Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is it a revolut issue? No issue where u register, content is based on country you are watching it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is it a revolut issue? No issue where u register, content is based on country you are watching it
    I just used my regular card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

Phew, thought they had decided to cop on to us.
    Had me nervous kid

jameshayes wrote: »
    Are there any downsides to mexico/columbia registrations? less content etc?
    No as far as I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 16,527 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

jameshayes wrote: »
    Are there any downsides to mexico/columbia registrations? less content etc?
    None whatsoever. You get the Irish content once you stop using the VPN.

VPN is only needed for the registration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭enaeknala1

Has anyone done this with Spotify? Noticed that Spotify premium is approx €2 in the Philippines.. Could be useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

enaeknala1 wrote: »
    Has anyone done this with Spotify? Noticed that Spotify premium is approx €2 in the Philippines.. Could be useful?

there is a spotify thread

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I'm looking for a spot if anyone has one going...

This is Netflix thread. There are no "spots"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

colombian pesos.

Is there a setting in revolut to pay in the local currency?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Had me nervous kid

Dwotcha boy

Is there a setting in revolut to pay in the local currency?

not in revolut, its more then likely in the payment page on who you are paying. On netflix, i think it automatically gets charged at the local currency because you are a local.....

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Had me nervous kid

Dwotcha boy
    Dowtcha back kid

Mr.S wrote: »
    Not really - you will get the local content of whatever country your viewing Netflix in.

With the new EU 'law' coming into effect (bringing your EU sub catalogue with you wherever you travel within the EU) this means people with cheap, non-europeans subs could find themselves limited in content when traveling.

eg if you sign up to Mexican Netflix, you can browse as normal and get the Irish / UK Netflix catalogue, but if you travel to Italy you will only get the Italian Netflix catalogue (which is quite limited)/

Where as someone with an Irish Netflix subscription, traveling to Italy, will get the full Irish / UK catalogue under the new EU law.

Not a huge deal breaker by any stretch, but worth keeping in mind.

https://ec.europa.eu/ireland/news/travel-with-your-digital-subscriptions-from-1-april-2018_en

If you sign up to getflix offer in bargain alerts you can unlock us Netflix

Mr.S wrote: »
    Oh yeah but that's a cat and mouse game with getting blocked + it's an extra sub!
    They fixed that lately so no tom and Jerry game and the sub is lifetime and it’s cheap at the moment

Getflix :- Also please take note that due to constant DNS/VPN blocking from Netflix side, our network engineers found out that setting up Static Routing in your router will fix Netflix issue permanently especially for media players, consoles, set top box, iOs, android and other devices that use Netflix application.

We have updated our Static IP routing instructions especially for Netflix access. You can check on it from this page https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/202281524-Block-Public-DNS-Overview and please make sure to set United States under Netflix from your Getflix Region page.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

This is Netflix thread. There are no "spots"
    Strange that, could have a sworn I got 2 account access from people in thus thread..

In theory you can but its sharing the same account unlike Spotify where everyone has their own login. On previous discussion, it's hard to stop one person hogging all the screens so you'd want to trust them

In theory you can but its sharing the same account unlike Spotify where everyone has their own login. On previous discussion, it's hard to stop one person hogging all the screens so you'd want to trust them
    I know that, Im sharing two accounts with randomers on boards, never had a problem yet!

A Netflix family you mean
    I am part of one now for 4/5 months and it’s working perfectly, not a single problem with it
    Rules can be implemented if need be

If someone takes more than one screen they get benched and lose their money etc

Lenny wrote: »
    I know that, Im sharing two accounts with randomers on boards, never had a problem yet!

Lenny I think people are getting confused because Spotify was brought up

Down with that sort of thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

I signed up via Columbia a fortnight ago (Hola, revolut and a new email address) - all was going fine until today when they have signed me out on all devices :(
    when I try to sign in I am prompted to restart my membership (at irish prices).

There doesnt seem to be any way around this. (have tried clearing cookies and signing in via hola) buteven then i'm still only getting prompted to restart at 32,900 COP (4 screen HD). As far as I recall that's more than the original COP amount.

Anyone experience anything similar or as I imagine - is the fun over and do I have to go crawling back to netflix and reinstate my old account? :(

I signed up via Columbia a fortnight ago (Hola, revolut and a new email address) - all was going fine until today when they have signed me out on all devices :(

There doesnt seem to be any way around this. (have tried clearing cookies and signing in via hola) buteven then i'm still only getting prompted to restart at 32,900 COP (4 screen HD). As far as I recall that's more than the original COP amount.

Anyone experience anything similar or as I imagine - is the fun over and do I have to go crawling back to netflix and reinstate my old account? :(

It’s all going Pete tong

• Registered Users Posts: 12,585 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Mine is still working with 4 screen premium and payment via Revolut. But maybe Netflix have copped onto this and are working their way through accounts that they think are using the vpn workaround. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming week.

Checked hot deals uk and nobody is complaining about getting knocked off
    Surely if Netflix cancel mid subscription a reason would be given, can’t just log a user out unless something was done wrong in the set up but even then a valid reason should’ve given
    Terms and conditions broken or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Mine is fine. Mexican account

They couldn't do that mid sub surely? Mine working fine still, Mexican account. You could be travelling in Europe a lot and rarely home in Columbia

They couldn't do that mid sub surely? Mine working fine still, Mexican account. You could be travelling in Europe a lot and rarely home in Columbia

Exactly what I was thinking, makes no sense to me

My recent activity is all Ireland based so I am screwed if they look. But I'm only a tiny fish in a massive pond

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Did you try another country ? It seems in the past problems have been reported with Colombian subscriptions with non-Colombian cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Did you try another country ? It seems in the past problems have been reported with Colombian subscriptions with non-Colombian cards

That's an idea thanks. Maybe a Mexico/ Turkish sub worth a try.
    Mine is mid cycle but no charge/ refund involved as I'm still in my free month

Advertisement