Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance cover for UK import

Options
  • 26-10-2017 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering if you had this issue before. I have a uk car arriving next week and will be booked in for VRT at earliest appointment I can get, my insurance company are saying they won’t insure a car without a valid nct.

So as far as I know when I vrt the car it will take around 48hrs for the car to get on the system so I can book it for Nct so I could be a few weeks on uk plates by the time it can be vrt’d and then nct’d should my insurance company insure me if I have proof all of the above is booked?

Anyone been through similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Do a temporary transfer on to the car and produce the MOT cert for the car if they're being that ridiculous about it.

Advertisement