Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

Just checked and I'm still active.

I've been using gift cards since I started (Aug 23) and I'm paid up 'til the end of March.

So far so good but I'm starting to feel like I'm on borrowed time!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,421 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Didn't work for me. Kept getting error. Will try again later.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Also gone! End of an era.

Back to using made up families then I suppose?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Another one here with a cancelled account. I have Windscribe on phone and can get as far as payment screen, with Turkish prices, to reactivate it but will probably be cancelled again.

Edit: It's looking for a Turkish phone number on mobile browser. Not sure if I try reactivating on Firestick. That was the work around previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,099 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

I can go through the checkout when using Turkey as VPN location; anyone know if the Gift Cards will work if purchased from that Turkish website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Some amount of households in Ireland this morning waking up to “Noooooo, partys over” haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭ooter

I've been using stremio for the last few weeks and have been very impressed with it. Defo won't be paying full price for Netflix, pretty much anything I'll want to watch on it will be on stremio.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Had my daughters onto me first thing haha.

Just bought some gift cards from TURGAME and loaded up using windscribe free vpn, back up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Mine got cancelled a month back. I loaded on gift cards for a year, pending increase in price that is.

I hope they don't cancel it since it's prepaid!

Did anyone get their account cancelled with gift card credit active?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Mine gone also this morning and increased payment TRY 177 (€5.44 via AIB as they previously cancelled my account years ago when using Revolut) only taken on 19th Feb.

I see someone has already requested their money back via Revolut but will Netflix be refunding all these accounts automatically or are charge backs going to required. Never had cause to initiate one previously so would prefer the auto refund and then maybe later looking into alternatives such as the voucher cards.

I had family on my account also and while I didn't use it often would prefer to keep but won't be paying Irish prices especially since password sharing isn't available anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Mass culling of turkish account across the globe..australia/canada/Ireland/UK and possibly many more ! Reddit is trending on this topic..Bye bye Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭lau1247

Yes you will need VPN as far as I know because that's the only way you will get the amount to pay in Lira (and the voucher you buy specifically state Lira value also).

As for VPN, I have Getflix from many years ago. I don't think it matters much which VPN as long as you are 'seen' as from Turkey. I usually do a quick check on the IP Leak website after I log on VPN just to make sure it is showing up as in country.

Hope this helps.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks like gift cards is the only alternative?

Can we get them cheap anywhere?

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭G1032

Thanks. Windscribe working for me. Gonna try add a voucher

Edit. Just seen post above re giftcards cancelled. 😭. Couldn't be @rsed now. Was good while it lasted.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭feargantae

Jaysus that was awful sneaky of them wasn't it?

Trying to sign back up to no avail and getting a really weird error message instead of the usual payment failed.

"This feature has been disabled. This profile cannot be transferred until the account owner turns on profile transfers"

Weird

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

I barely watch it anymore so I'm not sure I can be bothered jumping through hoops to get it back. If profile sharing was still a thing on Irish accounts I'd consider it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭upinthesky

Mine is also gone, don’t think this will go down well as most of us here would recommend Netflix, no way would I pay the prices they are asking for in Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭muloc

Mine gone too and only paid the other day.

Where did you do this in Revolut?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

We were breaking the T+Cs so Netfilx were within their rights to cancel the accounts. I doubt a charge back will work as you need to provide proof of trying to get a refund from the seller which would show we were breaking the T+Cs.

But it's worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

I think you need to wait 7 days after the payment before you can make a claim. My payment was taken on Thursday, so I'm not getting the option to make a claim yet.

Ah really, would you go looking for your money back after the huge discounts we have got for years?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

The b**tards charged me €6.80 at 02:40 and then banned me a few hours later 😆

We had a good run. Back to Plex/Emby we go.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Stewball

They are a multi-billion dollar company - I'm not giving them a penny for nothing.

Not sure that applies in the EU though, may do a check.

All Eyes On Rafah

Ring Netflix customer service and you'll get through to someone outsourced to the Philippines.

We're just outsourcing our payment from Éire to Türkiye. It's not all that different!

I suppose when you put it like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

People on reddit were told by netflix customer support that when the bank/revolut goes to them for a charge back , they are told you broke terms and people aren't getting money back or have been denied. Seemingly it's not just today and has been happening over the last week or two.

I mean would you really be arsed for 6 quid. Going for years and saved a fortune, you'd want to be one mean cnut just to even waste your time with emails and phone calls.

Wont even let me login with a VPN anymore. Claiming password is wrong, total BS.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement

Ye need to use the email login option. Netflix seems to have blocked all our flagged accounts from signing in normally

Advertisement