Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM MALAHIDE CASTLE JUNE 5th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

That whole thing is on Spotify as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

MadYaker wrote: »
    That whole thing is on Spotify as well

Yeah but the film is great - the morning after the night before, his coffee thing, his wee dog, all the gear in storage etc.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Whats the best way to and from this gig, looking to get to the City Center or further south.

Is the Dart possible or will this finish after the last Dart?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

Anyone know what the stage times will be for support and main act? I see **** robot and Lykke Li are supporting so be cool to see some of them if I can get off work in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

NickB1337 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the stage times will be for support and main act? I see **** robot and Lykke Li are supporting so be cool to see some of them if I can get off work in time.

Based on last year's Mid week Arcade fire gig at Malahide, the first band seemed to come on around 2 hours after gates open (5pm open with 7.15pm start) but that was with only 1 support.

With the 2 support acts you'd assume Sh*t Robot on at around 6.30pm, Lykke Li at around 7.30pm and LCD Soundsystem on at around 8.45pm?

This is complete speculation though....

• Advertisement

amcalester wrote: »
    Whats the best way to and from this gig, looking to get to the City Center or further south.

Is the Dart possible or will this finish after the last Dart?

Special Dart services ran last year as well as the normal times, so I assume will be the same this time around. Think the gig should finish around 10.30pm and darts go at the following:

Also the bus routes are the 42 and the 32. The 42 goes right passed Malahide Castle and once again there were extra services put on last year (finishing 23.30 I think). 32 goes from Malahide village (finishing 23.25).

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dmm82

It's looking like ill be driving to this. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to park? I don't mind having to walk a bit to get to the venue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

dmm82 wrote: »
    It's looking like ill be driving to this. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to park? I don't mind having to walk a bit to get to the venue
    I'm driving too. there's parking on site it says.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Special Dart services ran last year as well as the normal times, so I assume will be the same this time around. Think the gig should finish around 10.30pm and darts go at the following:

Also the bus routes are the 42 and the 32. The 42 goes right passed Malahide Castle and once again there were extra services put on last year (finishing 23.30 I think). 32 goes from Malahide village (finishing 23.25).

Cheers for this! Was there any hassle/ delays getting on the dart after Malahide castle gigs last year? I have work the next day so I don;t want to risk getting stranded. (Even though I NEVER leave gigs before the absolute end!)

Also, as someone who never takes the dart, how long roughly does it take to get to Malahide from town?

Cannot WAIT for this gig!!

Any one else not get their tickets for this? Thought I had to print mine but looks like I opted for the hard copies which haven't arrived yet...
    Just realised I had them already. Forgot they were sent out ages ago...

• Advertisement

Got tickets for Nancy Whang/S**t Robot Djing the after party in Pygmallion. Only € 6 on Resident Advisor.

Promises to be a full night of frolics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Promises to be a full night of frolics.

Got tickets for Nancy Whang/S**t Robot Djing the after party in Pygmallion. Only € 6 on Resident Advisor.

Ditto, looking forward to it.

Sheog wrote: »
    Cheers for this! Was there any hassle/ delays getting on the dart after Malahide castle gigs last year? I have work the next day so I don;t want to risk getting stranded. (Even though I NEVER leave gigs before the absolute end!)

Also, as someone who never takes the dart, how long roughly does it take to get to Malahide from town?

Cannot WAIT for this gig!!

No worries at all. I’ve actually never been to Malahide Castle for a gig, so all my info is based on googlings!! I would assume it’ll be fairly wedged, but between bus and dart i’m sure everyone will get back to the city centre. Just don’t hang around too long after!

Nearly there now!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭jimosterberg

Anyone know what alcohol is on sale at this gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 darrken

Does anybody know if there is a seperate pit section at Malahide castle or is it all free roaming up to the front ?

Trying to find out if there is passes given out for those there early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

Anyone know what alcohol is on sale at this gig?

Not sure which ones, but I'm sure there will be booze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Going to LCD Soundsystem tonight?
    ・Gates: 17.00
    ・**** Robot: 17.00 - 19.00
    ・Lykke Li: 19.00 - 20.00
    ・**** Robot 20.00 - 21.00
    ・LCD Soundsystem - 21.00 - 22.30

@lcdsoundsystem @LykkeLi @TicketmasterIre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭MikeyTaylor

RastaRed wrote: »
    Going to LCD Soundsystem tonight?
    ・Gates: 17.00
    ・**** Robot: 17.00 - 19.00
    ・Lykke Li: 19.00 - 20.00
    ・**** Robot 20.00 - 21.00
    ・LCD Soundsystem - 21.00 - 22.30

@lcdsoundsystem @LykkeLi @TicketmasterIre

So really LL is the only support act, and S**t Robot are just DJing between bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I'm not one to suffer fomo but f**k me, I wish I was in Malahide castle right now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Brilliant gig. Really made up for the Olympia gig last year which I didn’t enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

Great gig. Drove with no problems. Ran well. LCD unreal. Pretty sweet Tuesday

Amazing gig. Parking was so handy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Brilliant gig. Really made up for the Olympia gig last year which I didn’t enjoy.

I was the opposite. Thought today was just grand. Nothing more. Didn't get into it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I was the opposite. Thought today was just grand. Nothing more. Didn't get into it at all.

Gigs are funny like that. I thought the band were excellent on both occasions but the crowd were much better last night imo.

I’m an irritable bastard so being next to d1ckheads almost guarantees to ruin my night unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

How was getting back into town on the bus/dart ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

threein99 wrote: »
    How was getting back into town on the bus/dart ?

Unfortunately there was a "tragic incident" on the dart line last night which delayed trains,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Well they were bloody brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

What. A. Gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Looks like they barely mixed up the setlist from their Olympia shows. I would have presumed they'd do this new tour with songs like Oh Baby and other tunes in place of what they had been playing to death.

Advertisement