Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jimmy Conroy Faith healer Laois

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Ok OP, to answer your question. I do know Jimmy Conroy and took my baby to him years ago.

To be honest I dont think it's worth you while going but I do know if you have a baby who is crying or in pain you will do anything,

As for the other posters here slagging OP off maybe you should just pass on by if you can't answer his question without a smart comment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭LouD2016

SAMTALK wrote: »
    Ok OP, to answer your question. I do know Jimmy Conroy and took my baby to him years ago.

To be honest I dont think it's worth you while going but I do know if you have a baby who is crying or in pain you will do anything,

As for the other posters here slagging OP off maybe you should just pass on by if you can't answer his question without a smart comment

Thank you :) That was the point of this. I was interested to see if anyone had to went to them and how they found it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

He's all there is until doctors find a cure for Blockages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

If I were to tell you that I was feeling unwell so I am going to the magic curing hedge down the park...I would expect a smart comment, loads of them!!

• Advertisement

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Thank you :) That was the point of this. I was interested to see if anyone had to went to them and how they found it

My baby has Colic and cried all day with it so I went to Conroy.
    Had a bit of relief for a few days and then went back to the usual so I didn't really find it that helpful.

My niece's child had reflux and went as well and the same story, little relief for a few days and then reverts back.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,022 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

frag420 wrote: »
    If I were to tell you that I was feeling unwell so I am going to the magic curing hedge down the park...I would expect a smart comment, loads of them!!

At least the magic curing hedge isn't knowingly taking advantage of desperate people :D

frag420 wrote: »

And if you had a cross baby you'd be so desperate that you'd just about try anything !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dadzilla

Hi OP we've had days liked yours over the past 2 weeks and up the wall looking for sleep solutions. Unfortunately ours and yours is normal and part of a child growing up.

I've no time for faith healing, it's a proven sham. And that's not a throwaway comment. I was a researcher for a documentary on the supernatural and faith healing was high on the list of utter nonsense. (Doesn't mean the people doing it are intentional con artists, they can often be blinded by their own fate.)

There are lots of things to try and persevere with for sleep. Swaddling, lullabies, the tissue trick. We have had some joy with these.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

And if you had a cross baby you'd be so desperate that you'd just about try anything !

Very true. I used to get gripe water from the UK after it was banned here.
    Friends from Portugal even asked me to get them some. My kids hate it now;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jeffrey Lebowski

My first born had reflux bad reflux for a time and our GP eventually prescribed a tablet which formed some sort of skin or film in his stomach and would stop anything coming up. Either that or raising his matress, or he grew out of it.

My second born had bad colic and would be very uncomfortable. We were told he was slightly tongue tied. He was brought to an osteopath who would manipulate him and this would provide great relief but only temporarily. When we got the tongue tie snipped the situation improved slowly over a few weeks and he is all good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Dadzilla wrote: »
    There are lots of things to try and persevere with for sleep. Swaddling, lullabies, the tissue trick. We have had some joy with these.

What's the tissue trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

If you want to go, then go and see this man OP. Because it certainly can't harm the baby. And you never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

LouD2016 wrote: »
    Thanks for turning a simple question into a slanging match. Good old Boards ����

I always love these replies and it always seems to go this way:
    • X goes to boards looking for advice (but actually just wants external confirmation that the nonsense is real)
    • People tell the X, look it's a scam/not real and the baby will grow out of it
    • X starts getting ratty because X thinks it will work "because"
    • People then start to lightly joke about the nonsense because the serious answers get ignored or labelled bias/close minded/just don't understand etc
    • X then makes a snide comment how it's typical of boards not to take a nonsense question seriously.
    • X will then continue the search until X gets external confirmation because that is actually want X wants, not an real opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm just wondering if with all the stuff you're trying, different formulas and stuff, if you've tried him on a dairy/lactose free one.
    One big symptom of intolerance in babies is reflux. Not all babies produce the lactase enzyme necessary to break down the sugar in milk leading to wind, explosive nappies and acid reflux. Cow milk protein sensitivity, intolerance or allergy can cause it too and will sometimes have skin rashes or eczema too. Babies aren't born with reflux. What goes into their bodies will cause it.
    I'm coming out of a battle with paediatrians and dieticians who tried to tell me for 5 months that my baby had reflux because of low muscle tone, despite 2 of my children having had issues with dairy which caused lots of the above symptoms. I begged for 2 months for him to be changed over to a predigested formula and within 2 weeks being on the new formula his reflux went away, the patch of eczema on the back of his leg went away and his congested snottiness went away.
    Doctors are not always right.
    (my baby is tube fed in hospital so I have less control over his diet.)
    I also understand the need for sleep.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Reflux affects sleep OP as I'm sure you know.
    Your friends, to be frank, are lying.Or if their kids do sleep through....don't worry.It will come to them too!!!

My first was a silent reflux baby, on Zantac for 14 months.She vastly improved as she began to eat solids and then to sit by herself and even more to crawl and walk.But it took time, something that's hard to accept when it's your first and you feel you should be able to wave that magic wand.

She was a desperate catnapper during the day so I basically had to bring her to bed every two hours since she last woke and put her in to go to sleep.She only slept 40mins at a time in the day.The night time thing, you can work on it, but I would expect a baby to wake at night til at least 10months old, and then to wake (I'd estimate) at least 5 out of every 7 nights til they are about 14 mths or so.I was up half the night with our 18mth old last night and she's a relatively good sleeper but she's teething.How you react is the real key but I do appreciate that with a reflux baby it's harder.I presume you've tipped up the head of his bead, you don't feed him to sleep (or at least don't lie him down for 20 mins after a feed) and all that stuff??Keep him fairly upright during the day?

I would definitely consider the dairy thing as a possibility.I would revisit the doctor and try an alternative medicine.And when you start him on solids I would strongly suggest avoiding introducing things like yoghurt, warm cow's milk(like in Ready Brek or porridge) and cheese for a couple of months and then only introducing them in tiny amounts slowly.I've had this with both of mine and although neither are dairy allergic, those things were definitely hard for them to digest til they were a few months older, particularly for my older child.

I would not be bringing the baby to the person you mentioned, I'd try the other options first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Also, I stopped using tap water to make bottles with when my now 7 year old was about 6 months. I used to get the water from the chemist, I can't remember if it's sterile water or distilled but it'd what they make the medications with. It can help with colic.. (see, you'd try ANYTHING)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

with reflux, colic, teething, sleeping... anything that babies grow out of, after trying a long list of increaslngly whacky things, eventually the baby grows out of it, and the last bonkers notion that happened to be trialled at that moment was the miracle cure.

My youngest had reflux. It eased at around 5 months and was gone at 6 months. It is a flap at the top of the tummy which is not developed enough to close. It closes at various ages for various babies.

For sleep, putting a small wedge under the cot to slope it up slightly helped a little, as it reduced the constant puking in the night, she could keep the food down.

For daytime, the sling did the job. Happy out in sling. It meant I got regularly coated in puke, but less screaming, so I counted that as a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Dadzilla

What's the tissue trick?

It’s on this page. Video too.

http://amp.timeinc.net/time/3820655/put-baby-to-sleep-tips-hints-60-seconds-tissue

Advertisement