Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

Those instructions worked for me. When trying to use the option to update payment without using chat it asked me for turkish phone number. I returned to first help page and kept selecting the chat option. On the chat I just said I wanted to update my payment card and they provided a different UI for card details which did not ask for a phone number. Once number entered they charged me something small and then reverted it straight away. And that was that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭bromley52

Is the link they provide to update the payment card unique to each user or can it be edited for each user?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Xcellor

It wasn't a link. The form is pushed onto the chat window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

I let my Irish account expire where I had my Irish visa debit card as payment method.

Once expired I applied Turkish gift cards while in Turkey. Have it sorted for less than 20 quid for a few months.

I tried adding the card I previously used for Irish sub. But got same error as reported on here about a problem with the card. I tried my new revolut card and the same problem.

My next step will be the chat option listed here. But when I get the in-chat payment screen, can I add my Irish visa debit card? Or would revolut be better? If revolut, do i need to add Turkish Lira or is Euro fine?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭pah

I added Turkish Lira to my account and the test purchased that came out and was refunded was for 1TL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,695 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Revolut would be cheaper. You probably don't need lira in it, Revolut will auto convert your euro balance as needed. No harm in having a small lira balance to start with though just in case that flags an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Hi folks - I have been using a Turkish subscription for a number of years now and my payment method ( Irish credit card ) will expire in a few months .

is it ok to just update my payment method with my card of choice accessing the account as normal or I do I need to do this under VPN mode?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I had to use a Cyprus VPN on my turkish Netflix account to get my new Revolut VISA debit card added without being requested a turkish mobile number

Still a bit of pot luck for people if you go back on the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Ok , not really sure how using a Cyprus vpn worked , that’s a bit confusing ..

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭darconio

Post edited by darconio on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

This whole thing is a pain in the hoop.

I've had about 5 agents now, I've tried acting stupid, smart, friendly, angry, whatever, no sign of this mythical secret form. My revolut is rejected - Netflix say declined but Revolut say that they didn't try to take payment, Irish card rejected without a Turkish phone number, when I try to verify my Irish number as suggested by one rep the text never arrived. They all keep defaulting to 'go buy a gift card and try and add your payment info later'

Is that really the best option?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭bromley52

Have you tried,

Incognito mode, and Turkey/Cyprus VPN in Chrome?

Yes to all but the Cyprus VPN, I couldn't find one I didn't have to pay for and I wasn't dropping cash for a 'maybe'.

Went the Turgame gift card route and actually that's probably how I'll continue doing it, it actually suits me pretty well to just grab a couple of months worth of credit every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Same problem here. I created new account via Norton 360 VPN, incognito mode in chrome, it showig me price in TYL but can't add any of my cards. Tried revolut two cards and AIB Credit card, still no joy. Managed to buy gitf card.

And other problem, I am trying to do this for my mate in germany. His revolut card was accepted, 1TYL was taken from his revolut account but when we try to renew subsription it still showing price from Germany €17.99. Shoul he wait until his sub expired and then renew it? All other payments were removed.

EDIT:

Ok, so added gift card, straightforward. Then connected to the call centre. Told him that I want to update card, he said that he will give me link to update. This worked fine. Card updated. Everything with VPN of course.

Post edited by sosq on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I had to get onto chat twice in order to get sorted. I tried updating payment details a few times first before going through chat. Initially the website was looking for a Turkish phone number and then started giving me an error "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

The first agent asked for last 4 digits of both old and new Revolut cards and then told me to wait 24 hours or contact my bank over the error message. The second agent looked for my email address and emailed me a link first (got the same error), then popped up the in chat method and asked for the last 4 digits of the new card once I'd submitted.

I used Hola, if anyone's stuck for a free VPN.

Check your IP to make sure you've arrived in Turkey when you turn on the VPN, it took a couple of tries for me on a fresh install.

