Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭furiousox

Renewed again today using Turkish gift cards.

Paid for two months which works out about 6.50 p/m for a 4k sub instead of the 21 quid you pay here.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Its handy that they take pro rata month from excess credit on gift cards. But I'm saying bye after their greed made me realise RD. Only reason to sign up now is when the family goes on hols and the download feature is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭bren2001

You can download with RD. Use the unchained app on android or start a stream and play it for one second. Log into you're real debrid and its there to download.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭feargantae

Cheers, that's handy to know! I keep paying the (Turkish) Netflix prices just for its ease of use when travelling. The "smart" downloads feature is great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,994 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Been in Turkey for a number of years using gift cards. Still troubles free.

They have started password sharing crackdown about 2 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭in2dark

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭furiousox

Turgame

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

My Ukrainian sub with curve card still seems to be going strong thankfully. Not as cheap as the Turkish one but can't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Chippy1234

Other devices on my Turkish account are now saying they are not at the "family address"
    Is there a solution or is that the end of my luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ArrBee

So, I am seeing a bit of love for stremio in this thread and I'm not at all familiar with it.
    I just took a look and it seems to be an open frontend that allows plugins to give access to different "catalogs" of content. Is that about right?
    So Real Debrid would be an add-on that (maybe) has a subscription and provides access to a bunch of streams….
    Correct so far?

If that is correct, how does it compare to something similar in Kodi? Is it identical but with a different interface? does one perform better or have different features?

• Advertisement

It's like Kodi but a very nice interface. RD sub streams from their download so it's reliable and anonymous as you're not doing the downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ArrBee

If you have a RD sub, can you configure it on both Kodi and Stremio, or is it tied to a frrontend client?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Its been 3 months now since my Turkey sub was nuked twice in a month.

Now im getting emails from Netflix saying please come back.

Netflix, stop grovelling, you are too high maintenance. Ive met someone else now. PFO.

You can configure RD in as many places as you want. Kodi. Stremio. CinemaHD etc.

The only important thing is that you cannot use RD on multiple devices that are in different locations otherwise you'll swiftly be banned. All devices actively using it must be on the same wifi network. That's the only restriction. You can use it in work, at home, in timbuktu on as many devices as you want once they're all in the same location at the point in which you're streaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭_John C

Pirating 🏴‍☠️

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sn@kebite

It's Sailing the High-Seas me harty!

Using different regions of netflix outside your region is also a grey market thing me harties!

Legit would be buy premium netflix for €21.99pm and share with 4 people in ireland. €5.50pm is not that bad. You could prolly put 5 or 6 people on it as it's rare all those people would be viewing together. I know they're meant to be living with you but people work away for long times, travel to see friends/family, hot to hospitals, hotels etc for different reason so them living with you all the time is BS. Netflix also gives option to add viewers for 2.50pm or something.

Same goes for disny, spotify, tidal etc. Buy a family sub and share.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

NF will only let you share with three not four people, for €33 pcm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭wassie

Im my understanding, there is no grey area when it comes to the legalities (happy to be corrected also!)

1. Using different regions of Netflix outside your own, password sharing etc is not illegal. It violates Netflix's T&C, but ultimately you are streaming through a legitimate source, Netflix. Also you are making some payment directly to Netflix.
    2. Watching streams or downloads using services like Real Debrid (which is just a multi-hoster online service) is itself not illegal, unless that media is subject to copyright AND is obtained from an unauthorized source. Violation of copyright is illegal, no matter how you dress it up.

Personally I don't do (2) myself for two main reasons. The first is privacy concerns. Real Debrid does store IP addresses and you are providing payments details (using crypto & VPN may help reduce this risk, but you are never truly anonymous). Is this a concern for being subjected to enforcement action? Probably not (unlike torrenting) if reports on the interwebs are anything to go by. But it remains a risk none the less and thats a choice for each individual.

The second, and bigger issue for me, is that if someone is paying to watch illegal streams/downloads, then those payments are very likely funding serious criminal organisations and activity, which in turn may be funding serious crimes (think human trafficking, extortion, etc). I would hate to think I am directly contributing to this. Again each to their own.

But when it comes to ethics/morals, then I would say the lines between the 2 are blurred somewhat. Essentially both activities above could be considered wrong.

I could start finger waving and claim the moral high ground here by saying "I dont support organised crime". But at the same time, I am more than willing be subversive (using geo-pricing) in effectively cheating a legitimate corporation out of revenue generated by the services it supplies for my own financial benefit. Is that right? Im not so sure.

Either way, we are all here to help navigate each with our own cost of living crisis…..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

You can add four other profiles to your account, so five in total. You just can't watch five streams at the one time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

Correct but I understood you were talking about sharing.
    NF will only allow the OP and two remote family members, the number of profiles doesnt come into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

household rules means you cant share it with others ! I have a Indian connection which works for 2 of us but not all 4…

The second, and bigger issue for me, is that if someone is paying to watch illegal streams/downloads, then those payments are very likely funding serious criminal organisations and activity, which in turn may be funding serious crimes (think human trafficking, extortion, etc). I would hate to think I am directly contributing to this. Again each to their own.

There is absolutely nothing illegal about RD. All RD does is provide download torrents on the users behalf and then provides a download link for the user. They have no knowledge of what the torrent is and are a common carrier. There are many legitimate reasons for using a service like RD and it wasn't setup for streaming TV shows. By using RD, you're not funding a criminal organization anymore than paying for Nike shoes or Sky TV. RD is a legitimate business.

This is very simply a case of not understanding what RD is.

Your first point on privacy is fair enough. Tiny risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Zardoz

It sounds very much like Usenet was back in the day and it unfairly got hammered for copyright issues.

I wont be paying for a service like that to watch copyrighted material torrents though.

Its the same thing as saying "torrents" are illegal. They're not. There are many legal use cases for torrents. Sharing copyright material isn't one of them but I assume is the most popular.

I wont be paying for a service like that to watch copyrighted material torrents though.

Of course, each to their own and entirely your decision. I happily pay for RD and IPTV as it saves me a shedload of cash. I have no issue with the morality of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

The first rule of fight club is…..

Here here. And as sky and blockbuster proved in early 00s, greed forces ppl to take certain measures. History is merely repeating itself. NF has made me realise I don't watch it that much, well done on that own goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭fitzparker

If the above method is too techy for people, if it is any use to anyone you can get netflix for €12 with Sky instead of €22

it just gets added to your sky bill

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm probably late to the game here but with the summer holidays coming up my son is looking for Netflix, I cut the cord years ago so have an account, tried the VPN earlier but it's asking for 2fa via text, anyway around this or a country to use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

You get the welcome back screen post login? you choose the plan and then for method of payment the third option of vouchers - shouldn't require any authentication. Best limit to 200-300 TL (a month or so) initially from G2A or Turgame, applying vouchers through the VPN but regular use without.

Advertisement