Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I wouldn't give much creedance to that article tbh.

Unless Netflix are gonna start doing DNA tests , i don't see how they're gonna determine genuine cases of family members v random sharing.
    OmegaGene wrote: »
    What a load of nonsense

Sounds like 2 who are availing of the loophole. :D

Using Netflixs from different IPs at the same time, block the secondary account that's using a different IP. Simples!

Now mobile Netflix, that's a different story, and probably easier to keep abusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I wouldn't give much creedance to that article tbh.

Unless Netflix are gonna start doing DNA tests , i don't see how they're gonna determine genuine cases of family members v random sharing.
    What a load of nonsense

Using Netflixs from different IPs at the same time, block the secondary account that's using a different IP. Simples!

Now mobile Netflix, that's a different story, and probably easier to keep abusing.

Whether you avail of the loophole or not has nothing to do with it.

The article and the post linking to it is complete and utter bollocks. The company mentioned in the article and it's revolutionary new software has nothing to do with Netflix whatsoever.

Ffs, my IPTV provider working out of a hut in rural Albania can detect if I'm trying to use multiple IPs and cut me off importantly. If Netflix eventually bother to close the loophole, it'll not be anything to do with technology uncovered in a scoop in the journalistic cancer that is Her.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I have a family plan, yeah. Currently into my second year with a few fellow boardsies, zero problems .

But as for the IP addresses, irrelevant also, it is called a Netflix family account, and families don't always live in the same address.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Signed up to the Mexico premium plan @ €8.99.

Wasnt much hassle at all.

Express VPN.
    New account with new email.
    Paid for with Revolut virtual card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Why not Turkey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I read back through the first few pages of the thread and someone mentioned that the Mexico one was the cheapest.

Im guessing I should've checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

I have a family plan, yeah. Currently into my second year with a few fellow boardsies, zero problems .

But as for the IP addresses, irrelevant also, it is called a Netflix family account, and families don't always live in the same address.

There’s no such thing as a Netflix family account AFAIK. You’re just sharing an account and splitting the cost amoung yourselves

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Brian017 wrote: »
    There’s no such thing as a Netflix family account AFAIK. You’re just sharing an account and splitting the cost amoung yourselves

Exactly, all people are doing are sharing out user profiles on their individual plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The 4 screen plan is meant to be used in 1 house. Not all over. No family account exists. ..very possible they'll cut it off in the future.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The 4 screen plan is meant to be used in 1 house. Not all over. No family account exists. ..very possible they'll cut it off in the future.

Of course it is. But that's not news. For all anyone knows they could block it tomorrow, next month or in ten years time.

There's absolutely no reason for people not to make hay while the sun shines though, so such hypothetical gibberish doesn't really belong in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Brian017 wrote: »

There is with my account, it's a family of like minded people who have split the cost of a yearly account using the means provided to us by Netflix.

There is with my account, it's a family of like minded people who have split the cost of a yearly account using the means provided to us by Netflix.

Yeah I know what you did. But it's not an official plan so your suggestion that couldn't block multiple different IP addresses, if they wanted because you're on whats called a Family Plan is false.

I don't think they will anytime soon but they could, theoretically

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Signed up with to Turkey Netflix.... Got the same issues as mentioned previously.... Fixed by using a new email address. I used Browsec and Revolut.

To everyone having issues switching over the amount with their current address, are you waiting until your paid up subscription has run out, i.e. the first day you're unable to watch shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Any family spaces going let me know. Brother in law wants one. Can pay by revolt or PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Successful again setting up for a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

My 3 month free sub from Playstation just ran out so had to resubscribe to Turkey. Used Browsec free trial on iOS and used the same revolut card that was already saved on my account and it worked 1st time no problem. Set location to Turkey, logged into netflix, pressed restart membership and it was done. No faffing about with new email address or new revolut card or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi folks. I would take up family place if available. Can play via PayPal too.Thanks Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

jamescd wrote: »
    My 3 month free sub from Playstation just ran out so had to resubscribe to Turkey. Used Browsec free trial on iOS and used the same revolut card that was already saved on my account and it worked 1st time no problem. Set location to Turkey, logged into netflix, pressed restart membership and it was done. No faffing about with new email address or new revolut card or whatever.
    Finally managed it similar to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

what is the family plan lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭DopeTech

what is the family plan lads?

Explained in last few posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭garyskeepers

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Explained in last few posts.

ahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i see..... Ok if anyone wants to go in on this plan. I have space for a few "family" members so

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Hi

i Setup a family account in December and created a new Gmail account , gmail account has not been used for anything only Netflix but i got notification from google that they have disabled my account as it was used in a way that violated googles policies . i have emailed and asked to have account re enabled but after reviewing my request account cant not be restored . has anyone else come across this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Just signed up to Turkey and all working fine.

I used a VPN obviously but also my Irish debit card to pay. All worked fine but from looking at posts here, is there a reason everyone is using revolut? My card is UB if that makes any difference?

On a side note, I was watching el chapo through my Irish account and it was subtitled but now through the Turkish account it's dubbed, badly. Is there any way to get it to play the subtitled version?

davegilly wrote: »
    Just signed up to Turkey and all working fine.

I used a VPN obviously but also my Irish debit card to pay. All worked fine but from looking at posts here, is there a reason everyone is using revolut? My card is UB if that makes any difference?

On a side note, I was watching el chapo through my Irish account and it was subtitled but now through the Turkish account it's dubbed, badly. Is there any way to get it to play the subtitled version?

Are you watching via the VPN? If you are that might be why you're getting the dubbed version. You don't need the VPN after signing up

Or alternatively, just change the audio back to Spanish if you have that option

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

As mentioned numerous times, you only need the VPN for initial signing up, you don't need it for watching content unless you want to watch content from a specific country. You can sign in as normal from Ireland and watch UK/Irish content but will still pay it at the Turkish rates once you initially signed up from Turkey via VPN.

As for using Revolut, it's been discussed in this thread many times too, the currency exchange rate is cheaper than what your bank will charge you, plus you can buy the currency you want to pay netflix (for example Turkish Lira) well in advance and keep it on your revolut card, so that if exchange rates go up netflix will still get paid from the currency on your revolut card you bought it for cheaper previously.

I have the VPN turned off - I was watching it on my TV which wasn't connected to the VPN anyway - VPN only on my PC where I signed up.

I'll try changing the audio back to Spanish and see if that works. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Just tried to sign up through Turkey with Nord vpn. Received the following

Netflix Site Error
    We were unable to process your request.

Please go to the Netflix home page by clicking the button below.

Netflix Home

Is it an issue with Nord?

Also I plan to use my Revolut card for payment. What are you paying with? Just use the Euro balance or best to convert to Lira?

• Advertisement

If you’re using your tv then I don’t see how the audio has changed randomly on its own
    I dunno either. I selected original audio and it's all working fine now again

Advertisement