Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

I signed up to the Mexican account, I noticed that they took circa 4.5 EUR from my account and then they billed me 8.57 EUR for the month's membership...will I get the 4.5 EUR back? I paid with Revolut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

alwald wrote: »
    I signed up to the Mexican account, I noticed that they took circa 4.5 EUR from my account and then they billed me 8.57 EUR for the month's membership...will I get the 4.5 EUR back? I paid with Revolut.

Yes

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

alwald wrote: »

Should have it back within a day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Thanks for the tips. Signed up to Netflix Mexico in January. Now only pay 7 euro a month for a standard account compared to 11 euro a month signing up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Saw this on HotUKDeals looks like Turkey and Columbia are cheapest at the moment.
    I do think Netflix will eventually clamp down on this practice like they did with switching regions.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-monthly-now-732-and-307-works-2903864

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Saw this on HotUKDeals looks like Turkey and Columbia are cheapest at the moment.
    I do think Netflix will eventually clamp down on this practice like they did with switching regions.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-monthly-now-732-and-307-works-2903864

I'm sure will be a limited time only thing, but while it is, we might as well go for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

I'm sure will be a limited time only thing, but while it is, we might as well go for it?

Be rude not to.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Can’t really see how they can change this method though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

yabadabado wrote: »
    Asus X540L wrote: »
    There's no bother changing language?
    What about content? More or less the same?

You only need to set it up with a VPN, then just log into account without VPN and Irish content is there.
    Do you get the 30 days free with this?

You only need to set it up with a VPN, then just log into account without VPN and Irish content is there.
    sorry just read previous posts,thanks

• Advertisement

sorry just read previous posts,thanks
    Done dusted,works out at 8 us dollars@month,, middle option, thanks to all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Mr.S wrote: »
    Billing address for that country
    SMS verification for that country code
    Block VPN / SmartDNS workarounds for the signup up process

A few ways! I doubt they care though.

Hope they don’t read the thread lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Prob 0.1% of any country does this plus some of these problems wouldn't bother with Netflix at full price. Don't think they'd bother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

TheDriver wrote: »
    Prob 0.1% of any country does this plus some of these problems wouldn't bother with Netflix at full price. Don't think they'd bother

That figure could rise to the point where they decide to block it

I can't see how it's that hard for them as a previous poster alluded to

Can I use my Irish billing address ?
    Also can I turn off Hola before I transmit credit card details? Not sure sending via the Hola vpn sounds very secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'd say Netflix are getting the same amount regardless. Hazard a guess it's more to do with tax/vat than anything else, if your deciding to pay tax/vat in Mexico, rather than Ireland, that really isn't Netflix's problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

TallGlass wrote: »
    I'd say Netflix are getting the same amount regardless. Hazard a guess it's more to do with tax/vat than anything else, if your deciding to pay tax/vat in Mexico, rather than Ireland, that really isn't Netflix's problem.

More to it than tax/vat
    More to do with global economy

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/qz.com/996248/this-is-the-cheapest-place-in-the-world-to-get-netflix/amp/

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Signed up to Netflix Turkey via VPN.
    IT said signing up I'll be charged 20 lire per month but the email said I'll be charged 15.90 per month(3.39e), and that's after the free month!

Happy days.

How many different countries does Netflix operate in?
    It seems you can get a free month for each one?
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

Hmm whats going to happen when this kicks in?
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/headlines/economy/20170515STO74834/streaming-without-borders-eu-rules-to-allow-using-online-subscriptions-abroad

Will our libraries go back to the location of the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭bromley52

billbond4 wrote: »
    Hmm whats going to happen when this kicks in?
    http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/headlines/economy/20170515STO74834/streaming-without-borders-eu-rules-to-allow-using-online-subscriptions-abroad

Will our libraries go back to the location of the account?

The rules will only apply to Netflix countries within the EU. So if you have an account from outside the EU e.g. Mexico things will remain the same as now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭billbond4

Ah yeah that makes sense

What VPN are people using for Turkey ?

What VPN are people using for Turkey ?
    Express VPN ,free trial, register with NF,turn off VPN,sign out of NF ,sign in, bingo

TunnelBear on phone works very easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

TheDriver wrote: »
    TunnelBear on phone works very easy

Doesn't work for me at all, I get into the US Netflix and can see all the shows and movies but none will play.

It's only to sign up to Mexico, you play through your own non VPN connection

Express VPN ,free trial, register with NF,turn off VPN,sign out of NF ,sign in, bingo

Brilliant,thank you!Getting express vpn!
    Whats nf though?

Whats nf though?
    U only need it for 10 m,free trial lasts a week

Whats nf though?
    Netflix

• Advertisement

Netflix

Ha wow ok, I'm an idiot. Thank you so much!

Advertisement