Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

New to this but I'm wondering what the reason for using Revolut over a normal Irish debit card is? What is the benefit of using Revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭cletus

New to this but I'm wondering what the reason for using Revolut over a normal Irish debit card is? What is the benefit of using Revolut?

There's no charge for currency exchange with revolut, so it works out a little cheaper again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I received an email saying my payment method had failed on Netflix Turkey ,have been signed up for 18 months.
    Expiry date was incorrect ,so I changed it and payment still failed.

N26 card and Transferwise failed too ,as did TSB card.
    I watch Netflix once a month if even that so its their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

My Revolut card is expired at the end of the month. Now having problems putting the new Revolut card number in. Anyone get, and solve, this?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Contact Revolut on chat and see what they say

Can't really see them fighting my corner tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mr.S wrote: »
    I'd say you'll miss them more than they miss your few € ;)

Unlikely as I hardly ever watch it .
    Altered Carbon and The Sinner is about all I've watched in the last year.

Nobody said they would fight your corner but you may get an answer as to why Netflix isn’t accepting Revolut

Does Revolut not work on Irish Netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

This month's payment for Netflix (Turkey) went through as normal on my Revolut card. The transaction was only processing for about a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Hi, have set Netflix up in Turkey for myself and a mate last year, trying to set another one up but at payment using Revolut it keeps saying "something went wrong please try again later" will Revolut still work for Netflix new accounts? tried looking back over old posts, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

meathman0 wrote: »
    Hi, have set Netflix up in Turkey for myself and a mate last year, trying to set another one up but at payment using Revolut it keeps saying "something went wrong please try again later" will Revolut still work for Netflix new accounts? tried looking back over old posts, Thanks.

I signed up over 6 months ago and it wouldn't let me use revolut, I kept getting the "something went wrong" message, so I ended up just using regular debit card.

• Advertisement

ltd440 wrote: »
    I signed up over 6 months ago and it wouldn't let me use revolut, I kept getting the "something went wrong" message, so I ended up just using regular debit card.

Is the Irish debit card still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

meathman0 wrote: »
    Is the Irish debit card still working?

Yes, no problem and only a few cent in the difference

ltd440 wrote: »
    Yes, no problem and only a few cent in the difference

No luck, with Irish card for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Do people signing up to Turkish Netflix create a new account? Or can you switch your current account over?

You’re doing something wrong, I just joined Turkish Netflix for a work mate no problem using an Irish debut card and then changed it to Revolut

Where you using VPN? I tried 2 Irish cards and it just say there is a problem with your payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Ron.

What vpn are people using for turkey? I have tried a few but turkey isn't available.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

I've tried a couple of irish cards and revolut to no avail and I've tried to set up a new account. I'm wondering if I get a gift card through PayPal would that work? Has anyone else gone this route? I'm using the tor browser method.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tusky wrote: »
    Do people signing up to Turkish Netflix create a new account? Or can you switch your current account over?

Use your current account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

bootser wrote: »
    I've tried a couple of irish cards and revolut to no avail and I've tried to set up a new account. I'm wondering if I get a gift card through PayPal would that work? Has anyone else gone this route? I'm using the tor browser method.

I used Tor browser and got my mate successfully signed up to Turkey about an hour ago using his Irish debit card. However we ran into the same problem as you in the process.

He already had an existing Irish account that he's been using for years so I just told him to cancel and let it expire. He wanted to switch the payment method to a different card though, so when I was signing it up to Turkey I tried to change it but it wouldn't accept the new card. I tried my Revolut which I use for my own Netflix Turkey account and no joy either. Then finally I decided to just re-enter the debit card that was originally on the account and it wouldn't take that either.

So I logged off Netflix, closed Tor, re-opened Tor and logged back into Netflix Turkey. When I got to the payment details part I just left it alone and clicked Start Your Membership and boom it worked.

In other words, for some reason it can be a bit temperamental and won't take a new card at all. So to get around that, before you open Tor, go into Irish Netflix first and add a card to your account. Then when you're signing up to Turkey, don't edit/mess with the card details and just directly click Start Your Membership. Hope that works for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

jamescd wrote:
    In other words, for some reason it can be a bit temperamental and won't take a new card at all. So to get around that, before you open Tor, go into Irish Netflix first and add a card to your account. Then when you're signing up to Turkey, don't edit/mess with the card details and just directly click Start Your Membership. Hope that works for you!

Thanks, I'll give that a go and repost if it works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

bootser wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll give that a go and repost if it works!

Any luck? My revolut card expired but I can't add a new card. Over on HKUD per the link a few posts up, most are saying Revolut now doesn't work

try adding revolut to curve

Will try, have to wait for the card to be shipped before I can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Sols12 wrote: »
    Will try, have to wait for the card to be shipped before I can use it.

Use a virtual one now if your account is active?

Use a virtual one now if your account is active?

To activate the card/account I need the last 4 digits of the physical card which is being shipped, it seems. Can't see a way to create a virtual card until then

Head over to the 'cards' section in the app.
    From the 'Add New Card' screen, select 'Virtual' card.
    Swipe right to 'Disposable Virtual Card' and tap on the pink button.

In the wallet section there is an option to add a new card but no option for a 'Virtual card'. I can only assume you cant do this until the account is activated with the physical card?

I guess the lesson to be learnt here is to add a new card before it expires on your Netflix account!:pac:

Cant see the cloud image you're referring to - screenshot attached

Cant see the cloud image you're referring to - screenshot attached

He means on Revolut. You can create a virtual card by going to the cards section and then tapping the "+" sign on the top right of the screen.

jamescd wrote: »
    He means on Revolut. You can create a virtual card by going to the cards section and then tapping the "+" sign on the top right of the screen.

Created a virtual revolut card and tried to pay via netflix on Tor but get the standard "Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later" message on netflix. This is the same issue new people trying to sign up are getting on UKHD reading the comments:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-for-242-per-month-vpn-turkey-3321103?page=6#thread-comments

The idea here I thought was to use Curve which may not be blocked by Netflix as of yet, but I need to wait for my account to be activated (card in the post) before I can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

[Deleted] Whoops - wrong thread - sorry !

• Advertisement

Created a virtual revolut card and tried to pay via netflix on Tor but get the standard "Sorry something went wrong. Please try again later" message on netflix. This is the same issue new people trying to sign up are getting on UKHD reading the comments:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/netflix-for-242-per-month-vpn-turkey-3321103?page=6#thread-comments

The idea here I thought was to use Curve which may not be blocked by Netflix as of yet, but I need to wait for my account to be activated (card in the post) before I can use it.

Did you try adding a debit/credit card first on the Irish Netflix? Then when you open Tor, log into Turkey, select the plan you want and then on the next page immediately click Start Your Membership. You shouldn't have to type in any card details since you did it beforehand. That's how I got my mate signed up after it kept rejecting every card. It accepted his Irish debit card that way.

Advertisement