Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 7 skype for business

Options
  • 26-10-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi all, today skype for business appeared on my desktop.
    I have never used skype and never asked for it.
    Why has it appeared, and more importantly how do I get rid of it.

When I try to delete/close the icon from the Task bar a dialog box on the right of the screen tells me it will keep running.

I want to remove this completely from my computer.

Appreciate any comments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

it was probably bundled with another software package you fifn agree to install, like flash player , etc.

to get rid of it go to control panel > programs and features find skype, and uninstall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

SfB included in some O365/Office business packages. Have you installed Office lately?
    In some cases it cannot be uninstalled as it is integrated with Office apps.

Go to CONTROL PANEL>PROGRAMS>PROGRAMS AND FEATURES
    If it's listed as separate instance you can uninstalled it from here.
    Other ways you only can disable it from running on startup. This is done from within app itself: cogwheel>tools>options>personal>untick "Automatically start......."

For more detail see support.office.com

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thanks for your time.
    Seems that due to my haste trying to get to another program I must have accidentally clicked the shortcut in the start menu. managed to exit skype completely from the box in the hidden icons on task bar.

Thanks again for the replies.
    Have a good day.

Advertisement