Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented house inspection

Options
  • 26-10-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi there. I'm a landlord who got notice of an inspection from a county council. The house is kept well and tenants keep it well also. I had a quick look at the legislation but want to make sure it goes well. It was built in 2001. Any advice from landlords who've been inspected would be much appreciated. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Fire safety is prob the main concern. Make sure they have a fire blanket for the kitchen, smoke alarms and the windows open and close fully.

Otherwise they will prob just look at basic structure and health and safety.

Mine was inspected but i was letting to the council. It wasn't bad the house was new and kept well. I think i had to clean the gutters and fix a sink. That was about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Hithere246 wrote: »
    Hi there. I'm a landlord who got notice of an inspection from a county council. The house is kept well and tenants keep it well also. I had a quick look at the legislation but want to make sure it goes well. It was built in 2001. Any advice from landlords who've been inspected would be much appreciated. TIA

The minimum standards are here

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html

Pay particular attention to the new regulations from July 1st 2017.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They will also look at Ventilation.
    Heating.
    Hot and cold water provisions.
    Window restrictors.
    Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detection.
    Appliances.

Check for mound and general infestation.

Advertisement