Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further Advance

• 26-10-2017 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

All,

Looking to get, in my view, a mortgage top up to fund renovations. My mortgage advisor at PTSB said if I was getting structural changes like an extension (which I am), it would be considered a further advance and a solicitor would be required.

When I contacted my solicitor they quoted me almost 1200 inc VAT- if memory serves me correctly this isn't much cheaper than their fees for my whole original mortgage.. does this make sense ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Perhaps you should shop around for a Solicitor or indeed consider switching your mortgage and availing of a better rate and up to 3k to switch which will more than cover your legal fees.

I was quoted circa 1k to remortgage so your Solicitor fees for a top up seems ridiculous.
    andymx11 wrote: »
    All,

Looking to get, in my view, a mortgage top up to fund renovations. My mortgage advisor at PTSB said if I was getting structural changes like an extension (which I am), it would be considered a further advance and a solicitor would be required.

When I contacted my solicitor they quoted me almost 1200 inc VAT- if memory serves me correctly this isn't much cheaper than their fees for my whole original mortgage.. does this make sense ?

Advertisement