Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Camera not recognised, help please!

Options
  • 27-10-2017 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm trying to set up a Maginon IPC-20C security camera.

Everything is plugged in and connected to my router. The camera shows network detected and connected however the computer wont recognise the camera on IPC Viewer android app or Supracam.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Nobody?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Are you connecting to it over the internet or on you LAN?
    Have you the correct port number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

As above have you opened the relevant ports on your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Are you connecting to it over the internet or on you LAN?
    Have you the correct port number?

I'm a bit of a newbie to this. I'm connecting it to my router Huawei b593s-22

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Vronsky

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm trying to set up a Maginon IPC-20C security camera.

Everything is plugged in and connected to my router. The camera shows network detected and connected however the computer wont recognise the camera on IPC Viewer android app or Supracam.

Can anyone help?

When you go to your router, is an IP address showing for your camera?
    The IP address of your local network looks like 192.168.AAA.BBB
    If the IP address of your camera is not set to 192.168.AAA.XYZ then your camera won't be able to connect to the internet.

In that instance you'll need to find out what the default IP address of the camera is, and change your computer to match. For example you find out from a sticker on the camera, or instruction manual that the default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.113, you'll need to first find out what the IP address of your router is (usually on a sticker on the router - note it down - for example its 192.168.15.1). You then change the IP address of your computer to 192.168.1.50, open your browser and type 192.168.1.113 and log into the camera.
    Using the username and password supplied, go to the network section and change the IP address to something like 192.168.15.200 The third set of digits (the 15 in my example) MUST be the same as your routers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Vronsky wrote: »
    When you go to your router, is an IP address showing for your camera?
    The IP address of your local network looks like 192.168.AAA.BBB
    If the IP address of your camera is not set to 192.168.AAA.XYZ then your camera won't be able to connect to the internet.

In that instance you'll need to find out what the default IP address of the camera is, and change your computer to match. For example you find out from a sticker on the camera, or instruction manual that the default IP address of the camera is 192.168.1.113, you'll need to first find out what the IP address of your router is (usually on a sticker on the router - note it down - for example its 192.168.15.1). You then change the IP address of your computer to 192.168.1.50, open your browser and type 192.168.1.113 and log into the camera.
    Using the username and password supplied, go to the network section and change the IP address to something like 192.168.15.200 The third set of digits (the 15 in my example) MUST be the same as your routers.

Just further to this good post, you need to add your port number to the end of the ip, so say the camera is 192.168.1.200 and the port number is 100, you need to enter 192.168.1.200:100 into your browser to access the login screen

Advertisement