Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

lawred2 wrote: »
    Is the content pretty much the same as for UK/Irl?

You get the content for the country in which you are based, not the one you sign up to.

This is universally true for pretty much any media streaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭odddavey

Express vpn - free 7 day trial. Includes Turkey and Argentina
    No CC set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,349 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You get the content for the country in which you are based, not the one you sign up to.

This is universally true for pretty much any media streaming service.

Oh right.. I'll do this when current month expires then. Already have lifetime sub with getflix. Turkey here I come.

How much is the 4k Turkey plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Tunnelbear is what most people use to sign up, full guide has been posted a few posts back

The internet isn’t for everyone

Oh right.. I'll do this when current month expires then. Already have lifetime sub with getflix. Turkey here I come.

If you have getflix sub then you can switch on and off the USA option via the dashboard or phone app, USA version is better but a few things aren’t on there

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    If you have getflix sub then you can switch on and off the USA option via the dashboard or phone app, USA version is better but a few things aren’t on there

I'm happy enough with the content as is but no harm getting it cheaper

Tunnel bear doesn't have Turkey. Argentina the cheapest at 7.03 for premium
    Turkey at 7.28

I'm happy enough with the content as is but no harm getting it cheaper

I thought the same and then I spent a few evenings on the American version and they have a much bigger library to choose from
    The Mexican sub is €15 for 6 months for me shared with 3 others so that’s €120 a year, not sure on the Turkish sub

odddavey wrote: »
    Tunnel bear doesn't have Turkey. Argentina the cheapest at 7.03 for premium
    Turkey at 7.28

Couldn't find Argentina either on tunnelbear. Only Mexico. Premium is 829 based on today's rates.

How do I get Argentina with tunnelbear?

I do have vpn to Argentina with getflix so I might just use that.

Couldn't find Argentina either on tunnelbear. Only Mexico. Premium is 829 based on today's rates.

How do I get Argentina with tunnelbear?

I do have vpn to Argentina with getflix so I might just use that.

You can't. not an option. Use getflix. And if not available on there use express vpn and get the free trial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭corks finest

TheDriver wrote: »
    to clarify, whats the best procedure to move from mexico to turkey (assuming someone already has a VPN setup for each country). Do you cancel, let the month wear out, wait a few hours and then signin up to the new country using same login??
    same question I have

same question I have

Let the month run out and renew in the new country, hoping you don’t set off Netflix alarm bells on the way lol
    Should be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

TheDriver wrote: »
    to clarify, whats the best procedure to move from mexico to turkey (assuming someone already has a VPN setup for each country). Do you cancel, let the month wear out, wait a few hours and then signin up to the new country using same login??

Let the month run out.
    Then cancel sub, and resubscribe in Turkey. Last time I did it was March and I think I only waited a half an hour as I was doing stuff, but if you wanted you could let it expire at midnight and wait until after work the next day etc.

EDIT - Just see it is answered above already.

Also, in the Spreadsheet you can sort by the cheapest, Turkey is currently cheapest, Google results are probably a bit older.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭quinnthebin

Turkey 4k has fluctuated between 7.50 and 8.20 euro after exchange (revolut) over the last 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Let the month run out and renew in the new country, hoping you don’t set off Netflix alarm bells on the way lol
    Should be fine

So if I have an Irish Netflix standard account then I need to cancel and after the month I then sign up to Argentinian premium? Or can I just upgrade whenever without cancelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The_B_Man wrote: »
    So if I have an Irish Netflix standard account then I need to cancel and after the month I then sign up to Argentinian premium? Or can I just upgrade whenever without cancelling?

You can't 'move' without cancelling. But you could sign up for a new account without your watched history etc.
    Let it run out, then cancel from following month, and then sign up from new Country.

The_B_Man wrote: »

You have to cancel first like it says

Turkey 4k has fluctuated between 7.50 and 8.20 euro after exchange (revolut) over the last 3 months.

That's decent really. I'm paying more than that for the Ireland middle plan currently.

That's decent really. I'm paying more than that for the Ireland middle plan currently.
    Why not go for the Argentinean 4k? 7.03€

odddavey wrote: »
    Why not go for the Argentinean 4k? 7.03€

I thought getflix had Argentina vpn but haven't found it. Turkey they do have though.

• Advertisement

I thought getflix had Argentina vpn but haven't found it. Turkey they do have though.

Express vpn is your man. Sign up for the trial. You can use any email address. No verification of email. I wonder can you uninstall after the 7 days and do the trial again with a makey up email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Hola is free and works.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I used Hola aswell to sign up to the Mexican site, no bother

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I used Hola aswell to sign up to the Mexican site, no bother

Worked for me

Just got charged 836 for premium

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

anyone workaround to pay for netflix with phone credit?

Watched an episode Planet Earth II in UHD last night...

Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Gonna chance this with Hola later this evening, I've stood idly by getting ripped off for a 7.99 basic package for too long :)

What type of speeds are people achieving the 4k streams on? Have a 4k TV and would love the 4k goodness but my interweb is only around 12 mbps since I moved out to the sticks so Standard account might do me just aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

anyone workaround to pay for netflix with phone credit?

No.

skerry wrote: »
    Gonna chance this with Hola later this evening, I've stood idly by getting ripped off for a 7.99 basic package for too long :)

What type of speeds are people achieving the 4k streams on? Have a 4k TV and would love the 4k goodness but my interweb is only around 12 mbps since I moved out to the sticks so Standard account might do me just aswell.

Ours is 82Mb

Think you need 25Mb or so for UHD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭skerry

Ours is 82Mb

Think you need 25Mb or so for UHD

Probably be wasted on my puny broadband so and don't think I need 4 screens. Standard account it is so I think

Advertisement