Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I was gonna switch to Revolut from EBS debit before I change to Turkey... but I think I'll leave it to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Kalyke wrote: »
    They eventually accepted payment today from my Revolut....Will never let it run out again!! Thanks all for the help!

I'm coming to this one a bit late, I can see the first post in this thread (updated 2021) outlining steps to change from Irish sub to Turkish or other.

I currently use paypal do I need to switch to Revolut?
    Do I need to make a payment from a Revlout Turkish Lira account?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭portcrap

Followed all the instructions and get hit with the dollar price renewal page ... cant get turkish lire no matter what I do. Using nord VPN and have lira on my revoluit account

• Registered Users Posts: 17,061 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

portcrap wrote:
    Followed all the instructions and get hit with the dollar price renewal page ... cant get turkish lire no matter what I do. Using nord VPN and have lira on my revoluit account

Use different vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

portcrap wrote: »

Seems to me that Nord servers are being detected. I couldn't get to the Lira page with Nord either.

So try another VPN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Nord will always send you to the US Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

OmegaGene wrote: »
    That’s what the link to check your ip was added to the first post

My point is that Nord seems to be recognised by Netflix.

I tried all of Nord's Turkish servers, I tried using different devices and even tried with Nord running on a router.

Price in USD every time.

Then tried Keedsolid and that gave the price in Lira first time.

That suggests to me that Nord's Turkish IPs are not suitable at present if you want to switch to Turkey. (I switched to Mexico a few years back with Nord just fine).

Just got a notification that my Netflix price is going up to £14 per month.

Anyone able to confirm, if i do the messing about in this thread, and use the Turkish or other versions, that the content doesn't change too much? Irish version has decent-ish content, so I'd be wary of losing a lot of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

You only move to turkey to subscribe, you do not need to have your vpn on to watch netflix. You continue to watch exactly as you are now

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Just got a notification that my Netflix price is going up to £14 per month.

Anyone able to confirm, if i do the messing about in this thread, and use the Turkish or other versions, that the content doesn't change too much? Irish version has decent-ish content, so I'd be wary of losing a lot of stuff.

No it’s all in Turkish and lots of soaps and stuff , but you do pick up the lingo after awhile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is the VPN needed just for sign up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

GBX wrote: »

Read the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

GBX wrote: »

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I did all the steps this afternoon, for some reason I'm getting prices in US$ even though I'm connected to Turkey VPN. The one step I'm not sure i did right was signing out of all devices, I couldn't see that option either on the app or in browser. I did change my password though which I think has the effect of signing me out of all devices? Any advice appreciated.

Nord VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Change your vpn to one that works
    Vpn unlimited works

This issue comes up all the time. If it's USD$ or any currency except Turkish Lira then there can be only one cause....Your VPN is not adequate.

Following on from that, too much dicking around causes NF to block changes for up to 24 hours. This block can result in not recognising passwords or accepting payment cards. The obvious solution is to wait a day and a bit.

Maybe add the above to post one?

Setanter wrote: »
    This issue comes up all the time. If it's USD$ or any currency except Turkish Lira then there can be only one cause....Your VPN is not adequate.

Following on from that, too much dicking around causes NF to block changes for up to 24 hours. This block can result in not recognising passwords or accepting payment cards. The obvious solution is to wait a day and a bit.

Maybe add the above to post one?

Cheers for the responses. It's Nord VPN I'm using, just signed up today (free 7 day trial). I did an IP address check and it is showing as Turkey. Will give it a day before trying again. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Slightly off topic but is there any issue when you are updating your payment details? My card is due to expire later this year and I’m sure Revolut will issue me with a new one. Should I have my Irish mobile number on my account etc?

qwabercd wrote: »
    Cheers for the responses. It's Nord VPN I'm using, just signed up today (free 7 day trial). I did an IP address check and it is showing as Turkey. Will give it a day before trying again. Thanks again.
    Nord VPN will never work for Turkey as it redirects all netflix requests to the US.

qwabercd wrote:

Nord didn't work for me. Hola worked for me after trying several others

• Advertisement

snoopy84 wrote: »
    Nord didn't work for me. Hola worked for me after trying several others

Cheers, got the Turkish prices to load with hola. But it won't accept payment with my Ulster Bank card that was linked to my account already. Had a feeling it wouldn't work for me, oh well looks like I'll have to move back to Ireland!

TheDriver wrote: »
    Read the OP

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

There is one space available on my Premium Family account. PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Luke2513

This worked a great. Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I have an existing irish sub with netflix. Payment is via revolut every month.
    When i cancel and sign up again with VPN set to Turkey can i use the same revolut or will netflix know there's some going on?

qwabercd wrote:
    Cheers, got the Turkish prices to load with hola. But it won't accept payment with my Ulster Bank card that was linked to my account already. Had a feeling it wouldn't work for me, oh well looks like I'll have to move back to Ireland!

Change your payment details (revolut didn't work for me but curve did) and pay one month in ireland then cancel and move to turkey after sub expired

I have an existing irish sub with netflix. Payment is via revolut every month. When i cancel and sign up again with VPN set to Turkey can i use the same revolut or will netflix know there's some going on?

You must pay one month in ireland with payment method your going to use in turkey. Now revolut wouldn't work for me only curve but many others use revolut no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭OnLooker

Fair play all. Got it working this morning with my curve card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Changed over to Turkey no problem with revolut card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,680 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Changed over to Turkey no problem with revolut card.

Can I ask is this with your Revolut virtual card or with a physical one?

Advertisement