Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Got it done. Came across this Reddit comment, so went back and used my original Netflix account with the non-Revolut bank card.

I did try to change it to Revolut first, but I got the same error, signifying this issue seems to be somehow related to the Revolut card.

Hopefully I can change the card to Revolut eventually. Anyway, happy to get it sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

There appears to be a problem with the payment method"

I have got this many times trying to sign up for a 3rd account for lads in work as none of them could do it.
    I've used 3 different email addresses but last one wouldn't work no matter how many times I tried with a Revolut card the same as one I had used already when trying for Turkey via Hola VPN.
    Gave up on Turkey and went back to Mexico and eventually got it working by getting a new virtual Revolut card.

The first 2 were set up with a Revolut Mastercard, the last one was Visa, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭superneat

For anyone trying to get set up now, I had no luck trying to set up a new account with my bank card on the Mexico or Turkey site, got the "seems to be an issue" error. Sorted now though.
    Steps taken: Signed up to https://browsec.com/en/ for 1 month premium @ $3.71 / €3.40
    Changed location to Turkey
    Did what sandman posted above and logged in to my old expired netflix account, renewed membership in Turkish Lira.
    Paid €6.68 happy enough with that.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    But the idea is to use your expired account not set up a new one that will raise a flag
    I didn't realize that, I wanted to use a different email address for the new account but I just changed it in the settings anyway. Could have saved myself a half an hour :D

Oh you mean the two parts I obviously didn't read 😂
    Note to self.. always read the instructions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Thanks for posting this, my Irish Netflix account expired yesterday. I downloaded the HolaVPN app this morning, went to the Netflix Turkish site, logged back in with my original account details, signed up to the premium package.

One small issue was my revolut card took 3 attempts before the payment went through but it still worked, €6.64 was what I was charged.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

i understand people are having problems with Revolut. It does work though.

But make sure any emails you receive concerning failed payments are genuine. It's one of the scam emails going around. Never click on a link in an email. Unless you're expecting it, like a password reset etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Took me a couple of hours on this.

What worked.

Sign up to windscribe. I built my own profile selecting Turkey for 1 dollar.
    Use windscribe app on my phone using 3 network and NOT using WIFI
    Downloaded new internet browser (Firefox)
    Create new profile with firefox and use revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

Will this work if you have signed up with Revolut on your original account. Will I have to change payment details?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭StoptheClocks

Shouldn’t have to but if you’re worried about it then request another virtual card from Revolut for free

My subscription expires in the middle of the month. If it doesn't work I can use the mrs revolut card and get free netflixs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

I had payment problems on multiple sites incl. Netflix with my previous Revolut card, had to get a new one, which has been working ok so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Just got a notification from Revolut that my virtual card will expire the end of the month.

Do I just request a new virtual card and change my card details on my Netflix account and keep doing that everytime the virtual card expires or am I missing a trick?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How long have you had the virtual card ?
    Mine doesn’t expire until 2023

Yeah, mines good till 2022. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

Mine expires this year too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

I wonder is it because you don’t have physical cards ?
    Not really an issue just get another virtual one and update the payment details

I have a physical one and that expires in 2022. It’s not a problem though, maybe they just issue yearly virtual cards now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

My first virtual card was only valid for a year, new one 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Glen_Quagmire

Think I only got 2 months on the virtual card cause I only signed up to Netflix recently. I have a Revolut account years though so maybe it's an old virtual card I have used.

I will just create a new one and hopefully it's for a few years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

Think I only got 2 months on the virtual card cause I only signed up to Netflix recently. I have a Revolut account years though so maybe it's an old virtual card I have used.

I will just create a new one and hopefully it's for a few years

I've just created a new one and it isn't expired until 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Can't seem to get it to work with the revolut card, keep getting something went wrong with payment.
    using hola on Turkey vpn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Can't seem to get it to work with the revolut card, keep getting something went wrong with payment.
    using hola on Turkey vpn

Try Speedify vpn. Available for Windows, Mac, android and iOS.

• Advertisement

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Try Speedify vpn. Available for Windows, Mac, android and iOS.

Doesn't seem to be the vpn as I'm able to get on the turkey netflix on my phone it seems to be the payment method side of things. It won't accept my revolut

Keep trying it’s happened to people before, also check Revolut app they sometimes block strange transactions
    I was trying to buy something on eBay and Revolut froze my card for an unusual transaction and it was very frustrating to say the least because I didn’t get any notification

Do I have to exchange the money into lira for it to work?

It’s an option, you can buy a years worth of lira in case the rate changes or you can just leave it as euro and let Revolut do the work

Yeah I've tried both ways but no luck, just not liking my payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

superneat wrote: »
    For anyone trying to get set up now, I had no luck trying to set up a new account with my bank card on the Mexico or Turkey site, got the "seems to be an issue" error. Sorted now though.
    Steps taken: Signed up to https://browsec.com/en/ for 1 month premium @ $3.71 / €3.40
    Changed location to Turkey
    Did what sandman posted above and logged in to my old expired netflix account, renewed membership in Turkish Lira.
    Paid €6.68 happy enough with that.

I tried Browsec with Firefox and Chrome and keep getting the payment error with a Revolut card and my AIB visa debit card.

I attempted it with Hola on my phone using Chrome and same result using both cards again.

I tried it through an MXQ box using Hola and same error.

Switched to Incognito mode, cleared cookies, history and anything else that i read back through the pages.

IP address lookup had me in Turkey, switched to Argentina on another VPN and got the payment error again.

I was at this for ages trying to get it work, tried the payment loads of times!

I had been trying this as a new user, never had Netflix before and the one that work for me was Mexico using the Revolut card.

Mexico Netflix had the debit card payment option which obviously made the difference for me in this case but wasn't an issue for many others for Turkey using Revolut.

What I gather from previous posts is the steps to take are, sign up to Netflix Ireland first with whatever card you have, let it expire by cancelling within the free month, then log back in afterwards and renew the original account from whichever country you wish to use for the cheaper account.
    You then continue to pay in that countries currency and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

superneat wrote: »
    What I gather from previous posts is the steps to take are, sign up to Netflix Ireland first with whatever card you have, let it expire by cancelling within the free month, then log back in afterwards and renew the original account from whichever country you wish to use for the cheaper account.
    You then continue to pay in that countries currency and price.

No need to sign up in Ireland first at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I had the problem of an expiring revolut card during my turkey subscription - it wouldn't take my new card when I tried just logging in from Ireland and updating payment. And I think that then put a red flag on the card - I should have logged in from Turkey.

Solution worked for me today:

1) Login to Turkey netflix using Hola using iphone free trial period (cancel when done)
    2) Request a new virtual card in revolut
    3) Update payment details using the virtual card in Turkey netflix

Also, make sure to enable 'online transactions' under the card security in the Revolut app. I needed to enable this for Paypal to work when updating there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭bromley52

For anyone sharing accounts outside of family members there may be some bad news. See here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

bromley52 wrote: »
    For anyone sharing accounts outside of family members there may be some bad news. See here.
    There is literally nothing attributable to Netflix in that abomination of an "article".

The usual clickbait ****e from anything connected to Maximum Media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

bromley52 wrote: »

I wouldn't give much creedance to that article tbh.

It seems like if you share with family you might be OK, but sharing with friends or a wider community could see your account being shut down.

Unless Netflix are gonna start doing DNA tests , i don't see how they're gonna determine genuine cases of family members v random sharing.

Advertisement