Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD SOUNDSYSTEM MALAHIDE CASTLE JUNE 5th

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

threein99 wrote: »
    How was getting back into town on the bus/dart ?

Tenner for a private coach, dropped by the white horse on the quays in about 20 minutes.

bit disorganised buying tickets for the bus but handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,663 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Looks like they barely mixed up the setlist from their Olympia shows. I would have presumed they'd do this new tour with songs like Oh Baby and other tunes in place of what they had been playing to death.

They played 5 songs off of American Dream, basically the best 5 too (aside from, imo, Emotional Haircut which I dislike quite a bit, gimme "Oh Baby" instead), so I'm not sure what else you'd expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

MJohnston wrote: »
    They played 5 songs off of American Dream, basically the best 5 too (aside from, imo, Emotional Haircut which I dislike quite a bit, gimme "Oh Baby" instead), so I'm not sure what else you'd expect?

A different set list, not a version of the last Irish 3 shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'd like to hear Other Voices off the new album, but would much prefer they started playing different older songs to be honest.

I'd welcome them getting rid of Yeah, Us v. Them (dropped last night), Yr City's a Sucker, NY I Love You, Daft Punk..., I Can Change from the regular setlist.
    I'd love to hear them play something like Beat Connection, Sound of Silver, Freak Out/Starry Eyes, Disco Infiltrator, or On Repeat the odd time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

I'd like to hear Other Voices off the new album, but would much prefer they started playing different older songs to be honest.

I'd welcome them getting rid of Yeah, Us v. Them (dropped last night), Yr City's a Sucker, NY I Love You, Daft Punk..., I Can Change from the regular setlist.
    I'd love to hear them play something like Beat Connection, Sound of Silver, Freak Out/Starry Eyes, Disco Infiltrator, or On Repeat the odd time.

I thought Yeah was brilliant last night.

Best song of the night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Brilliant gig, waited years to see them and wasn't disappointed. Hoped we'd get "All I Want", but great set otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Gigs are funny like that. I thought the band were excellent on both occasions but the crowd were much better last night imo.

I’m an irritable bastard so being next to d1ckheads almost guarantees to ruin my night unfortunately.

Ha! I thought the band were great both nights but I thought the crowd were crap last night.

Now full disclosure - I got a ticket last minute after a heavy weekend so I was never fully up for this gig!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,241 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I had a great night. I thought the set list was good but I would’ve liked to have heard one of I Used To or Oh Baby. Anyone go to Pygmalion after for Nancy Whang’s DJ set? It was good too. I thought it was a really nice crowd at the gig and the after party. Bit of hassle with the Dart after though.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I had a great night. I thought the set list was good but I would’ve liked to have heard one of I Used To or Oh Baby. Anyone go to Pygmalion after for Nancy Whang’s DJ set? It was good too. I thought it was a really nice crowd at the gig and the after party. Bit of hassle with the Dart after though.

yeah, it was ok. set was grand, but it was too packed though.
    Plus Pygmalion is an awful place for seeing DJs IMO, room is way too small and the back part through the arch is basically a waste of time, and then you have the most of the venue which is people drinking and not able/caring about seeing/hearing whoever is DJing.
    would have been much better in Tengu.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Thoroughly enjoyed the gig... thought the crowd were great.
    Seemed to me that the crowd were really into it. Everyone around us were certainly giving it socks anyway!

Enjoyed the set, but I did think the sound was a bit off.
    James's mic could have done with being turned up. Thought he was a bit drowned out by the music.
    Did't think it was as good as the Olympia gig, but loved it all the same.

It's only my second time going to Malahide castle for a gig.
    Felt like getting to town after work from Tallaght and then the dart out there was a bit of a pilgrimage... worth it though, great night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Sheog wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed the gig... thought the crowd were great.
    Seemed to me that the crowd were really into it. Everyone around us were certainly giving it socks anyway!

Enjoyed the set, but I did think the sound was a bit off.
    James's mic could have done with being turned up. Thought he was a bit drowned out by the music.
    Did't think it was as good as the Olympia gig, but loved it all the same.

It's only my second time going to Malahide castle for a gig.
    Felt like getting to town after work from Tallaght and then the dart out there was a bit of a pilgrimage... worth it though, great night!

There was definitely sound issues during Someone Great, Nancy's mike had to be changed and then I think her vocals were too loud and drowned out James'.

Other than that, great gig.

I was surprised by how much space there was for it, went to the toilets in the middle of their set, and the place was half-full at best.
    as much fun as it was, the 3Arena probably would have been a better venue for it, especially on a Tuesday.

I was surprised by how much space there was for it, went to the toilets in the middle of their set, and the place was half-full at best.
    as much fun as it was, the 3Arena probably would have been a better venue for it, especially on a Tuesday.

No doubt the venue is arranged for the maximum likely capacity out of all the concerts lined up during the week, but sure it hardly makes any difference when it's an outdoor gig - a half full indoor venue is much more noticeable.

If anything, I thought it was the best crowd I've seen LCD with, because it was mostly older folks and everybody was very civil and pleasant (while also enjoying themselves greatly). Like, the bus back to George's Quay there wasn't even a hint of trouble or even just messing, I can't imagine that being the case for a Liam Gallagher crowd, for example.

BTW, minor thing, but did anyone find themselves given Heineken in an Orchard Thieves cup when they'd ordered the Orchard Thieves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I missed this one, but how did it compare to the Olympia or the Tripod shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

MJohnston wrote: »
    BTW, minor thing, but did anyone find themselves given Heineken in an Orchard Thieves cup when they'd ordered the Orchard Thieves?

Didn't see that now as I was drinking Heineken...but the bar closing at 10pm, just as I finished my pint was inconvenient to say the least!!

Great gig, just missing 'Oh Baby' from my wish list.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 NickB1337

Hey Guys, Did anyone park overnight in Malahide for this? Going to Gorillaz tomorrow and just trying to figure it out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Wooderson wrote: »
    I missed this one, but how did it compare to the Olympia or the Tripod shows?

Not as good but only because they were more intimate. One of the best outdoor gigs i've ever been at though, over 2hrs of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Beagslife

I managed to make the last night of their tour in Lisbon last Thursday. First time for me but well up there. 

Being the last night they extended the show to just under the three hour mark. I was planning to catch a late night bus back to Algarve but spoke to a staff member during the interval and he said the first night went to just after midnight, the second went to around 12:20 but that nights show might go to 1am! Plans had to change. 

I'll definitely plan to see them on the next tour. 

On a separate note it constantly amazes me how expensive Dublin shows have become over the last decade. I paid €35 for standing or stalls. Highest ticket cost was €39 in a venue with a 6,000 crowd. I've had similar experiences going to see Leonard Cohen and Bruce Springsteen in Lisbon. I understand that insurance and extra travel is an issue but generally tickets seem to start at double the price. Rant over. 

Lisbon really is a great option for a show if you can manage to tie it in with a weekend away. The savings you make on tickets can go against your Ryanair flight 8-) 

MC

Unable to upload any photos. Sorry

• Advertisement

Concert Information

Thanks, Portuguese Tourism Board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,965 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

how was Lykke Li?

Advertisement