Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jack in the box

sibersha wrote: »
    Tried to register via Turkish VPN which didn't work. Have since registered via the Irish version of the site but it will not accept my AIB debit card nor my revolut card. Any ideas?

They have more than likely blocked your I.P address from registering. Try registering again using a different device and email. You should get your 30 day free trial too.

The same thing happened me last week but I just used my partners email and phone and there was no problems..Im hoping that I can then cancel and re-register using a Turkish VPN to avail of the cheaper subscription 🀞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

All went well. My cancelled Netflix expired at midnight last night. This morning I used Argentinian vpn (Hola) and logged in. Renewed to the top package and it went through fine. My bank was charged exactly €5.60
    My Irish visa debit is registered to the account and expires in June 2022 so hopefully I get that long from it!!!!

Did it all on my iPhone with no issues. Actually the only issue is that I had 3 profiles and one is missing since. It’s my daughters and she’s only 8 so I’m sure she won’t notice as she tends to watch the same stuff over and over!!!

https://ibb.co/CsTRQbB

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

So Argentina is back being the cheapest again?

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

Aquos76 wrote: »
    So Argentina is back being the cheapest again?

yes

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Look to jump in with someone for a year, send. Me pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Wasn't there an additional tax in Argentina on top of their headline Netflix price that didn't make Argentina as cheap as it seemed?

Ohmeha wrote: »
    Wasn't there an additional tax in Argentina on top of their headline Netflix price that didn't make Argentina as cheap as it seemed?

Dunno. I paid €5.60 today. Wasn’t any other charge applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭sibersha

sibersha wrote: »
    Tried to register via Turkish VPN which didn't work. Have since registered via the Irish version of the site but it will not accept my AIB debit card nor my revolut card. Any ideas?

Got it in the end, tried different device and incognito mode. I'm guessing my card my have been flagged up or something as it didn't work for 24 hours or so.

Was able to eventually get the account up and running yesterday evening. Will cancel before 30 days expires and move to Argentina :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

jarvis wrote: »

Iv been paying 5.60 via Argentina for months now

Only thing is I didn't get the free month

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

BKWDR wrote: »
    Iv been paying 5.60 via Argentina for months now

Only thing is I didn't get the free month

If I were you, I'd complain ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

Using Pure VPN and connected to Buenos Aires but I keep gett USD $15.99 Premium. Any ideas people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

paska wrote: »
    Using Pure VPN and connected to Buenos Aires but I keep gett USD $15.99 Premium. Any ideas people?

On your device turn off ipv6 and try again.

IPv6 is a nightmare for geo

paska wrote: »

Use Hola vpn

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Shame that’s not in the faq at the start of the thread :D

Think there’s just a lot of people using trial and error and stating what they find works for them.

Easier to follow the guide in post one though

Yeah but that’s just a guy sharing his idea. We can’t ask it keeps updating it years later. I only did this on Friday and I used Hola. It was this thread that told me to use Hola. Quite near the start. It may have been on the very first page. But that’s just my experience. I can’t guarantee you Hola will work for you either but thy do a free 3 days trial so will cost you zilch to try

Is Argentina the cheapest for premium? I read that Colombia is the cheapest at €8.69

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is Argentina the cheapest for premium? I read that Colombia is the cheapest at €8.69

First post there is a link with all prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭Bambaata

What plan was this for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

You read wrong see post 1

The spreadsheet linked to in post 1 is an excellent piece of work with (I believe) live exchange rates but in does not take into account the price increases from a few months back.
    Example the price for the 4 screen option shows as 299 Argentinian whatnots but it actually went up to 369 a few month ago. This worked out as €5.60 for my last payment

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

Has anyone been asked to verify using a Argentina Mobile number?

https://imgur.com/a/8HStokG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

None of my cards are working today to renew, revolut , N26 & BOI debit card , I tried incognito mode to no avail.

Anyone having recent issues & any suggestions?

None of my cards are working today to renew, revolut , N26 & BOI debit card , I tried incognito mode to no avail.

