Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM MALAHIDE CASTLE JUNE 5th

• 27-10-2017 7:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭

Tickets next Friday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Surprised by the venue tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

SachaJ wrote: »
    Surprised by the venue tbh

Apparently there's going to be 3 gigs there next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭budgemook

What's the capacity at Malahide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Prices announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭budgemook

maximoose wrote: »
    Prices announced?

I saw 70 somewhere but can't remember where. Independent.ie maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://mcd.ie/lcd-soundsystem-announce-irish-return-outdoor-performance-malahide-castle-dublin-june-5th-2018/
    Ticket Information
    Tickets priced €69.50 inclusive of booking fee go on sale at 9am next Friday, November 3rd via Ticketmaster outlets and www.ticketmaster.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Will this be a sell out i wonder? Would have been better on a weekend night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,670 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Would absolutely love to go see LCD Soundsystem live

but on a Tuesday? nah, fcuk that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

A Tuesday night in Malahide Castle. I think that’s a bit off. Will they fill a 20,000 capacity venue on a week night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

A FúCKING TUESDAY?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

andreac wrote: »
    Will this be a sell out i wonder? Would have been better on a weekend night.
    I don't think it'll sell out. Capacity 35k, midweek night.
    If Arcade Fire couldn't sell it out on a midweek night, I don't think LCD will either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I don't think it'll sell out. Capacity 35k, midweek night.
    If Arcade Fire couldn't sell it out on a midweek night, I don't think LCD will either

as SachaJ says above, it's 20k capacity. but yeah, i'd be surprised if they sell it out (same with Liam Gallagher and Gorillaz).

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-1975-at-malahide-castle-here-s-everything-you-need-to-know-1.3121013
    Are tickets still available? At time of writing, yes. Tickets are €49 and seeing as Arcade Fire didn’t sell out the 20,000 capacity earlier in the week, we don’t expect The 1975 to get it over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Tuesday night ****ery aside. Thoughts on Malahide Castle as a venue? Or wait and see where they are playing in the UK? They must be doing UK gigs around June as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,670 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mince Pie wrote: »
    They must be doing UK gigs around June as well.

They'll certainly be doing gigs on the Friday/Saturday before & after Dublin in places they rate above Dublin anyway. most likely festivals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 971 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

as SachaJ says above, it's 20k capacity. but yeah, i'd be surprised if they sell it out (same with Liam Gallagher and Gorillaz).

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/the-1975-at-malahide-castle-here-s-everything-you-need-to-know-1.3121013

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2011/05/23/prince-dublin-july/

Seems to be able to hold 35k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Tuesday night ****ery aside. Thoughts on Malahide Castle as a venue? Or wait and see where they are playing in the UK? They must be doing UK gigs around June as well.

I was at Arcade Fire and it was great, just don't expect to be able to drive out of the village after it, roads will be closed for an hour or so.

Seen LCD in the Olympia and it was amazing, can't see this being as good but still going.

ShaneU wrote: »

I was at Arcade Fire and it was great, just don't expect to be able to drive out of the village after it, roads will be closed for an hour or so.

Seen LCD in the Olympia and it was amazing, can't see this being as good but still going.
    Yeah, saw them at Glastonbury which is by far the best thing I've ever witnessed so outdoors can work. Electric Picnic was pretty good also. But Olympia I can imagine was incredible. Might hold back and see where they are playing in the UK cos I live in Cumbria now. Gigs are a nice way to get home and catch up with friends though. Hhhmm

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Tuesday night in Malahide. Feck off MCD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

Whats the big deal about it being on a Tuesday? Why not take a couple of days of work and enjoy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Sam Hain wrote: »
    Whats the big deal about it being on a Tuesday? Why not take a couple of days of work and enjoy it.

you answered your own question!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭dinneenp

They'll certainly be doing gigs on the Friday/Saturday before & after Dublin in places they rate above Dublin anyway. most likely festivals?

Primevara Porto is on the weekend after and Primevara Barcelona the weekend befire, could well be playing there.

I'm hoping to go to Porto, €105 for 3 day festival.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Could we see the Yeah Yeah Yeahs supporting? Just announced for All Points East

22852950_154598715279501_3937396760469610388_n.jpg?oh=3c9a28e00af5f04df159b7b84394a605&oe=5AAB5A7B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'd love that but we always get bargain basement support acts in Ireland. Plus that's an all day festival you're looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

No way this will sell out? I'm gonna hold off buying tickets anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

MadYaker wrote: »
    No way this will sell out? I'm gonna hold off buying tickets anyway.

I'd be floored if it does - chances are you'd pick up a couple cheap the week before on Toutless - I'd be amazed if it's even sold out officially by then.

Nevertheless, I'll be buying on Friday :)

Think its decided for me. Bugger to Malahide Castle. I'm of to London and make a weekend of it I reckon..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Think its decided for me. Bugger to Malahide Castle. I'm of to London and make a weekend of it I reckon..

Definitely ,will be a much better gig.
    You wont get rode on hotels too like you will in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there something wrong with Malahide Castle as a venue? Gigs have happened there before. If I'm there I'll be at the front so I don't think sound will be an issue.

Id be much more skeptical of going to some new unproven festival that could have major teething issues. How much are tickets for that anyway? Can't find prices anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is there something wrong with Malahide Castle as a venue? Gigs have happened there before. If I'm there I'll be at the front so I don't think sound will be an issue.

Id be much more skeptical of going to some new unproven festival that could have major teething issues. How much are tickets for that anyway? Can't find prices anywhere.

I was only there for Arcade Fire last year.
    It's fine if you're up the first 20% of the crowd.
    The rest, the chatters and instagrammers would ruin it for me, particularly given its a work night..

Edit:
    Grand venue really.
    Lots of room, no major queues etc.
    It would take someone special to get me back to Marlay Park..

• Advertisement

Pretty good value to be fair. Considering you get LCD and Yeah Yeah Yeahs on the same bill for £67.75. Count me in if I can free up the time. 

Tickets

Advertisement