Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I return laptop to Harney Norman?

Options
  • 26-10-2017 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭

This is not a rant at HN. I called them regarding the issue, they got right back to me, put their hands up and offered a replacement (not suitable) or return and are sending a return box.

I bought a
    Lenovo IdeaPad 310 15" Core i7 | 8GB | 1TB
    Total cost: €695

It was advertised as HDD 1TB + SSD 256GB

When it arrived there was no SSD installed.

I'm wondering should I just suck it up, or return? My issue is that for the price, I don't see anything similar for the spec I require - Mainly I want a desktop replacement (ie. not a tiny laptop) with a keypad.

I can get a 250GB SSD for about £80 from Amazon. I don't mind whipping out the HDD, putting the SSD in, installing Win 10, formatting standard HDD and then using that for data.

Anyone familar with laptop purchase (I rarely purchase laptops) that can find a similar deal given the spec I need?

Ideally i'd go for i7, upgrade to 16GB RAM - I don't expect to find a laptop with keypad, i7, 16GB, SSD + HDD for €695 to be honest.

-Edit- http://www.harveynorman.ie/computing/laptops/lenovo-ideapad-310-15-core-i7-8gb-1tb.html - I got it cheaper than current price 'sale'

Comments

Advertisement