Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTÉ 6.1 News changes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just watching now. I'm wondering why Samantha Libreri is in South Africa doing a report on farmers' problems out there. How much did that cost and what bearing has that on us here?

Sponsored by some crowd Joe, like the Della(D4) Kilroys trips to Haiti.

She’s still at the ‘Noos’ stuff which annoys me intensely.

Lot of that going around.

Edit.... supported by the Simon Cumber media fund Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,694 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Tony back on the scene on the 9pm news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Well anybody that is presenting the 6 or 9 news should have been reading the news on the radio or somewhere else prior to being appointed. Purely from an experience point of view. There is no point in hiring a reporter to do it and throwing them straight into it.

In the interest of balance I think there should be a female and a male presenter as well. But I know RTE is too 'woke' for that now.

*They can piss off with an increase to the license fee too*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Well anybody that is presenting the 6 or 9 news should have been reading the news on the radio or somewhere else prior to being appointed. Purely from an experience point of view. There is no point in hiring a reporter to do it and throwing them straight into it.

In the interest of balance I think there should be a female and a male presenter as well. But I know RTE is too 'woke' for that now.

*They can piss off with an increase to the license fee too*

The female quotas are beginning to get on my nerve. The mens rugby they had a woman on but for the womens rugby they had no man on. Why is that?

Joanne Cantwell hosting the Sunday game - rubbish and not suited to it.

Perry is not good enough for the news. She must be great pals with someone in RTE to give her that job. Because she obviously wanted to come back to Ireland to have kids so something like the news was the only thing they could give her that wouldn't be a step down from US correspondent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭mattser

Say what you will of Caitriona.....but hells bells she was a multitudinal better U.S. correspondent than her successor.

• Advertisement

mattser wrote: »
    Say what you will of Caitriona.....but hells bells she was a multitudinal better U.S. correspondent than her successor.

Disagree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

mattser wrote:

I actually much prefer him to her. She always came across as someone who has notions, think he has far more 'normality' about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,441 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I don't find that at all.

lawred2 wrote: »
    I don't find that at all.

Neither do I.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Brian O'Donovan is great. Has a great voice for reporting and doesn't show any bias. Perry just spouted on how Trump was terrible for the last 2 years or so.

• Advertisement

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Brian O'Donovan is great. Has a great voice for reporting and doesn't show any bias. Perry just spouted on how Trump was terrible for the last 2 years or so.

Bit unfair on her there, in my opinion,thought she did a very competent job in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Bit unfair on her there, in my opinion,thought she did a very competent job in the US.

Very late to the game all the time. Made excuses for not getting to Berkeley for 24 hours.

That's my biggest problem with him. Far too combative, and as regards that forever pause at the end before..........' Washington ', ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

That's my biggest problem with him. Far too combative, and as regards that forever pause at the end before..........' Washington ', ugh.

That drives me mad.

Another one id Dave Kelly who does the sports.

.. and Mo Salah scored a last minute goal........... for Liverpool.

Brendan wright was the worst.

Brendan Wright

AreTÉ News.

Belfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I disagree completely.

And you *do* know she played football for the Dublin ladies before moving into broadcasting, don't you...?

https://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/my-sideline-supporter-joanne-cantwell-looks-back-fondly-on-her-dads-support-26801084.html

I disagree completely.

And you *do* know she played football for the Dublin ladies before moving into broadcasting, don't you...?

https://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/my-sideline-supporter-joanne-cantwell-looks-back-fondly-on-her-dads-support-26801084.html

Joanne is very professional and always knows her stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Joanne is very professional and always knows her stuff.

Have to agree with this, she 'gets' the game and knows what she is talking about. Asks good questions too.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Ireland trains

Juat wondering if Mary Calpin and Karen Creed are still with rte news as i have not seen them presenting in a while.
    I assume when catriona goes on leave ray will take her place on six one.
    Alao is it just me or was the old intro style (music start ups and goes straight into headlines with welcome after intro) better than the new format where they start with the welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Ray Kennedy and Sharon Tobin are excellent on Six One News at present.They should be the main presenters all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah would agree with that, the dream team is a rotation of Ray Kennedy, Sharon Tobin and Keelin Shanley. Tobin is especially impressive imo. Now that Perry is gone off on maternity leave you wouldnt miss her at all. With any luck the head of news will have taken note of the improvement lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Karen Creed doing Six One this evening.

She was very good. You can tell that she's been presenting for some time. I gather she is ex France24.

Not many female newsreaders taller than her Id imagine!

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah would agree with that, the dream team is a rotation of Ray Kennedy, Sharon Tobin and Keelin Shanley. Tobin is especially impressive imo. Now that Perry is gone off on maternity leave you wouldnt miss her at all. With any luck the head of news will have taken note of the improvement lately.

Ray and Sharron on this evening, hopefully a permanent fixture given it's the first "long" news since the summer it's a good sign. Both great at what they do and infinity better than the previous paring and have been there long enough but deserve the spot on merit rather than time served. Haven't seen Keelin in ages, she's been on the radio now and then but not to be seen on the news.

EDIT: Who is the lad on the weather recently , with the beard? He has a voice of a DJ if ever I heard one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have to agree with this, she 'gets' the game and knows what she is talking about. Asks good questions too.

How does Ms Perry fit into the RTE family tree? There is no way she is there on merit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

riemann wrote: »
    How does Ms Perry fit into the RTE family tree? There is no way she is there on merit.

Looks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Looks?

Eh what? Sarcasm I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,867 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

riemann wrote: »
    Eh what? Sarcasm I hope.

But Trump...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,515 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Catriona Perry is back on the Six-One news tonight along with Ray Kennedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Where's Keelin Shanley gone?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 135 ✭✭Sloppy_Joe

Catriona Perry is back on the Six-One news tonight along with Ray Kennedy.

Ughhhhhhhh

Advertisement