Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

NATLOR wrote: »
    Had the Nord trial used it to get Deezer premium for under €2 a month through the Turkish site (same method as posted for Netflix) but Netflix won't work in Turkey keeps reverting to .com and US prices

Yeah, unfortunately NordVPN seem to have been one of the VPNs in Netflix's line of sight. They have workarounds when their servers are detected, and they are usually quick enough to change them also.
    https://support.nordvpn.com/#/General-info/SmartPlay/1047407532/How-to-securely-watch-Netflix-with-NordVPN.htm

This is an outright paid advert for Express VPN, but a semi decent insight into how Netflix operate.
    https://pixelprivacy.com/vpn/streaming/netflix/nordvpn/

ExpressVPN are very good (Virgin Islands) if not the best (not in 5 or 9 eyes etc.) - definitely in top 5, repeatedly.
    But I find NordVPN very good for the price, they can compete against the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭davedub2015

Hey wondering if someone can help me? Been at this week and cant get it.. signed up to vpn express changed to usa and argentina and prices still came on on netlfix app on lgtv.. not sure how to work it on tv amy suggestions please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Hey wondering if someone can help me? Been at this week and cant get it.. signed up to vpn express changed to usa and argentina and prices still came on on netlfix app on lgtv.. not sure how to work it on tv amy suggestions please

You would be better off signing up on a computer, tablet or phones
    There are region settings and WiFi settings on the tv that will show your location
    You will also need to restart the app totally before signing in with the new account
    There is a step by step guide in the thread a few pages back

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Ive been using Netflix Mexico for over 6 months now and today was the dearest month for me, I pay via revolut and the first few months were all in or around 8.55 - 8.65, last month was the cheapest if i recall correctly @ 8.19, but todays payment jumped to 8.99, still a nice saving on Irish prices thou :)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭odddavey

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Ive been using Netflix Mexico for over 6 months now and today was the dearest month for me, I pay via revolut and the first few months were all in or around 8.55 - 8.65, last month was the cheapest if i recall correctly @ 8.19, but todays payment jumped to 8.99, still a nice saving on Irish prices thou :)
    Change to Argentina if your on the premium. Cheaper than Mexico.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭Brian017

Turkey is 4.97 for the 2 screen + HD plan and 7.10 for the 4 screen + UHD plan

Whats the easiest way to cancel one premium and start up another?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭corks finest

Brian017 wrote: »

Turkey is 4.97 for the 2 screen + HD plan and 7.10 for the 4 screen + UHD plan
    I've Mexico also e6.70 last week

Whats the easiest way to cancel one premium and start up another?

If you want to keep the same e-mail, wish and watch lists etc. you have to cancel your membership and wait until the current billing period expires and then use Hola to log into your new country

I've Mexico also e6.70 last week

For the full package?

• Advertisement

If you want to keep the same e-mail, wish and watch lists etc. you have to cancel your membership and wait until the current billing period expires and then use Hola to log into your new country

Seen as I only paid today, I’ll wait till just before the 13th August so, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

Cancelled my Irish subscription and just rejoined with the same account from Argentina for around 7 euro per month for the premium service. All my watch lists etc. remain the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

boris1234 wrote: »
    Cancelled my Irish subscription and just rejoined with the same account from Argentina for around 7 euro per month for the premium service. All my watch lists etc. remain the same.

Did you have to wait for your Irish account to lapse before signing up again?

degsie wrote: »

Of course you do

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭boris1234

degsie wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Do you use the same credit card on ur Mexican/Turkish account, or would that raise red flags?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Do you use the same credit card on ur Mexican/Turkish account, or would that raise red flags?

Try and use Revolut if you can, exchange rate will be better and it all helps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

hi
    does anyone on here use getflix as your vpn? i got an account with them last month and cancelled my netflix subscription so i can go through the turkish netflix.
    i changed the DNS server address to the turkish one but i'm still getting the irish site when i type it in. i've never used a vpn before, any directions please?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

bungaro79 wrote: »
    hi
    does anyone on here use getflix as your vpn? i got an account with them last month and cancelled my netflix subscription so i can go through the turkish netflix.
    i changed the DNS server address to the turkish one but i'm still getting the irish site when i type it in. i've never used a vpn before, any directions please?!

Use Chrome incognito mode.

Use Chrome incognito mode.

i tried it there again and it keeps bringing me back to netflix ireland :mad:

• Advertisement

bungaro79 wrote: »
    hi

Changing the DNS to their Turkey based DNS doesn't actually give you access to Turkish Netfllx. You have too change your Netflix region in your Getflix account (and only US and your local one have been available for the past year or so)

If you just want Turkey for the cheaper subs, use Hola or whatever during the signing up process and you're fine after that.

Changing the DNS to their Turkey based DNS doesn't actually give you access to Turkish Netfllx. You have too change your Netflix region in your Getflix account (and only US and your local one have been available for the past year or so)

If you just want Turkey for the cheaper subs, use Hola or whatever during the signing up process and you're fine after that.

brilliant, thanks brian, going to try and set that up now

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭R11

Anyone recommend a DNS for LG smart tv? To access us Netflix? I had free trial of smartdnsproxy, worked ok for a few days then picture quality went bad, pixelated, basically unwatchable.

R11 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a DNS for LG smart tv? To access us Netflix? I had free trial of smartdnsproxy, worked ok for a few days then picture quality went bad, pixelated, basically unwatchable.

Getflix

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Getflix

Thanks. And does this work perfectly for US Netflix? No pixelation?

Thanks. And does this work perfectly for US Netflix? No pixelation?

I use it all the time and its perfect, watching it now in 4k
    Works for uk players too

They do a free trial and someone posted a link in bargain alerts for half price subscription

Cheers, I've signed up for free trial. I'll set it up tomorrow. But can't find lifetime subscription option, maximum sub is 24 months..... It's $47.52 for the 2 years with promo code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

what code is that for Getflix?

Cheers, I've signed up for free trial. I'll set it up tomorrow. But can't find lifetime subscription option, maximum sub is 24 months..... It's $47.52 for the 2 years with promo code.

That’s not a bad price

• Advertisement

bidiots wrote: »
    what code is that for Getflix?

It’s in bargain alerts posted by Johnnydogs the other day

Advertisement