Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled ATM transaction in UK - still charged

Options
  • 26-10-2017 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭

Hello,

As the title says, I was in the UK recently and went to take out £20, I decided to cancel the transaction then and it turns out the 20 was still taken from my account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hello,

As the title says, I was in the UK recently and went to take out £20, I decided to cancel the transaction then and it turns out the 20 was still taken from my account.
    Hi there,

Thanks for your message.

When a transaction on your card is cancelled or voided it can show on your account until we get confirmation from the retailers bank that it has been cancelled. It can take up to five working days for the transaction to be fully processed and for us to get that notification. Please be assured that as soon as we receive this the money should automatically come back into your account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

No worries, cheers Darren.

Advertisement