Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

When i use a vpn to switch me to Argentina and i log into netflix, it only allows me to pay in US Dollar prices?
    it wont allow me to pay in pesos??

I had the same issue with the VPN, it seems Netflix recognises most VPNs. The only way I can get it to work is to use the Hola VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

heffo500 wrote: »
    I had the same issue with the VPN, it seems Netflix recognises most VPNs. The only way I can get it to work is to use the Hola VPN.

Is it not extremely dangerous using hola?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

I think the transaction itself would be encrypted via the Netflix website and I used Revolut so I have the Location Based Security on so I imagine that would stop anything?

Open to correction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It is my account got hacked not long after using Hola. Good thing I read my emails and got one that said I logged in from another country. Striaght onto Netflix changing my password.

There is no other way they got my details. It had to be Hola.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

It is my account got hacked not long after using Hola. Good thing I read my emails and got one that said I logged in from another country. Striaght onto Netflix changing my password.

Because if you’re using a vpn to try convince Netflix you’re in another country then they may think you logged in from another country?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jarvis wrote: »
    Because if you’re using a vpn to try convince Netflix you’re in another country then they may think you logged in from another country?

640px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

jarvis wrote: »

No they actually watched stuff that I didn't. At least they only wanted to watch stuff for free and not use it against me as they could have easily changed my password and locked me out.

Imagine contacting Netflix telling them I signed up while I was on holidays in Turkey and someone hacked my account and changed my password and locked me out.

Also i twas a different country they logged in from and not Turkey so it was easy for me to see it wan't me when I read the email Netflix sent me to say I logged in from such country.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

No they actually watched stuff that I didn't. At least they only wanted to watch stuff for free and not use it against me as they could have easily changed my password and locked me out.

Imagine contacting Netflix telling them I signed up while I was on holidays in Turkey and someone hacked my account and changed my password and locked me out.

Also i twas a different country they logged in from and not Turkey so it was easy for me to see it wan't me when I read the email Netflix sent me to say I logged in from such country.

To do that they'd need access to your email too, please don't tell me you use the same email and password combination for both?

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    To do that they'd need access to your email too, please don't tell me you use the same email and password combination for both?

No but the point I was trying to make was I got hacked from using Hola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Problem taking my revolut payment today, the payment is pending, got an email saying there's a problem with payment. I'm on colombian this last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Yeah that happened me back in October or November. Revolut payment reverted but service stayed active. Took a few weeks but eventually payment went through, hasn't happened since.

Testament1 wrote: »
    Yeah that happened me back in October or November. Revolut payment reverted but service stayed active. Took a few weeks but eventually payment went through, hasn't happened since.

Forgot to say, they've already put my account on hold though!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

so i used turkish vpn and tried to reactivate my account on my irish mastercard and then with my transferwise card (german) . no joy. complaining about the cards, nothing specific . ended up killing the vpn and activating my account for 15 euros a month.

any suggestions ?

sweetie wrote: »
    Forgot to say, they've already put my account on hold though!

My payment went through this morning. Unfortunately id reactivated an old irish account due to the nagging at home, then went and cancelled the other by mistake (doh.) Will try again next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

so i used turkish vpn and tried to reactivate my account on my irish mastercard and then with my transferwise card (german) . no joy. complaining about the cards, nothing specific . ended up killing the vpn and activating my account for 15 euros a month.

any suggestions ?
    I just renewed mine this evening. Was originally on Revolut Turkish but would not accept new Revolut card. So I took out new sub using Irish card for one month and then let it expire. Logged in this evening using vpn for Turkey and renewed for 41.99 TKL for the 4 screen bundle without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

pissed wrote: »
    I just renewed mine this evening. Was originally on Revolut Turkish but would not accept new Revolut card. So I took out new sub using Irish card for one month and then let it expire. Logged in this evening using vpn for Turkey and renewed for 41.99 TKL for the 4 screen bundle without issue.
    Did you renew with the revolut card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

pissed wrote: »

What VPN do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

What VPN do you use?

I used Seed4.me last week no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

wiz569 wrote: »
    I used Seed4.me last week no problem.

Did you use the revolut card again when you signed back up with the Turkish sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Did you use the revolut card again when you signed back up with the Turkish sub?

Don't have revolut, initially I signed up and paid a month using my aib credit card, then cancelled and waited till sub was over, then connected to Turkey VPN and renewed, also make sure to have your phone number attached to the account in case they need to verify with it.

Did you renew with the revolut card?

No, my Revolut had expired and it wouldnt let me add the new one. So I had to take out a new sub using my Irish debit card. Just subbed for the month and let it expire. Once expired logged back in on Turkish VPN using Keepsolid VPN Unlimited (from the Bargain Alerts Forum) and reactivated the account for 41.99TKL.

What VPN do you use?

Keepsolid VPN Unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ThePott

Used this exact method as well and using Keepsolid. Worked perfectly.
    Took a couple months for me to get everything sorted is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

Can't figure out what I m doing wrong. Took out Irish sub. Let it expire. Used KeepSolid VPN (thanks to BA 😉) to change to Turkish IP. Log into account and selected 41.99 TL plan. On payment screen I get error "There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use."

I ve tried a couple of different cards including Revolut.

Any ideas on what I m doing wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ThePott

Revolut no longer works I believe. Are you tring to pay through paypal? That was my problem initial.
    Using a standard AIB Debit card now and had no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

ThePott wrote: »
    Revolut no longer works I believe. Are you tring to pay through paypal? That was my problem initial.
    Using a standard AIB Debit card now and had no problem.

Using AIB debit card also. I m wondering is it because I have other devices still logged into Netflix account that are not going through VPN. Might try signing out of all of em first and they try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭henke

So is no one using Revolut now? Just take the exchange rate of your Irish bank? I understand it will be still more favourable than Irish Netflix prices

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Revolut still working for me and has done for the last 12 months, last bill was on the 10th Jan.

Advertisement