Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan cheque issued last week, still no keys??

Options
  • 26-10-2017 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Went sale agreed in July, signed contracts in September, loan cheque issued last week, I received letter from bank confirming payment schedule and bank details.

However all this week my solicitor is saying that she is waiting for a final document from the vendors solicitor and she now thinks this could go on until next week. I was originally promised keys this monday, then tuesday..etc now its next week. The estate agents cannot release the keys until this is sorted.

Surely at this stage I'm the legal owner of the property and have a right to the keys? What could be delaying? The vendors solicitor has confirmed that they have received the funds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭py

There's always a final check run by the solicitors after money has been exchanged. Ours took ~24 hours but it's best you get this sorted now. Understandably it''s frustrating, just hang in there.

Advertisement