screen size I would find very tough. Seen as you don’t dislike android. Stick with the bigger screen If I was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Thanks for all the replies guys. I told my boss politely that I didn’t want the SE as I couldn’t go back to such a small screen. So he took it back and offered me a 6s instead which I accepted. Even that feels a little small after the OnePlus.

Anyway I’m happy enough overall. As stated I’m well used to iOS so know the advantages and disadvantages. I did love the OnePlus but I have it up on adverts now so at least I’ll get a few quid back for it.

Advertisement