Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I signed up via Columbia a fortnight ago (Hola, revolut and a new email address) - all was going fine until today when they have signed me out on all devices :(
    when I try to sign in I am prompted to restart my membership (at irish prices).

There doesnt seem to be any way around this. (have tried clearing cookies and signing in via hola) buteven then i'm still only getting prompted to restart at 32,900 COP (4 screen HD). As far as I recall that's more than the original COP amount.

Anyone experience anything similar or as I imagine - is the fun over and do I have to go crawling back to netflix and reinstate my old account? :(

Yes the prices for Columbia increased. My membership wasn't automatically renewed!
    http://nextvnews.com/netflix-raises-prices-colombia/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ahhhh if you're in your free month, then it's hard to have comeback. They want you to agree to new price. Still cheap though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

Is the first free month given automatically when u sign up to Mexico?

When would the first payments be taken?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

TheDriver wrote: »
    My recent activity is all Ireland based so I am screwed if they look. But I'm only a tiny fish in a massive pond

I flick over to the states quite often courtesy of getflix lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

That's an idea thanks. Maybe a Mexico/ Turkish sub worth a try.
    Mine is mid cycle but no charge/ refund involved as I'm still in my free month

Price increase has probably caused this to happen
    When you got the free month the contract was for the old price to come out every month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

I signed up via Columbia a fortnight ago (Hola, revolut and a new email address) - all was going fine until today when they have signed me out on all devices :(
    when I try to sign in I am prompted to restart my membership (at irish prices).

There doesnt seem to be any way around this. (have tried clearing cookies and signing in via hola) buteven then i'm still only getting prompted to restart at 32,900 COP (4 screen HD). As far as I recall that's more than the original COP amount.

Anyone experience anything similar or as I imagine - is the fun over and do I have to go crawling back to netflix and reinstate my old account? :(
    Hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Is the first free month given automatically when u sign up to Mexico?

When would the first payments be taken?

Thanks
    As far as I know, the first month is always free, regardless of country. Payment is taken at the same day(you signed up) the next month. Although I think they may charge you when you sign up and immediately revert the charge once they see the card works.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Signed up again with turkey sub (sounds like a subway special 😀 ) though didn't get another free trial month - maybe because I used same revolut payment card as before (used a different email)

Thanks to all for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,865 ✭✭✭ozmo

I signed up on my virtual travels to Mexico - didnt make it much if any cheaper - still $13.99 a month (I do get the Ultra HD though - there is a $7.99/month plan for 1 screen SD quality)
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    I flick over to the states quite often courtesy of getflix lol

What DNS do you Using Getflix - Im with them, Used be ok - but it hasnt worked for me in a long while... Do you use DNS or do you use their VPN?

ta.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    I signed up on my virtual travels to Mexico - didnt make it much if any cheaper - still $13.99 a month (I do get the Ultra HD though - there is a $7.99/month plan for 1 screen SD quality)

What DNS do you Using Getflix - Im with them, Used be ok - but it hasnt worked for me in a long while... Do you use DNS or do you use their VPN?

ta.

If you have the app on the phone in settings look for Netflix and switch USA on, or go on the website and do the same

• Advertisement

If you have the app on the phone in settings look for Netflix and switch USA on, or go on the website and do the same

As well as pick the USA for for the dns setting - There were a number of DNS servers to choose from for the entry point getflix server- did you use the Irish one? I was having mixed results with it.

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    As well as pick the USA for for the dns setting - There were a number of DNS servers to choose from for the entry point getflix server- did you use the Irish one? I was having mixed results with it.

I didn’t select a USA dns I did exactly what I said, switched on USA Netflix on the app and bingo
    All the info is on the getflix website

Here’s a snippet of a convo I had with them

Yes, US Netflix is already included in your subscription. You may visit https://www.getflix.com/manage/regions and turn on the US Netflix region.

Also please take note that due to constant DNS/VPN blocking from Netflix side, our network engineers found out that setting up Static Routing in your router will fix Netflix issue permanently especially for media players, consoles, set top box, iOs, android and other devices that use Netflix application.

We have updated our Static IP routing instructions especially for Netflix access. You can check on it from this page https://getflix.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/articles/202281524-Block-Public-DNS-Overview and please make sure to set United States under Netflix from your Getflix Region page. I

I didn’t select a USA dns....

