Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM MALAHIDE CASTLE JUNE 5th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

MadYaker wrote: »
    How much are tickets for that anyway? Can't find prices anywhere.
    price was on the ticketmaster site, think it was 69.50, plus a likely 6.85 extra online fees. Could have been less though
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    I was only there for Arcade Fire last year.
    It's fine if you're up the first 20% of the crowd.
    The rest, the chatters and instagrammers would ruin it for me, particularly given its a work night..
    what do you mean about a work night? I would think it being a worknight would mean more casual chatting fans would not go. Bigger fans who have to take a day off work would be more likely going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

rubadub wrote: »
    price was on the ticketmaster site, think it was 69.50, plus a likely 6.85 extra online fees. Could have been less though

what do you mean about a work night? I would think it being a worknight would mean more casual chatting fans would not go. Bigger fans who have to take a day off work would be more likely going.

Yeah definitely less people than say a Friday, but a lot arrived late, clearly after work, and working tomorrow, 2 pints max type of punters..
    I was off next day and had the craic up the front..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just over £70 so? That's pretty good for that lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

I'm not a fan of Malahide Castle as a venue myself, so much so that I didn't bother with Arcade Fire.
    But the gig in the Olympia was so amazing that I'll definitely be picking up tickets tomorrow!

Just can't risk the FOMO if it did sell out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Tickets bought with zero hassle, can't see it selling out today or even anytime soon

Happy days all the same!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

All sorted too. Ticketmaster playing up a bit but got there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Site crashed 4 times. Was worried there.

I saw them at Glastonbury on the other stage in 2016 and it was awesome. I reckon there was 20k - 30k people there, similar to malahide castle, and it was an excellent gig so I think they can nail it in fairly large outdoor venues. Get there early and get up the front to avoid any potential sound issues and it'll be grand I think. Got my ticket just there can't wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Is Leo going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

threein99 wrote: »
    Apparently there's going to be 3 gigs there next summer

Gorillaz on the 9th of June

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Lykke Li and Sh*t Robot announced as support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Lykke Li and Sh*t Robot announced as support.

Lambkin was always going to be playing. Was kinda holding out hope for Hot Chip although it would be a tough gig on Al Doyle. The London gig the week before looks a good lineup.

Ha I forgot I bought a ticket for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Are there any coaches going back to Dublin City centre afterwards? Seems to be easier to get to limerick afterwards than Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Are there any coaches going back to Dublin City centre afterwards? Seems to be easier to get to limerick afterwards than Dublin.
    is there a DART line running to Limerick now? :confused:

is there a DART line running to Limerick now? :confused:

No but there are private coach hires going to limerick , and the last dart leaves malahide at 10 past 11, which could be cutting it very tight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Just dropping in to say I saw LCDSS last night in London, amazing show! Would live to see them at Malahidd again...

You’re all in for a treat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Selling 2 tickets for this for less than face value if anyone's interested. I can no longer attend unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Goodlaaaaad

How much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,698 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

120 for the pair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭iancairns

They've been playing 'How Do You Sleep' in the encore last few weeks. This makes me immeasurably happy!

Full length? They could do with cutting a minute or two out of the first 3 minutes but knowing them it's definitely full length.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭iancairns

MadYaker wrote: »
    Full length? They could do with cutting a minute or two out of the first 3 minutes but knowing them it's definitely full length.

Shortening a song?? Have you to be home by a certain time or something? You’re at an LCD gig lad! I want it all!

I'm just saying! Its 7 minutes and it takes 3 minutes to get good but I won't be complaining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Bought tickets for this ages ago for my wife as she's a huge fan, where as I wouldn't have known much about them at all (bar 'All My Friends').

Decided last week to get amongst it and made a spotify playlist based on what they've been playing recently (setlist.fm God bless you). Sweet jebus I'm a total convert and am probably more excited for the gig than she is now!! Can't wait to hear the likes of
    'Get Innocuous!', 'Home', 'How do you sleep?' and 'Dance Yrself Clean'
    live as I'd say they sound phenomenal (spoiler as I know some folk don't want to know what they've playing).

Just a quick question re: venue. Is the only entrance to the gigs in Malahide Castle up on the North end by the cycling/cricket club? Staying with friends right next to the West Entrance to the park, but not sure it's accessible during the gigs? Now it's only a 10-15 minute walk to the North entrance....I'm just being incredibly lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Bought tickets for this ages ago for my wife as she's a huge fan, where as I wouldn't have known much about them at all (bar 'All My Friends').

Decided last week to get amongst it and made a spotify playlist based on what they've been playing recently (setlist.fm God bless you). Sweet jebus I'm a total convert and am probably more excited for the gig than she is now!! Can't wait to hear the likes of
    live as I'd say they sound phenomenal (spoiler as I know some folk don't want to know what they've playing).

Just a quick question re: venue. Is the only entrance to the gigs in Malahide Castle up on the North end by the cycling/cricket club? Staying with friends right next to the West Entrance to the park, but not sure it's accessible during the gigs? Now it's only a 10-15 minute walk to the North entrance....I'm just being incredibly lazy.
    Dance Yrself Clean
    is an absolute banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Dance Yrself Clean
    is an absolute banger.

Probably my favourite track of their's!

So that's a no on coaches to Dublin is it? Don't think I'll be able to go if not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

I have 2 hard copy tickets for this but can't make it due to work. :(
    Cost me 140.
    Will sell for 100.

PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Le Bruise wrote: »

If you really want to psych yourself up, get hold of Shut Up and Play The Hits - the movie of their 'last' gig.
    Fantastic mix of documentary and live stuff..

Advertisement