Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Cancelled my recurring payment today. Looking forward to attempting this. 3 weeks till I expire.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Quick Question - I have a netflix account which i have been using for a year on Turkey plan . my existing Revolut card has expired and for next months payment i want to update payment details with new Card .
    what is the best approach to this ?
    Do i just log into netflix.ie and update payment details or do i need to use a vpn and go to the turkey site and then update payment details .
    have tried to read back over previous posts if someone could let me know that would be great .
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Weird blip for me this morning. Got an email from Netflix, then a failed payment notification from Revolut, both saying I'd used the incorrect card expiry date (10/19). I've not changed anything since I signed up in January, and the card is valid until November 2022...

I was able to update the expiry date via Netflix.com and the payment went through immediately. No need for a VPN to make the change either.
    This happened to me again. The Revolut expiry date changed to 11/19 instead of 11/22. I corrected the details on Netflix.com and the payment went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I can't sign up using revolut no matter what I do. Even on the Irish Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

OmegaGene wrote: »
    just did some googling and according to posters on reddit Netflix are blocking Revolut because people were taking advantage of the free trial and using virtual cards every month
    try Monese or N26, i have a Monese account and its quite good, if you need a referral let me know and we get a tenner each

I eventually got it to work.

I had to however lay the normal €16 for the month. I canceled my subscription. I think I should be able to set up the cheaper Turkish way in 30 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭taytobreath

I downloaded the tor browser and followed the instructions and got this to work. I had an existing account that I cancelled 30 days ago and I used the existing Irish card that was on it.
    Thank you to the posters that helped me.

I downloaded the tor browser and followed the instructions and got this to work. I had an existing account that I cancelled 30 days ago and I used the existing Irish card that was on it.
    Thank you to the posters that helped me.

Which country did you sign up to? Argentina seems cheaper than turkey.

jarvis wrote: »
    Which country did you sign up to? Argentina seems cheaper than turkey.

Turkey.

Is there much of a difference?

Spreadsheet on first page says the top package costs are 299 Argies which = €4.53 and 39.99 Turkos which = €6.28.

Don’t know how up to date that is.

***I may not have gotten their currency names correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I just got a suspension email...or so I thought. It was an obvious scam email but because I was anticipating something like this maybe happening I almost clicked ahead without looking at it properly. Something to watch out for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 range

Hi
    i have a Turkish which i had linked to my revolut card but the revolut card has expired , when i try and update payment card details it says there appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use . i have also tried my normal credit card but the same error .
    Has anyone a work around for this
    Thanks

range wrote: »
    Hi
    i have a Turkish which i had linked to my revolut card but the revolut card has expired , when i try and update payment card details it says there appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use . i have also tried my normal credit card but the same error .
    Has anyone a work around for this
    Thanks

I would say. Crate a new Irish Netflix account with new email and payment method. Cancel straight away, after 30 days try donning up again via turkey.

jarvis wrote: »
    I would say. Crate a new Irish Netflix account with new email and payment method. Cancel straight away, after 30 days try donning up again via turkey.

That’s what worked for me,
    Create account in Ireland with payment details and phone number. Then cancel
    Then use the tor browser with the instructions on page 131 I think.
    It’s either that page number or one behind or one before I can’t remember

It’s a nice little saver for not much effort for some, I save a tenner a month on it.

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Do I need to change my currency from Euro to Turkish Lira before payment or does it matter? Does Revolut just take from whatever "account" I have cash in and exchange currency for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,886 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

JR6 wrote: »
    Do I need to change my currency from Euro to Turkish Lira before payment or does it matter? Does Revolut just take from whatever "account" I have cash in and exchange currency for me?

The only reason you might want to exchange the lira first would be if there's a particularly favourable exchange rate. Otherwise, just let Revolut do it automatically

My Netflix payment just got reverted. Paying via Turkey for well over a year. Netflix is still working for the moment, we'll see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

My Netflix payment just got reverted. Paying via Turkey for well over a year. Netflix is still working for the moment, we'll see what happens.
    Yeah exact same for me this morning, a year on Turkey aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Got netflix through Sky for €4 a month

Time to leave the thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Yeah exact same for me this morning, a year on Turkey aswell

Same here, paying via Turkey for a few months, before that was paying through the US, so I've never paid for Netflix in Ireland. Still working at the moment, also in wait and see mode....

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

That happened me too, thought the game was up but they took it around a week later. I didn't do anything and around a week later they took the payment. All still going ok

• Advertisement

jkbah wrote: »
    That happened me too, thought the game was up but they took it around a week later. I didn't do anything and around a week later they took the payment. All still going ok

Did you keep watching as normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Happened me last month too, they eventually took payment the day before the 7 day revert rule expired. My guess is that it's the way Netflix handle payment at their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fenianspice

Hey guys,

A friend recommended this method of getting cheaper Netflix so I followed the instructions on the first post.

Cancelled my subscription, let it run out, downloaded Hola free VPN and tried to sign up to Turkish netflix. I've tried using my Revolut Card, Virtual Revolut card and finally my Irish debit card. These all came up saying 'something went wrong' or 'problem with payment method'.

Tried creating a new account using the same three cards and ran into the same problem.

Got my sisters details for le VPN tried signing in from Turkey/Argentina/Mexico with all three different cards on the new account and got the same problems.

Then I tried signing up using the new account for the 30 day free trial on the Irish Netflix site and again ran into the same problem.

I'm not sure where to go from here if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

Under my advisement my mate cancelled her Netflix, got a revolut card and tried to sign up yday using a Vpn from turkey. No joy with real card, virtual card or Irish debit card. Today she gave up and decided to sign up again using Netflix from Ireland and now it won't let her using any card... Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

Lost my Revolut card and now it's not accepting the new card details. I signed up on their Turkish site a year ago. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Nibs05

Same here, tried to sign up using revoult, no joy, tried with no vpn, on a Irish card, got the payment issues, I wonder if buying a uk gift card works.

Nibs05 wrote:
    Same here, tried to sign up using revoult, no joy, tried with no vpn, on a Irish card, got the payment issues, I wonder if buying a uk gift card works.

God if I did get cut off I was planning on just being happy with the savings I got and going back to paying via ireland/irish card. Hope I don't lose access to my account completely (more accurately the other people who use it will kill me if they lose their viewing history!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    You pay for sky ? Absolute madness
    Bye

TV+BB+Phone+Netflix for 59 a month.....

Was paying that for internet alone in the city.

Did the whole terrarium/kodi/chromecast for a few years but was too unreliable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Netflix not accepting my new Revolut card.
    Installed Curve and waiting on physical card.
    Doesn't list Turkish lira as a supported currency,
    Anyone used Curve to pay Lira and had an issue ?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

alxmorgan wrote: »
    Netflix not accepting my new Revolut card.
    Installed Curve and waiting on physical card.
    Doesn't list Turkish lira as a supported currency,
    Anyone used Curve to pay Lira and had an issue ?

thanks

Yes, I got Curve to be accepted after many failed attempts with Revolut (and Curve) when I had to update my payment method when my old Revolut card expired.
    The middle Netflix tier costing TRY29.99 charged me €4.79 last week.

Advertisement