Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Logo

I was offered a one month Netflix free trial with Netflix and intend to use it. So far I've downloaded tunnelbear & set up an account with the location as Mexico. If I accept the free trial will my location be known or can I still get Netflix cheaper. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i just took the free month from the country I get netflix from

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Signed up through the Turkish NF and now have UHD and 4 profiles for about €7 a month.

Thanks to all on this thread for the heads up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,759 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Did you use Tunnelbear?
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Signed up through the Turkish NF and now have UHD and 4 profiles for about €7 a month.

Did you use Tunnelbear?

Nope, just Hola and my regular card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭cletus

Did you use Tunnelbear?

Tunnelbear specifically is not a requirement, rather you need to use a VPN. It just happens that tunnelbear is free and easy to use, but hola, along with a host of other free vpn's , will do an equally good job

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Thepoet85 wrote: »

Did you sign up using a new account, or upgrade your original Irish account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Mikenesson

What do Netflix charge at the beginning?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Mikenesson wrote: »
    What do Netflix charge at the beginning?

Look on Netflix website lol

The internet isn’t for everyone

The_B_Man wrote: »

You can do either but personally I would use a new account to make sure it goes smoothly

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Look on Netflix website lol

I know the advertised rates

I want to know when they take an initial payment if you get a free month

I know the advertised rates

I want to know when they take an initial payment if you get a free month

its all on the netflix website lol

Netflix is a monthly service that will automatically charge you every month on the date you signed up. If your billing date is scheduled for a date that does not occur in a given month, you'll be charged on the last day of that month instead. Your payment method will be charged at the beginning of your billing cycle, but it may take a few days for the charge to post to your account.

For information about the Netflix billing process, continue reading. For information about Netflix costs or accepted payment methods, or instructions for updating your payment method, changing your billing date, or reporting a duplicate charge

When you sign up for a free trial, Netflix verifies your payment information by submitting an authorization for roughly the same amount as the cost of the monthly Netflix membership. This process helps us ensure that the information provided is associated with a valid, open account that can be charged successfully in the future. The authorization is not a charge, and will drop off of your account.

its all on the netflix website lol

Netflix is a monthly service that will automatically charge you every month on the date you signed up. If your billing date is scheduled for a date that does not occur in a given month, you'll be charged on the last day of that month instead. Your payment method will be charged at the beginning of your billing cycle, but it may take a few days for the charge to post to your account.

For information about the Netflix billing process, continue reading. For information about Netflix costs or accepted payment methods, or instructions for updating your payment method, changing your billing date, or reporting a duplicate charge

When you sign up for a free trial, Netflix verifies your payment information by submitting an authorization for roughly the same amount as the cost of the monthly Netflix membership. This process helps us ensure that the information provided is associated with a valid, open account that can be charged successfully in the future. The authorization is not a charge, and will drop off of your account.

Maybe let someone else answer?

If you've got tourettes or something ,it's no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭irelandrover

What exactly do you want to know that isnt covered by the post above?

What exactly do you want to know that isnt covered by the post above?

Just looking for when and how much after signup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Just looking for when and how much after signup

How much: depends on the options you pick.
    When: Netflix is a monthly service that will automatically charge you every month on the date you signed up. If you have a free trial the first charge is a month after you sign up.

The_B_Man wrote:

A new account, have a free month now too.

Your question has been answered
    You want to be spoon fed basic information that is available on the website for anyone with common sense to read

Tourette’s is a very serious issue and thankfully I do not suffer from it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

This thread is huge, so no way am I looking through it all to see if this has already been posted, Posting it mainly because of updates and new offers.

The cheapest countries are Turkey, Mexico, Canada, Argentina & Brazil.

Check the current prices of each Country by clicking here or here and choosing Country.

Basic: Turkey €2.92 / TRY15.99 -- Mexico €4.70 / MXN109
    Standard: Turkey €5.10 / TRY27.99 -- Mexico €6.50 / MXN149
    Premium: Turkey €7.30 / TRY39.99 -- Mexico €8.60 / MXN199

Revolut and Monese are accepted (Get €5 starting credit with Monese using code HQNPP8ED)
    You can move your Netflix account. After it expires, you can cancel your account and move to a new Country and resubscribe. All of your history etc. is preserved.

If you want to use a free VPN, Hola works.

Stacksocial currently have a lifetime subscription to Getflix for $34.90 (€30).

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

I've been using Mexico without issue for 2 months now. Used TunnelBears free VPN plan to set it up. If there's a Turkish VPN people are using I would use it to switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Willbbz wrote: »
    I've been using Mexico without issue for 2 months now. Used TunnelBears free VPN plan to set it up. If there's a Turkish VPN people are using I would use it to switch.

Torguard works with Turkey. https://torguard.net/anonymoustorrentvpn.php
    You can use code LIFETIME50 to get 50% off price and all future bills.

E.G.
    $19.99 for 3 months becomes $10 which is roughly €2.70 per month.
    $29.99 for 6 months becomes $15 which is roughly €2.00 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

to clarify, whats the best procedure to move from mexico to turkey (assuming someone already has a VPN setup for each country). Do you cancel, let the month wear out, wait a few hours and then signin up to the new country using same login??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Thanks guys. Just signed up to Netflix Turky via Hola and not a bother. Happy out €2.67 +/-

What’s appealing about the Turkish sign up, looks like Mexico is the cheapest subscription option

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What’s appealing about the Turkish sign up, looks like Mexico is the cheapest subscription option

are you checking the excel doc?
    Turkey is the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Just a quick question, I'm sure it's been answered though - do I need to use the VPN everytime I watch something or just for the initial set up?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭odddavey

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Just a quick question, I'm sure it's been answered though - do I need to use the VPN everytime I watch something or just for the initial set up?

initial set up only

• Registered Users Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is the content pretty much the same as for UK/Irl?

Blazer wrote: »
    are you checking the excel doc?
    Turkey is the cheapest.

No I googled cheapest country in the world to have Netflix and Mexico was the cheapest, probably not much in it when I’m part of a group anyway
    I only have it as back up and hardly use it now because I’m using something better on the shield

• Advertisement

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is the content pretty much the same as for UK/Irl?

The content is uk/irl no matter where you join
    You watch the content of the country you are in, there are ways to access American Netflix which is better ( I use getflix) plenty of vpn options available for this

Advertisement