Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Just used that link to buy 3 * 200TL vouchers. Paid with PayPal. The vouchers applied straight to my Netflix account in Ireland, didn't have to use a VPN or anything.

Thanks for the link!

(had to do this as my previous bank card had expired and I couldn't register a new one with Netflix because they wanted to send a confirmation SMS to a Turkish mobile phone number, which I don't have and don't have great experience of using an online SMS service)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

I used this site to get s turkish number for the apple music bargain that's on the go at the moment

https://5sim.biz/en

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

sorry now if im jumping in here as mr thick, but I just want to make sure im correct before I do anything drastic (and feel the wrath of the kids when they have no Netflix!).... am I correct in understanding that to make this work

I can use my current Irish Netflix account

I must cancel automatic billing

and I can then use Turkish Netflix vouchers to prepay my account, either with or without a vpn

or am I missing something here?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭ooter

@elsparko you can use your existing account but you must cancel it and let it run out first and then connect to Netflix turkey using a VPN and restart your subscription using a gift card. When the gift card runs out payment may or may not be taken from your registered card at the Turkish price, if not just continue to pay using gift cards.

Always best to use a turkey VPN when applying a gift card but it might work without

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elsparko

thanks so much for clarifying, will give it a shot at the end of this month so. will cross my fingers till then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

200TL voucher for €7 is very good value, same as revolut price for 200TL today

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kil

I've just done this today.

#1 Let Netflix subscription lapse

#2 Purchase vouchers from turgame

#3 Download a VPN and from your browser open netflix and restart your membership. Update payment method to gift cards and load on credit to the account. I've added 3 x 200 TL vouchers which covers me until March 24.

#4 Use Netlflix as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Do you not need an account to get the Netflix voucher on this site? (Turgame)

Its asking me to sign up but to do that i need a Turkish phone number to register?

Yeah but you need an account for turgame?

it asks you for phone verification to join up for turgame?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kil

Yes you do have to create and account on turgame. I validated with my Irish phone number no issue.

• Advertisement

Brilliant thanks for the heads up there.

I’ve bought 5x 200TL vouchers, so I’m just waiting for Netflix to expire on Tuesday 12TH so that i can then redeem with my VPN set to turkey and input the codes.

Just wondering, do i have to wait for Netflix to expire, or could i just do the above process now?

also, am i correct in saying Netflix costs 63.99 TL at the minute for the top packet, so I’ve bought 1000TL, so that will get me 15 months.

The 5x 200TL cost me E34.90

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭SourSessions

@tom1ie if you do it now the gift cards won't work because you are still on an Irish plan, wait till your subscription runs out and make sure you definitely can't watch anything before logging on to Netflix turkey.

It'd be no harm to log out of Netflix on all your devices before trying it

Thanks ooter I’ll wait until Tuesday/Wednesday so.

Ok so if it costs 130.99 I’ve bought 1000 which is 7 months worth for E34.90 which isn’t bad.

Is turkey still the cheapest yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Pakistan is the cheapest now. 1,100 Rupees. (€3.35)

Followed by: 131 Lira in Turkey. (€4.56)

165 Egyptian pounds. (€5)

No idea how to sign up for Pakistan or Egypt and my account is Turkish paid with a card so I won't rock the boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,499 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd concur, you could find Egypt flies up in price all of a sudden etc.

I got prime through Egypt tho

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

Can I ask for some advice please, regarding updating the payment method to gift cards.

I had been paying for my Turkish netflix using Revolut through a Curve card. Curve card was replaced and it won't accept the new one.

I bought 200TL voucher from Turgame. Tried to add it with VPN on, but just got an error message. Waited 24 hours and tried again. First got a message saying voucher not valid, then a message saying an error has occurred when I tried again. I'm using a browser window on my tablet, with Windscribe set to Turkey. Windscribe seems a bit hit and miss - any suggestions as to what I could use instead. I'm on the verge of giving up on this one, any help appreciated. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

try it without vpn

• Advertisement

Try it through the app on your phone without a vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 46 carazeb

Thanks for that - the voucher worked perfectly with the VPN off. I'm back up and running again

Do you not need the VPN on and set to Turkey when you are inputting the vouchers into Netflix and signing up for Turkish Netflix though?

You need the Turkish VPN to log in to Netflix turkey but once you're in you may or may not need the VPN on to restart your subscription with a gift card, seems to be hit and miss. When you go in to the account section when you log in just make sure it's showing Turkish prices and you're good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭ablelocks

was updating my account with turgame vouchers and noticed in the order confirmation an activation support link

5. If you purchased multiple codes, use different IP and browser for each code. If you do not follow this rule, the code you purchased may be blocked. This responsibility belongs to you.

i had issues the last time i ordered and i reckon that was the reason.

this time around, i entered the code on netfilx with vpn (Keepsolid VPN Unlimited) set for turkey. then logged out, then turned off vpn and restarted. opened up netflix again and added the second code. no issues or error messages

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

So I lost my my Revolut Mastercard which was paying Turkish Lira for Netflix. Payment lapsed and it wouldn't accept my new Revolut Visa card :( So I added a 200TL gift card from turgame to restart membership but now I need a VPN to watch :( Is there any way to resolve this and do away with the need for a VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

My tufgame voucher ran out and payment with my Revolut card has been declined, saying rhere is a problem with my payment method. Anyway to resolve this?

That happened to me and the only way I could get it back up and running was to pay through the app on the fire stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Balls on it anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

are you sure you need a VPN to watch? I paid used Turgame vouchers and I don't need a VPN (though my account has now expired again as no-one was using it).

Advertisement