Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring new induction hob and separate double oven

Options
  • 26-10-2017 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Hi

I’m getting a new kitchen in and I’m replacing the old stand alone cooker with the items above. However how to I wire separate hob and oven from the one supply wire? I’ve connected up cookers like the one I’m replacing no problem but I’m stumped about how I’ll wire up the new appliances. Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

You will need a junction box which splits the cable and gives two outputs.

But, and this is a big but.....you need to know the capacity of the the existing cable and the combined loading of your new appliances.
    If the cable is under rated for the load you could cause the circuit to trip out or even a fire.
    If you have any doubts how to calculate the load and check the cables sizing etc then get an electrician.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭D13exile

My mate is a sparks but I’ve been asking him for help with this but he’s too busy. Tried calling local electricians but they’re too busy as well. Guess the economy is picking up after all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Your local electrical wholesaler might be of assistance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Pete67

I have the same setup. The electrician wiring the house gave me an option of one or two cooker isolation switches. We opted for a single switch and he had no difficulty terminating both oven and hob cables at the isolation switch. I can't remember the cable size from the DB but I think it was 6mm sq.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

D13exile wrote: »
    Hi

I’m getting a new kitchen in and I’m replacing the old stand alone cooker with the items above. However how to I wire separate hob and oven from the one supply wire? I’ve connected up cookers like the one I’m replacing no problem but I’m stumped about how I’ll wire up the new appliances. Any help appreciated
    Hi how did you get on with the installation I will be doing something similar shortly and looking for advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭keithdub

The main problem is the size of the hob usually they use big loads so running the hob oven and shower could cause the main fuse to blow or even worse a fire. You will have to work it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Big Words

keithdub wrote: »
    The main problem is the size of the hob usually they use big loads so running the hob oven and shower could cause the main fuse to blow or even worse a fire. You will have to work it out

You should have worked out how non sensical your post is before you posted it. Bad as them Dublin cowboys now with showers going on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

keithdub wrote: »

What do you think is the better option use one of these https://goo.gl/images/3VrYRs or loop the 6sq. Cable from one appliance to the other

Advertisement