Anyone having recent issues & any suggestions?

Is your card not just tied to your account and the payment automatically comes out? Or is it a case that you have missed a payment and trying to re add payment method?

I think adding payment method is tricky. The idea is you have a Payment method already setup on your existing account and then apply a package.
    I made sure my card had a decent life left before expiry so I’m hopeful it’ll last till June 2022 before I experience payment issues.

Is your card not just tied to your account and the payment automatically comes out? Or is it a case that you have missed a payment and trying to re add payment method?

I think adding payment method is tricky. The idea is you have a Payment method already setup on your existing account and then apply a package.
    I made sure my card had a decent life left before expiry so I’m hopeful it’ll last till June 2022 before I experience payment issues.

Yea my revolut just expired so i was trying to update the payment method :confused:

Yea my revolut just expired so i was trying to update the payment method :confused:

Think that’s your issue. Maybe add the card with no vpn active on the Irish site and do they attempt take payment after a set number of days maybe?

Otherwise I’d create a new Irish account for the 30 day trial. Cancel so that it doesn’t take payment after the trial. Then on day 31 login to Argentina Netflix and add a sub. You’ll have already entered a valid payment option 31 days earlier so should work then. You’d lose your watch history etc so maybe there is an alternative but this way would be quicker and if you use the correct payment method with a long expiry then you should be ok.

I’m thinking next time I’ll use PayPal as I cAn change the card within PayPal if and when I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

heffo500 wrote: »
    Has anyone been asked to verify using a Argentina Mobile number?

https://imgur.com/a/8HStokG

Has anyone had this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

I registered a new card, verfied irish sms, swapped over to turkey, paid via revolut, all fine for a week and now my subscription status is gone, getting 'welcome back'

Anyone else in same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

stop wrote: »
    I registered a new card, verfied irish sms, swapped over to turkey, paid via revolut, all fine for a week and now my subscription status is gone, getting 'welcome back'

Anyone else in same boat?
    That happened to me a couple of months ago. I then signed up for Ireland, and back to Turkey a month later. The amount that you paid for Turkey will be refunded to your card within a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,009 ✭✭✭G1032

Think that’s your issue. Maybe add the card with no vpn active on the Irish site and do they attempt take payment after a set number of days maybe?

Otherwise I’d create a new Irish account for the 30 day trial. Cancel so that it doesn’t take payment after the trial. Then on day 31 login to Argentina Netflix and add a sub. You’ll have already entered a valid payment option 31 days earlier so should work then. You’d lose your watch history etc so maybe there is an alternative but this way would be quicker and if you use the correct payment method with a long expiry then you should be ok.

I’m thinking next time I’ll use PayPal as I cAn change the card within PayPal if and when I want.

So I've trying to get this working for a while with no luck

Latest thing I tried was adding PayPal as my payment method. I did that a few days ago, changed to Revolut via Paypal and there was no issue. I let the subscription expire and this morning tried to reactivate my subscription through Turkish VPN. It told me my payment method is invalid. Tried to pay by Revolut (not through PayPal) and no go there. Tried Irish Debit card again this morning and no luck there either.
    I'll try the same rigmarole next month but through Argentina instead and see ow that goes

G1032 wrote: »
    So I've trying to get this working for a while with no luck

Latest thing I tried was adding PayPal as my payment method. I did that a few days ago, changed to Revolut via Paypal and there was no issue. I let the subscription expire and this morning tried to reactivate my subscription through Turkish VPN. It told me my payment method is invalid. Tried to pay by Revolut (not through PayPal) and no go there. Tried Irish Debit card again this morning and no luck there either.
    I'll try the same rigmarole next month but through Argentina instead and see ow that goes

I wonder have the cards attracted some unwanted attention?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I wonder have the cards attracted some unwanted attention?

revolut seems to be gone given HUKD users were just adding endless amounts of virtual cards for the free first month.
    people are terrible for exploiting and then its the regular user who pays the price.

Advertisement