Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Susi withdrawing grant

• 26-10-2017 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

My girlfriend is a nurse in her early 40s who has gone back to college to do an unrelated degree. She sent Susi everything in the application form including the details of her nursing course in the UK which she graduated with a diploma in the late 90s. While working in the UK in order to work in ICU she had to to a top up course to give her the equivalent of what became the BSc in nursing which took 4 months. This is a level 6 degree in the UK or level 7 here i think. We thought this might put a spanner in the works for her getting a grant but it didn't and she qualified (she had been doing a PLC course the previous year so her wages were under the threshold). She has received her first payment from Susi.

Today a letter arrived from Susi saying that her grant application was refused due to the aforementioned spanner in the previous paragraph. There was no mention of the previous letter offering her a grant nor about them having made payments already. It's like the first letter never came!?

She will appeal but I'm just wondering is this a regular thing to happen or has it happened to anyone before?. I stress that she was totally transparent about everything including her previous qualification from the UK.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Sup08

BSc = Level 8 and therefore would not qualify for grant assistance if attending a course at the same level. She must progress to post-graduate studies qualify for further grant assistance.

Advertisement