Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Conroy Faith healer Laois

Options
  • 26-10-2017 1:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭

I know there are a few posts about this already but they are all a few years old now. My 5 mnth old suffers with reflux and never sleeps for more than a couple of hours. My husband wants to bring him to Jimmy Conroy but ive always been a bit dubious. Saying that im at the point now where i will try anything.
    Has anyone any experience in bringing their babies either to him or someone like that?
    I have tried different formulas...medicine...osteopath etc already

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

babies grow out of reflux it just takes time there is no quick fix, a faith healer is crazy imo but good luck if it works

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Do not give these conmen any money...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

mloc123 wrote: »
    Do not give these conmen any money...

He takes a couple euro donations..hardly a con man. He has been doing it 50 years and well known in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I guess he has a list of testimonials from cancer sufferers and other sick people he has cured?

The local drunkard in your town would take a donation too and is well known...still not a reason to introduce a sick child to him!

frag420 wrote: »
    I guess he has a list of testimonials from cancer sufferers and other sick people he has cured?

The local drunkard in your town would take a donation too and is well known...still not a reason to introduce a sick child to him!

No he doesnt cure people from cancer. Im not a moron. And i do not 'introduce' my child to anyone. This post is just out of interest not for argument.
    Thank you.

• Advertisement

LouD2016 wrote: »
    No he doesnt cure people from cancer. Im not a moron. And i do not 'introduce' my child to anyone. This post is just out of interest not for argument.
    Thank you.

But you think a "faith healer" can stop reflux?

Kids have reflux, they grow out of it after a few months.. it is frustrating (I know, we tried all the suggestions..)

Faith healers are a sham. They are up there with Homeopathy, amber necklaces and other snake oils. I cannot believe in 2017 with the amount of information we have available people still buy into this crap.

mloc123 wrote: »
    But you think a "faith healer" can stop reflux?

Kids have reflux, they grow out of it after a few months.. it is frustrating (I know, we tried all the suggestions..)

Faith healers are a sham. They are up there with Homeopathy, amber necklaces and other snake oils. I cannot believe in 2017 with the amount of information we have available people still buy into this crap.

No i dont think he will cure reflux. We have him on medication for that and i know he will grow out of it. Its more to see if he will sleep better. This fella is supposed to find 'blockages' etc ...like i said im just interested to see has anyone been to one :)

No i dont think he will cure reflux. We have him on medication for that and i know he will grow out of it. Its more to see if he will sleep better. This fella is supposed to find 'blockages' etc ...like i said im just interested to see has anyone been to one :)

What kind of blockages? Are you its not a plumber you need as this faith guy is a scam artist...

What kind of blockages? Are you its not a plumber you need as this faith guy is a scam artist...

Oh you know him well then do you?

I dont understand the need for smart comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

See a professionally trained person, not a crank.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Young children have growth spurts which effects their sleep.
    I'm not sure why you want to "cure" things that are normal in babies!

Thanks for turning a simple question into a slanging match. Good old Boards 😂😂

NIMAN wrote: »

I have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

NIMAN wrote: »
    I have :)

Go back and tell them it didn't work for them to re-assess.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

First child?

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why?

It would explain you and your husband being at a loss over reflux and sleep.

We had 2 , 3 years apart. I didn't get a nights sleep for nearly 6 years.

You should have called Jimmy Conroy...He has been doing it 50 years and well known in the area and only takes a couple of euro donations!!:D:D

Oh god dont tell me that 😂😂 4 of my friends had babies same time as me and they all of course sleep through the night 😂😂

You should have called Jimmy Conroy...He has been doing it 50 years and well known in the area and only takes a couple of euro donations!!:D:D

Kids yourself frag?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Two options, go or don't go. Results the same. Baby grows out of it and is happy out. The old man using his faith super powers won't change anything.

I have some magic beans that work too. Only a fiver.

Ok well thanks for the input ... obviously where i live is very backward 😂😂😂

Kids yourself frag?

Nah, Im infertile, I went to Jimmy Conroy to see if he could fix me but no joy...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Lou, I think we've all been there, when we will literally try anything! I think you probably know yourself that it's not going to work. He will grow out of the reflux and hopefully his sleep will improve. There isn't anything a faith healer or other person can do that will help him sleep. I know it's hard when every other child seems to be sleeping though the night, I have a 4 month old and he still feeds twice at night, whereas ny 3 year old was sleeping 12 hours at this stage! It's just one of those things that they will outgrow.

That said, if he's local to you and non invasive, I can't see the harm in bringing him if you think it might give you peace of mind that you really have tried 'everything'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

Oh god dont tell me that ���� 4 of my friends had babies same time as me and they all of course sleep through the night ����

Off course they do ;) People tend to fib about how their babies sleep IMO.

All babies are different, how old is yours for a start? Our guy was a terrible sleeper to start, for the first 6 months he woke every 2-3 hours (he did have very bad reflux) While my wifes sister's (born 3 weeks earlier) would sleep 7-8 hours.

From 9-10 months our guy was sleeping 7-7 every night and still does at 27 months while her guy is rarely in bed before 9-10 and awake again at 4am.

But in those first 8 months or so, if anyone asked how he was sleeping (the main question people did) I would always answer... great, not a bother ;)

Nah, Im infertile, I went to Jimmy Conroy to see if he could fix me but no joy...:D

Touche ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I suppose it's the op's decision in the end.

I think they are being daft, but if someone wants to believe that a 'faith healer' can cure their baby of reflux then so be it.

Touche ;);)

Are you saying he got you pregnant?

How much of a donation did you have to give for that?

• Advertisement

Are you saying he got you pregnant?

How much of a donation did you have to give for that?

That one was for free

Advertisement