Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just Re vpns...

Is there any site that highlights the working servers for around the world?

I have googled this but didn't find anything useful.

I'm using Expressvpn and the only working server I can access is New Jersey for the US library but I'd also like to check what's on in say Australia Brazil and Argentina.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

A quick Google will show you.

The US has by far the biggest library than other section.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

RossieMan wrote: »
    A quick Google will show you.

The US has by far the biggest library than other section.

Quick Google says Japan is biggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This is going off topic but that info is out of date or just plain wrong

https://www.finder.com/global-netflix-library-totals

Sure that's out of date too.
    November 2018.

But USA does seem to have the largest.

http://unogs.com/countrydetail/

Sorry, hadn't realised the poster wanted to watch Japanese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

Having issues with payment setup. Vpn worked fine and I can see payment in Lira but it just wont accept my Revolut card as payment. I have sufficient funds on the card and successfully used the card in store this morning without issue. Is it just a case of keep trying with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

pissed wrote: »
    Having issues with payment setup. Vpn worked fine and I can see payment in Lira but it just wont accept my Revolut card as payment. I have sufficient funds on the card and successfully used the card in store this morning without issue. Is it just a case of keep trying with it?

Have you enabled online purchase in the revolut app?

concubar wrote: »
    Have you enabled online purchase in the revolut app?

Yeah have location based security turned off and online transactions enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I have been trying this but I cannot connect to Turkey Netflix, I can only go to the US one.

I am using NordVPN proxy connected to Turkey.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Shemale wrote: »
    I have been trying this but I cannot connect to Turkey Netflix, I can only go to the US one.

I am using NordVPN proxy connected to Turkey.

Thanks

Try Browsec on your phone. Download and sign up for the free trial. I couldn't get it working with Express VPN, but worked perfectly with browsec on my iPhone.

• Advertisement

I used the Mexico one to set up the account but I'm unable to access conten from that region, I've tried loads of servers from around the world and I keep getting the msg from netflix about using a vpn. The only server outside ireland I can get to work is the New Jersey one.

Using express vpn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

jamescd wrote: »
    Try Browsec on your phone. Download and sign up for the free trial. I couldn't get it working with Express VPN, but worked perfectly with browsec on my iPhone.

Thanks, worked a treat.

Why are you trying to connect for content?
    You only need to do it for sign up.

Can people read the thread? It's the same stuff over and over.

I want to see is there different content in other regions.

I can access the American but I'd imagine there would be also other options out there by signing in in from other countries.

Charlie19 wrote:
    I want to see is there different content in other regions.

They block vpns doing this. Only a few still support it. Not the right place for this info.

This is a thread in bargain alerts on getting cheap Netflix not tips and tricks on how to change your library content

Would you get off your high horse there for a minute...

There is not much difference in using a VPN to get netflix at a cheaper rate to using a VPN to get different region content.

I feel you're splitting hairs.

I know there is stipulations on boards regarding the use of VPN's and DNS but since this thread is built on tricking Netflix by the use of a VPN to get a cheaper subscription, I genuinely seen no harm in my query.

Thanks anyway for your earlier suggestions.

Typical response from the lazy squad to be honest.
    Ignore him, without you here half the queries wouldn't get an answer.
    You were a great help when setting up I found!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Cheeps to the OP for sharing this. Signed up using hola VPN on mobile. Took a spin to Turkey after waiting for my sub to expire. Renewed with Revolut - All good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Just done the same, incredible savings, thanks all!

Got sorted in the end. Refused to take payment with my Revolut card and my PTSB Debit Card. Eventually worked with my PTSB Credit Card.
    Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement

Try changing the payment details now to Revolut

Happy days, that done the trick. Changed to Revolut and got an instant email from Revolut to say they paid Netflix 1 TRY assuming it was some form of card checking.

Thanks again.

Just checked on my Revolut app and that payment is showing as pending. Is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

pissed wrote: »
    Happy days, that done the trick. Changed to Revolut and got an instant email from Revolut to say they paid Netflix 1 TRY assuming it was some form of card checking.

Thanks again.

Just checked on my Revolut app and that payment is showing as pending. Is that ok?

they'll refund that back, just to confirm your card is working and legit

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Albanach1

Another one here set up successfully using Hola & Revolut. Great savings between this & the Spotify threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,135 ✭✭✭dinneenp

update- my bad, I was thinking of a shared plan, like Spotify.

=========================

Hi,
    I know I could trawl through this long thread but can anyone answer:
    I'm on standard HD plan, €10.99 p.m.
    I currently have 5 users profiles on my account.
    If I join a family/friends/whatever the plan is called is the only change that I'll see everyone else's profile as well?

Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

I'd no luck with Hola & Revolut yesterday. Eventually I just setup a Basic Mexican one - €5 p.m if memory serves me right.
    Someone mentioned a PTSB CC worked for them rather than a Revolut and then once any payment method is setup you can change it over to Revolut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭RFOLEY1990

I'd no luck with Hola & Revolut yesterday. Eventually I just setup a Basic Mexican one - €5 p.m if memory serves me right.
    Someone mentioned a PTSB CC worked for them rather than a Revolut and then once any payment method is setup you can change it over to Revolut.

the site requires a verified by visa verification maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kranbo

RFOLEY1990 wrote: »
    the site requires a verified by visa verification maybe?

I set this up a while ago using vpn to register for the Turkish Netflix - I use my Irish credit card for the monthly payments - no probs since

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Thanks to the op just setup Netflix mexico using hola on my phone with my visa credit card packages are standard def for €5 on 1 screen.... high def on 2 screens for €7.... and the ultra HD 4k on 4 screens for €9

Turkey is currently the cheapest. OP hasn't been updated in awhile. 6.70ish for 4 screen hd plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

What a time to be alive.... :D

Advertisement