Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Set up Revolut and use that, no point paying your credit card company the exchange rate

I'm having trouble even with revolut. Wrecking my head. Using Pia vpn

Check Revolut settings to see if your online transactions are enabled and the others are all okay

Should be all good. I use it all the time.
    It's not even giving me an error. Just giving me
    'sorry something went wrong, try again later'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Did you clear your cache and cookies? Can cause trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

Im trying to use hola as a turkish vpn but anytime I pick turkey from the list of countries and then go to netflix it says I have to upgrade to hola plus to get streaming.
    tried all the usual, clearning browser cache and cookies. is there a step by step method for getting on using free version of hola.

that was with the hola chrome plugin.

tried a couple of other vpns that had trials but none of them allowed turkey on their trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Im trying to use hola as a turkish vpn but anytime I pick turkey from the list of countries and then go to netflix it says I have to upgrade to hola plus to get streaming.
    tried all the usual, clearning browser cache and cookies. is there a step by step method for getting on using free version of hola.

that was with the hola chrome plugin.

tried a couple of other vpns that had trials but none of them allowed turkey on their trials.

You don't need to stream, you just need to sign up and leave your payment details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

You don't need to stream, you just need to sign up and leave your payment details.

you’re right however it isn’t loading the page for them. It just says to use upgrade

I can replicate here also.

You need the pro and then cancel it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

To save trawling the thread, I've a month left signed up via Mexico, to switch to Turkey do I need to cancel first on a Mexican VPN, then just sign back up via a Turkish VPN or is there any other steps that need to be done? Might be worth adding said steps to the FAQ on the frontpage too

5500 wrote: »
    To save trawling the thread, I've a month left signed up via Mexico, to switch to Turkey do I need to cancel first on a Mexican VPN, then just sign back up via a Turkish VPN or is there any other steps that need to be done?

That’s it. Just wait until your sub ends in mexico

God this is frustrating. Tried a few vpns, bank card, revolut,
    Tried turkey and Mexico. Just the try again later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Just tested using free hola on my phone in Chrome incognito mode.

Works perfectly, without so much as a hitch.

• Advertisement

Yeah it works for most people

Given up 😂😂.
    Tried on phone/mac, with pia/hola/nord.

Cleared cache, incognito

Will try again tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Hi

When i download the Hola App on my phone and try and open it i am prompted to select a plan ,it says i will get 3 days free and only charged after the 3rd day . do i have to cancel within the 3 days

Why would you want it after 3 days? Just cancel it as soon as you're finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

flexcon wrote: »
    you’re right however it isn’t loading the page for them. It just says to use upgrade

I can replicate here also.

You need the pro and then cancel it

this is correct, I cant navigate through netflix without subscribing to hola plus.

maybe update the first thread to specify this, took me way longer than it should have trying to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

I just wasn't sure if I needed to subscribe to it , so I will just sign up proceed to sign up to Netflix and then cancel hola .
    Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

looking for a family space if one comes up, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

anyone know a way of making this trick work for Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

blue-army wrote: »

There is a Spotify family thread. 30 euro a year per person

blue-army wrote: »

already tried. It doesn't work. Been tried numerous ways

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

flexcon wrote: »
    already tried. It doesn't work. Been tried numerous ways

Family groups? Theres a big thread on it.

• Advertisement

adox wrote: »
    Family groups? Theres a big thread on it.

Should have been clearer.

I am well aware the family groups works.

It doesn't work when combing it with say, Turkish Billing like this thread is suggesting with Netflix. Otherwise I think it would work out at like 90c per month. Pretty insane.

For whatever reason, the turkish billing doesn't work once outside Turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭camz09

Guys, can you help me out?

So I did the instructions from the OP. Downloaded Hola VPN, signed up to Netflix for £7.99 ... used my Revolut card and got the £0 card check and reverted. Free for a month so not cancelling till 13th January. All was working well..signed in and Netflixed myself. Also got rid of Hola as I understand I didn't need it anymore.

Now I just checked my account and it's telling me to restart my membership (meaning they cancelled my subscription as I didn't do anything and was still using it fine last night) Anyone know how did this happen??? Thanks for any help!

why did you pay in £ ?

Because it's Netflix UK ? As per the OP's instruction

The OP is over a year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

camz09 wrote: »
    why did you pay in  £ ?

Because it's Netflix UK ? As per the OP's instruction
    It's much cheaper if you buy in a country like Turkey.

Read the thread properly

Sorry do I have to read the whole 125 pages? Thought the OP is edited and updated regularly thus I followed what's written currently.

Is there any step I missed or did wrong? Thanks for anyone willing to help/advice.

It can't be edited. Read a few pages back. It's generally the best way to find information on any forum on the internet.

RossieMan wrote: »
    It can't be edited. Read a few pages back. It's generally the best way to find information on any forum on the internet.

Ok. Will do thanks. It's just that I thought everything was fine as I followed the original instruction and it worked. It's the abrupt cancellation without my knowledge that's confused me and thought some might have had the same experience. I'll check the recent posts then if any of them applied to my case.

There is an faq in post one with all the info that you’re missing

Of course I read the FAQ, followed all the info. That's how I managed to sign up and access the cheaper Netflix account last week up until last night. I just don't understand how the account got cancelled abruptly without my knowledge..no email, nothing..Just suddenly asked me to rejoin when I signed in today when the account isn't expiring until the 13th of January.

Maybe the jig was up, that's why 🀔 Oh well, will try the Turkey/Mexico route next time and see (or join a family if that's still going on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Having the same issues as some others trying to sign up from Turkey.

Getting "There appears to be a problem with the payment method" or "Something went wrong" once I enter my card details.

I've cleared history/cache, used different browsers, tried on android and Win 10, private/incognito mode, Hola premium and another VPN that supports Turkey, different Revolut cards with correct security settings, two different email addresses... No luck!

I've lost count of how many times I've tried. At this stage I'm wondering if my email addresses/payment cards have been flagged or something.

Advertisement