Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Me either. however I feel like when the game is up Netflix will shift our billing to our "home" country somehow.

I never spoke with technical support in Netflix about anything, I paid for NordVpn and when it didn’t work I spoke to their technical support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ive gone back a few pages and dont see the answer to this question so sorry if its been asked before.

I have a paid VPN, I have revolut. Im happy enough with the payment process, however once Ive paid for turkish netflix, when I login at home what netflix am I gonna see, I told the kids about it and theyre terrifed they wont see their programs. Me, not so much.

Bad experience with the cheap turkish deezer thing.

You experience whatever content is in the country you are connected to.

So in this case - Ireland.

If you travel to mexico or brazil, then you see the content there.

There is no need for VPN once you set this up.(Unless you want to)

OmegaGene wrote: »
    So you broke the interweby thing

I spoke with technical support in NordVpn as a poster said they didn't think Netflix worked with NordVpn. The poster was right, the response I posted was what NordVpn said to me.

I didn't contact Netflix or ask their technical support anything.

Why did you use nord vpn ?
    Hola works so use that

I tried Hola and it didn't work for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Why did you use nord vpn ?
    Hola works so use that

Hola's telling me I need to pay for the premium version to access Netflix. Did you pay for it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

NO!

You don't use a VPN to access Netflix. Just for setting up the account.

YES!

To set up the account, you need to access Netflix.

Anyway, I used Windscribe and it seems to have worked a treat. Turkey wasn't available so I signed up through Romania for €3.50/month. Nice!

Romania is now cheaper than Turkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

It was technical support in NordVpn, not technical support in Netflix.

Sorry, it just read like it was Netflix you got on to.

I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

just got my Netflix working,:)
    all working, first attempt.

used windscribe pro, (has 2 turkey locations)
    (bought this on a 5 year deal previously from Stacksocial.com for $24

got my Revolut card all set up,
    transferred 6 months turkish lire via my banking app with no charges,
    takes a couple of days to reach card account.
    check revolut settings , allow online purchases,

Ps Physical card arrived in the post today,
    (very neat packaging, you will see if you get one)

again , Thanks

• Advertisement

Well done!

Quick question: I signed up through Romania but the price Netflix gave me is in euros and not the local currency. Is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Standman wrote: »
    Quick question: I signed up through Romania but the price Netflix gave me is in euros and not the local currency. Is that normal?
    No.

Interesting.

Looking at the invoice, it's being paid to "Netflix International B.V.‬", a subsidiary of theirs based in the Netherlands.That might be why I'm paying in euros.

Oh good god, I've just realised it's €3.50 per week, not per month. Noob mistake. Back to the drawing board.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Interesting.

Looking at the invoice, it's being paid to "Netflix International B.V.‬", a subsidiary of theirs based in the Netherlands.That might be why I'm paying in euros.

Oh good god, I've just realised it's €3.50 per week, not per month. Noob mistake. Back to the drawing board.

Now that would have been a bargain.

Now that would have been a bargain.

Yeah, too good to be true. Raging, now I've wasted a Revolut card on that. I'll cancel obviously, but presumably I can't used the same card again for a different account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Yeah, too good to be true. Raging, now I've wasted a Revolut card on that. I'll cancel obviously, but presumably I can't used the same card again for a different account.

you can still use it just wait till it expires, you just need to change the plan to monthly. Use Turkey or Argentina as i believe it's around 7 euro a month for the 4 screens UHD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Still worth changing money (on Revolut) to Turkish Lira for 6 or 12 months subscription cost? Is there much fluctuation in the currency now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

You managed to do what plenty of simpletons have tried and failed to do

OmegaGene, you are off my Christmas card list ....... :pac:

Wheety wrote: »
    Still worth changing money (on Revolut) to Turkish Lira for 6 or 12 months subscription cost? Is there much fluctuation in the currency now?

The lira had been gaining steadily for a coyote of months before a bit of a crash again last week.

However, this is what's important here, we're talking about a difference of less than a euro odd a month here in the 40 lira a month price. If you're really bothered by that, Netflix likely to be the least of your worries.

Just do whatever is easiest/most comfortable for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

The lira had been gaining steadily for a coyote of months before a bit of a crash again last week.

However, this is what's important here, we're talking about a difference of less than a euro odd a month here in the 40 lira a month price. If you're really bothered by that, Netflix likely to be the least of your worries.

Just do whatever is easiest/most comfortable for you.

Yeah that's why I didn't do it on initial set up with Turkey. Wanted to see it working first. But even when the lira did gain it wasn't much difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Quick q on using Revolut:

I signed up recently in Mexico. I then got a virtual revolut card and lodged €120. I proceeded to use this as payment method on Netflix. Initially I was charged a currency exchange fee but this was reversed shortly after.

Am I missing a step? Do I need to convert my euro balance to Mexican currency on revolut before the payments are made? I didn’t see an option to do this on the app as Mexican currency wasn’t listed anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,348 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Any reason you went with Mexico out if interest ? Turkey is the cheapest option now

Maybe he is a big Narcos fan :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

You can let Revolut do all the work for you and it will all be fine
    The conversion fee may have been a Netflix test
    If a currency is low then there is an option to buy it using Revolut, like Turkish lira is low now and is expected to rise

Any reason you went with Mexico out if interest ? Turkey is the cheapest option now

No reason other than I had a few issues with my VPN. It is still pretty cheap!

My free first month is over and I've got my first bill... €6.50 for the premium plan... happy days! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

My free first month is over and I've got my first bill... €6.50 for the premium plan... happy days! :)

Was with turkey? My free month is up and I’m about to cancel and go foreign

Was with turkey? My free month is up and I’m about to cancel and go foreign

Yeah with Turkey.
    39.99 Turkish Lira per month for the premium plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Content wise, is it the same movies in Netflix turkey/Mexico vs states?

Content wise, is it the same movies in Netflix turkey/Mexico vs states?

You get the content based on where you access Netflix from. Assuming you're in Ireland, you get Irish Netflix. Assuming you have the sense to turn off after the VPN after sign up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

New to this party, using Hola all goes fine until I get to the set up payment screen then it keeps returning a problem with my credit card, do you think this might be giving the game away?

I've been trying to use my 'normal' card but am in the process of setting up a revo account now.

Advertisement