Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Malahide Castle Friday June 15th 2018

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

theres extra darts for other gigs there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Richard Ashcroft and Louis Berry announced as support.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

Saw ashcroft in Manchester in the summer. Absolutely fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

That support enough to buy a ticket wow

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Lads ive never been to Malahide but wanna go to this gig so whats my best bit regarding travel and accommodation?

Coming up from Cork so staying overnight,

Is the venue easily accessible if staying in city centre?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

johnnyjb wrote: »
    Lads ive never been to Malahide but wanna go to this gig so whats my best bit regarding travel and accommodation?

Coming up from Cork so staying overnight,

Is the venue easily accessible if staying in city centre?

Thanks

Yip, jump on the dart or commuter trains heading northbound , regular services no hassle at all.Plenty of bus services too
    Train station in Malahdide close to the venue too .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Yip, jump on the dart or commuter trains heading northbound , regular services no hassle at all.Plenty of bus services too
    Train station in Malahdide close to the venue too .

are you sure about this? have you been to many other malahide gigs?

I would have previously guessed you were correct, but I seem to recall some other malahide gig thread recently and I think someone advised it might be better to find accommodation around malahide.

Might be totally wrong about that. The person might have wanted to drive to & from the venue.

rubadub wrote: »

I would have previously guessed you were correct, but I seem to recall some other malahide gig thread recently and I think someone advised it might be better to find accommodation around malahide.

Might be totally wrong about that. The person might have wanted to drive to & from the venue.

Maybe I am wrong, I have not been to a gig in Malahide village , but the train station is about 15 minute walk to the castle and the grounds. Are the gigs further away than that ? Curious to know myself now as I intend getting the train or dart and walking to the venue and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Tickets bought. Ashcroft is a game changer.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Thanks for the replies, want to have a few drinks and stay over night in city centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Batesy wrote: »
    Tickets bought. Ashcroft is a game changer.

same here, just bought tickets after seeing Richard Ashcroft is on the bill, hope he gets plenty of playing time..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Hello, I’ll be travelling by car to Dublin for the concert so I’m wondering will there be any car park spaces available for the gig. Trying to avoid coming into the inner city if possible. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Demios wrote: »
    Hello, I’ll be travelling by car to Dublin for the concert so I’m wondering will there be any car park spaces available for the gig. Trying to avoid coming into the inner city if possible. Thanks!

Parking in Malahide is a nightmare at the best of times. Not sure what it's like at the venue itself but traffic will be a pain and I'd rather walk than drive but then again I'm only about three miles down the road

Collie D wrote: »
    Parking in Malahide is a nightmare at the best of times. Not sure what it's like at the venue itself but traffic will be a pain and I'd rather walk than drive but then again I'm only about three miles down the road

Try park somewhere along the malahide road or dart station and get 42 or dart up to it. Alot easier. Plenty of housing estates

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Anybody know what the Capacity is and what are ticket sales like?

Think it's 20,000 capacity

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Could see a lot of tickets being bought at short notice for this if the weather is looking nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

Whoops - Coming back from UK for this and just realised its sold out - Anyone need to get rid of a ticket please give me a shout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

dario28 wrote: »
    Whoops - Coming back from UK for this and just realised its sold out - Anyone need to get rid of a ticket please give me a shout

PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

just realised its sold out
    more like tickets are not currently on sale. I would keep checking if I was you.

As they are all the same ticket, i.e. standing there is less need for ticketmaster to be up to their old tricks of tricking people into buying poorly selling sections. However it is still likely some will go on sale again, promotors might set some aside for people who do not take them in the end.

Also as ticketmaster own seatwave it is in their interest to make it seem sold out so they get their ridiculous cut of the seatwave sales.

• Advertisement

try toutless.com you will usually get one there handy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

just realised its sold out
    more like tickets are not currently on sale. I would keep checking if I was you.

As they are all the same ticket, i.e. standing there is less need for ticketmaster to be up to their old tricks of tricking people into buying poorly selling sections. However it is still likely some will go on sale again, promotors might set some aside for people who do not take them in the end.

Also as ticketmaster own seatwave it is in their interest to make it seem sold out so they get their ridiculous cut of the seatwave sales.
    Yeah funnily enough they are pointing my towards seatwave @128eur a ticket - scumbags !

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭RastaRed

Anybody know of any afterparties in town after?

Anyone know what hotel Liam Gallagher stays in when gigging in Dublin ?

Young lad looking to get an autograph and a picture with him and he is normally very approachable for a photo by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Sh1t!! I need one more too!!

risteard7 wrote: »
    Sh1t!! I need one more too!!

Pm you

Anyone know what hotel Liam Gallagher stays in when gigging in Dublin ?

Young lad looking to get an autograph and a picture with him and he is normally very approachable for a photo by all accounts.

usually the 4 seasons

Nowso wrote: »
    usually the 4 seasons

Great thanks very much for that, worth a shot to head out there Saturday morning before he heads to Belfast, he might be there on the Friday night.

risteard7 never texted me back for the ticket, waiting on restared to get back, I've 1 ticket print off ticket first one to me can have it face value ðŸ‘

• Advertisement

Great thanks very much for that, worth a shot to head out there Saturday morning before he heads to Belfast, he might be there on the Friday night.

friday morning id say as he prob head north from malahide

Advertisement