Hopefully I don't have to touch it until 2027 now 🤞

Post edited by RobertFoster on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wouldn't go near that Hola. I used that when I signed up a couple of years ago and mysteriously someone hacked my account shortly after I used it. Coincidence I think not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Oh cool. Time to change my Netflix password then.

Maybe Hola should be removed from the OP if it's dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

Folks,

Any help appreciated. I've had a Netflix turkey account for years now and my Revolut has expired. I've tried to update and obviously it won't accept. I then bought G2A gift cards for Netflix but it won't accept them.

Unlimited VPN is on (price is still showing in Lira). tried incognito mode etc.

Am I buying vouchers from the wrong place ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I gave up on Revolut myself. I get gift cards from Truegame.com I'm all paid up for the next couple years. Never had trouble with this company.

Try load your existing gift card without the vpn. It's not required so long as you have a Turkish account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

What worked for me a month ago was to log onto the Netflix payment details page, without a VPN, and add my new Revolut card as a backup payment, not as a principal payment source. I also had my Revolut homepage set to the Turkish wallet. 1 lira was taken as a test payment and reverted. When it was time for payment this month I initially received an email about my old revolut card not working but a day later the payment was taken from the new card I'd added as a backup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,563 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

So I've been with Netflix Mexico for last couple of years but the price has crept up to close to €15 as of last month. So jumped on VPN to Turkey and have created a new account I purchased 100TL gift card from G2A and applied it did ask for a phone number during account setup but skipped and it finished. What I did was turn off vpn and added my Irish number that way.

So if I cancel my mexico account is it worth trying to vpn to turkey to try the update payment route?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

To answer my own question a few weeks back about Netflix successfully billing a revolut card that was pre-existing on my Irish account before setting up the Turkish one, it went through fine yesterday.

When I swapped to a Turkish account, I had to use a gift card as it kept giving the payment problem message for the card on the account. I was worried it might fail at this month's renewal but It debited the one month payment worth of lira I had loaded on the card when I was trying to set up without a hitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

Hi guy's, do you still have to sign up for 1 month of an Irish sub to get up and running via the VPN. Have never done this before.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭muloc

I can't get new revolut card updated on my netflix account.

Revolut app says my old card will stop working 31st May but I've used it since that no problem.

I'm wondering what will happen next week when my direct debit is due. Has anyone's failed?

The expiry on the old revolut is 2024

I can always try the vouchers if it does fail.

Yeah absolutely do not use Hola, it was ripped off the chrome extension repo and plenty of other places for containing malware. Windscribe seems decent and free, I use Tunnelbear for most things because it's nice and simple and well designed but it doesn't have Turkey in the free version.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I got a 7 day free trial of Nord vpn and used the chat on Netflix to update my Revolut with no issues

So hopefully that'll be OK for the next 5 years.

I was also able to update my YouTube premium with no problems, and then made sure to cancel the vpn so I wouldn't be charged

• Registered Users Posts: 37 KerrySurfer

Just changed my payment method to my new Revolut card. Did it on a PC, installed Tunnelbear VPN (this is free account with 500MB per month) and connected via Cyprus. Logged on to my Netflix account in Incognito and went straight to chat and got talking with a CS rep. Told him that I was unable to update my payment details. He activated the in chat payment form and once I entered the details a payment of 1 TRL was taken from my account and then reverted.

Looks like I'm all set until 2027!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I tried the chat option via Cyprus VPN and the rep kept asking questions about current location and where the account was created. I killed the chat, but with my bad luck, they'll either terminate my account or switch me to Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just added my new Revolut card details as a backup card without VPN and it was accepted without asking for phone number and then I just changed that card to my main card and it has been working fine since. I did just have Turkish Lira on the Revolut account though. I'm not sure if that helps but I lean towards it did help rather than not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

I tried the backup card route a good few times before contacting via chat, but kept getting asked for a Turkish phone number. I also have Lira on my Revolut account. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Advertisement