Yup - thanks - did all that - several times....

My question is what was the DNS server (the 4 numbers) you entered into your TV/Router/XBox etc...

There is a long page of servers to choose from - I was having issues with ones I tried - and I tried several - and was wondering if anyone could suggest one that worked for IRELAND (the irish DNS on the page below didn't used to work - but no longer works for me for netflix)

Ie. Which option did those who got it working on their TV get it working on:

https://www.getflix.com.au/setup/dns-servers
    447718.png

(just getting it working on a Smart Phone wouldnt be good enough for me)

“Roll it back”

Wrong thread for this really but I selected a Dublin and uk dns when I first set it up on my router settings and it’s worked since, I don’t have a fixed/static ip so I update getflix on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I got refunded the other months i had paid for Colombian Netflix. So i basically got 2 months and 3 weeks free netflix.

I got refunded the other months i had paid for Colombian Netflix. So i basically got 2 months and 3 weeks free netflix.
    All ok here,got charged e6.68 today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭funnyname

All ok here,got charged e6.68 today
    I signed up for US Netflix via a workaround but instead of being charged $10.99 my revolut card was charged ~$12.64. could they be charging me some FX cost on top of the normal price. I made sure I had enough dollars in my $wallet. Will try via US PayPal account next month.

funnyname wrote: »
    I signed up for US Netflix via a workaround but instead of being charged $10.99 my revolut card was charged ~$12.64. could they be charging me some FX cost on top of the normal price. I made sure I had enough dollars in my $wallet. Will try via US PayPal account next month.

Why the us out of curiosity ?
    Netflix don’t charge fx cost they bill you in the currency of your location maybe it’s a Revolut issue

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

That's odd - almost sounds like you're paying an Irish sub but in US$

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Need to cancel, resign, double check alls ok

• Advertisement

Why the us out of curiosity ?
    Netflix don’t charge fx cost they bill you in the currency of your location maybe it’s a Revolut issue

I probably being stupid but I presumed that the most content would be available in the US so I'd need to pay a US sub.

fmul9798 wrote: »

I'll sign up under a new email at the end of this current period and see if that works any better, will double check workaround settings thoroughly before hand tho.

I probably being stupid but I presumed that the most content would be available in the US so I'd need to pay a US sub.

The content is based on where you are actually located at the time so say you pop over to Mexico and sign up there for the low price then you can travel anywhere either physically or via vpn/smart dns and watch the content of your choosing
    USA and Canadian content is better btw

The content is based on where you are actually located at the time so say you pop over to Mexico and sign up there for the low price then you can travel anywhere either physically or via vpn/smart dns and watch the content of your choosing
    USA and Canadian content is better btw

Muchos Gracias (also a famous legless Mexican goalkeeper)

Muchos Gracias (also a famous legless Mexican goalkeeper)

No problem
    I’m off to America later via getflix ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Off topic, but has any else experienced very poor picture quality when watching HDR content from Netflix on a LG smart TV? Very dull, washed out almost unwatchable. HDR clips from YouTube play perfectly. I did try Netflix customer support but hung up as they started asking questions about my sub.....

Kalyke wrote: »
    Off topic, but has any else experienced very poor picture quality when watching HDR content from Netflix on a LG smart TV? Very dull, washed out almost unwatchable. HDR clips from YouTube play perfectly. I did try Netflix customer support but hung up as they started asking questions about my sub.....
    Must be the TV,on my shield it's perfect

Kalyke wrote: »

i have a 4k lg and never have washed out picture i also use the shield and thats the same

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I signed up for Netflix Mexico on the 26th March initially for the middle sub at 149MXN a month then upgraded to the highest sub during the first month.

Payment of 199MXN was taken on the 25th. April.

Then this morning I got an email to say that that the 199MXN had been refunded but no reason given for why.

When I tried to use Netflix I got a message to say that I must renew my subscription.

Went back in via VPN and renewed my sub to Netflix Mexico and payment of 199MXN is now reserved on my debit card and no problem using Netflix again.

Hopefully not going to be subjected to this dance every few weeks...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Mine renewed noblem this week

Advertisement