Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Contract change

Options
  • 26-10-2017 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I got a message telling me that I have had a contract change from Jan 1 saying my out of bundle data has changed. I remember after reading posts saying once there has been a change in contact you can get out of your contract early. Has anyone any experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,023 ✭✭✭✭L1011

scoopmine wrote: »
    I got a message telling me that I have had a contract change from Jan 1 saying my out of bundle data has changed. I remember after reading posts saying once there has been a change in contact you can get out of your contract early. Has anyone any experience of this?

In most cases, yes. Call Three and they'll know. In Three's case you can drop to SIM only and get the phone unlocked in these circumstances; if the change qualifies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yes. Any change in your package, you have 14 days notice. I did this earlier this year when last price change and was one month into an 18 month contract. Changed from 60 euro to 29.99 28 day rolling contract and kept my s7 free of charge.

What people don't know it also applies to a price decrease.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

They should be informing you of your rights to cancel without penalty along with notification of changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Firblog

scoopmine wrote: »

Got this today also, a business contract. The message was
    Dear Customer,

We’re writing to let you know that we are making some changes to certain plans that you have.
    From 1st January 2018 your EU data roaming allowance is increasing and your out of bundle rate (ROI & EU) is decreasing from 0.75c to 0.6c per MB (ex. VAT) on certain plans. Both changes are in line with the EU Roaming Regulation.

For more information about these changes, see 3.ie/rzbk

Kind Regards,

My immediate reaction was that I can now get out of the contract if I want, then wondered if it applies where there is a price decrease? could they say, well ok we'll keep you on the higher rates? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

I don't think it applies when the changes are brought about by a change in regulations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

It’s a change brought about by law / regulation so no right to exit.

guil wrote: »
    I don't think it applies when the changes are brought about by a change in regulations.
    garhjw wrote: »
    It’s a change brought about by law / regulation so no right to exit.

Bugger.. only just renewed contract in August, was looking forward to getting more new phones :D

It still applies. I checked with ComReg

amtc wrote: »

Did you check about this specifically, or just a general query some time ago?

Firblog wrote: »
    Did you check about this specifically, or just a general query some time ago?
    Specifically, I'm good friends with a senior manager there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

What applies? Right to exit doesn’t apply. If you are saying it does, provide a link to the relevant regulations

On my phone so can't. It is on the ComReg website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

On my phone so can't. It is on the ComReg website.
    What make & model handset do you have? It seems strange for one not to have a copy & paste function in this day & age.

No doubt someone will be able to help you out so as you can post a link.

What make & model handset do you have? It seems strange for one not to have a copy & paste function in this day & age.

No doubt someone will be able to help you out so as you can post a link.

Thank you so much for your helpful comment. Do your own research next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Usually if you make a claim you put up the evidence for it as you know, there's no need to be snappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I say bs - especially as you also quoted "14 days" - if it was a contract change that permitted to get out of contract you would have 30 days.

If your "friend" says 14 days then he/she should be sacked for not knowing the basic info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

And if you did even basic research and not bs that "a friend in comreg says" you would know that a change brought about to conform to legislation does not qualify for right to exit the contract.

Quite amazing that your "senior manager friend" in comreg doesn't know that either.

How do people know that the contract change has been brought about in order to conform with legislation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

Firblog wrote: »
    How do people know that the contract change has been brought about in order to conform with legislation ?

It says so in the link 3.ie/rzbk that they are supposed to have sent to everyone. It also states "These changes are being made in line with the Roaming Regulation. As a result you do not have a right to cancel your contract."

Therefore I am assuming this is the case and people are unable to legally cancel their contract in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Gooser14

cmssjone wrote:
    It says so in the link 3.ie/rzbk that they are supposed to have sent to everyone. It also states "These changes are being made in line with the Roaming Regulation. As a result you do not have a right to cancel your contract."

The link is in respect of changes to their Business plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭cmssjone

Gooser14 wrote: »
    The link is in respect of changes to their Business plans!

I would assume that it would not make any difference if it is for business or non-business users. Perhaps someone can provide a link to the non-business page if 3 have sent a text message out to those customers.

Advertisement