Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Malahide Castle Friday June 15th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Don't be fooled here, there are extra trains (not DART) being put on the Dublin city stations only! After LCD the trains topped at Connolly.

If you want any hope of getting a DART at 23.05 from Malahide leave the arena at 10:30 at the latest!

Sure the gig probably finishes at 10.45 pm anyways so you won't be missing much, maybe two songs. Is that not the usual time of finish for outdoor events in the town.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭jimosterberg

Any after parties or good spots to head to in town after?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Liam stage time 9pm me bollox

He's been on stage since I parked the car at least, which was around 8.50 or so.

Heard What's the Story as I walked up the road anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭dobman88

meLiam stage time 9pm my bollox, been on stage since I parked the car at least, which was 8.50....

Heard What's the Story as I walked in.

Lol. Who turns up for a big gig like that 10 minutes beforehand. Only yourself to blame. Bet every other person was delighted he came on early

• Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

treeLiam stage time 9pm me bollox

He's been on stage since I parked the car at least, which was around 8.50 or so.

Heard What's the Story as I walked up the road anyway.

Ya got to roll with it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dobman88 wrote: »
    Lol. Who turns up for a big gig like that 10 minutes beforehand.
    IME quite a large % of people do. Not sure what is so funny about it, bad dose of schadenfreude you have.

When the promotor announces a stage time, they usually come on 10-30mins after that. Very rare to be on time, I cannot recall ever being at a gig where they came on before the promotors official stage times.

Could be pretty dangerous too, queuing wise, especially at a gig like this where I would expect people might be drinking all day beforehand, and now delayed getting in.

I do not know Liams history with stage times, but at a guess I would have thought he would likely be later, as he likes to put on this "i don't give a fcuk" attitude.

As the support was good hopefully most were in already though.

rubadub wrote: »
    IME quite a large % of people do. Not sure what is so funny about it, bad dose of schadenfreude you have.

When the promotor announces a stage time, they usually come on 10-30mins after that. Very rare to be on time, I cannot recall ever being at a gig where they came on before the promotors official stage times.

Could be pretty dangerous too, queuing wise, especially at a gig like this where I would expect people might be drinking all day beforehand, and now delayed getting in.

I do not know Liams history with stage times, but at a guess I would have thought he would likely be later, as he likes to put on this "i don't give a fcuk" attitude.

As the support was good hopefully most were in already though.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lol

aww bless, I didn't realise you had an actual condition.

I wouldn't have implied you are a cnut if I had known...

aww bless, I didn't realise you had an actual condition.

I wouldn't have implied you are a cnut if I had known...

e31.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Biblical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

The q’s for the bar were insane but all 3 bands were quality!! Liam put on some set!!

wow, that setlist is insane and he sounded great from the clips i saw on twitter. Feeling extra bummed that his show in Toronto last November he was sick and then him and Richard ashcroft playing here last month was cancelled 10 mins before doors opened because the venue was deemed unsafe due to too much static!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

No encore was a tad disappointing.

Queues to get in were a **** show.

Cracking gig all the same. Weather did us a turn in not acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Stevie S

Charlie wrote: »
    No encore was a tad disappointing.

Queues to get in were a **** show.

Cracking gig all the same. Weather did us a turn in not acting up.

You must have missed him walking off stage and coming back on with Bonehead and playing 5 of the best Oasis songs ever so... admittedly he was only off for about a minute and you genuinely could have missed it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Incredible songs. Great performance by Liam, Ashcroft and young Berry. Terrible queues for the jacks and bars - a farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Anyone see that fat cnut kick the poor fella when he was down. Billy blooix love to catch you on your own!! Apart from that what a set list. Whatever was the highlight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Conservatory

Missed a lot of Ashcroft due to the que in. Great atmosphere once inside. Q for booze was rediculous ended up having to buy prosecco because we ended up in wrong q. Bar closed earlier than anyone expected.

Liam was on top form. His live shows sound like oasis even his new stuff.

He had a problem with a guitarist who had too much distortion on his pedal/amp but apart from that was amazing.

Without Liam Oasis would have been just anothier Travis or the verve. He proved that tonight. Coolest fecker this side of the arctic circle.

Thanks LG for all the memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

First time seeing Liam live. What a gig. Absolutely blown away. Liam is a God.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭rtron

He proved a point tonight, bringing out Oasis songs like "bring it on down" and on megs form, well done Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Lol. Who turns up for a big gig like that 10 minutes beforehand.

Eh, anyone that has no interest in the support, which we didn't. I was on time and so LG should have been. If I ever meet him, I'm having a word.

lgst.png

For anyone that was there tonight, what time did he actually come on? Was Ashcroft on earlier than expected too? Might have been an MCD mistake. Wouldn't be their first.

IME quite a large % of people do.

Course they do, don't know what that chap's smoking, nor anyone thanking his post. Sure that's why people generally ask about stage times as invariably you'll get people that have no interest in seeing anyone but the main act. Been at many a gig where the act was late (mega late in the case of Axl at the 02) but never early. First for me.

Well, his sets do tend to be on the short side so it's a little more frustrating to miss the first 10-15 mins of one of his gigs than it would be say Springsteen, as at least with the Boss you'll still have another 3 hours or so to go :p Not so with Liam, he was off stage at 10:08pm. Wasn't even feckin dark.

The hour and ten mins we did see though was excellent. His voice was the best it's been at any gig I've ever attended. Beady Eye gigs were some of the worst. Some right lunatics up at the front on left. Haven't seen that many get turfed out of gig since the Hoursemartins in the SFX.

Also, did anyone catch what the issue was on stage when he walked off for a few mins? He seemed annoyed with the mic just before that. He also seemed to make some comment about how there's always issues on stage or something. Sounded absolutely fine where we were anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Heard him from house outside the park and his voice sounded shot. I’d hate to see him on a bad day.
    Why did people get kicked out? Fighting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭Charlie

Stevie S wrote: »
    You must have missed him walking off stage and coming back on with Bonehead and playing 5 of the best Oasis songs ever so... admittedly he was only off for about a minute and you genuinely could have missed it

Ha, I genuinely did miss that! The 10:10 finish caught me off guard as well.

But an absolutely cracking performance. First time seeing Liam, having seen Noel the last 3 times he’s played here. Different level altogether tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Can't believe how good he sounded, Great setlist too. I thought Richard Ashcroft would out do Liam but he didn't.

I see all the potted plants in malahide were destroyed after the gig. Some utter feral scum in this country that need whipping

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

My wife was out in town last night. A half hour train journey home took two hours due to people walking on the train tracks after the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

risteard7 wrote: »
    Can't believe how good he sounded, Great setlist too. I thought Richard Ashcroft would out do Liam but he didn't.

What was the story with the doll or manquin thing he had on stage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Bring It On Down, Slide Away, Whatever, Live Forever, Morning Glory, Some Might Say and I could tell a lot of the millennials there had no idea what Listen Up was but it was special.

The missus was bit let down at not hearing FWIW but otherwise an absolutely cracking gig.

LG was on 8.50pm.

Toilets were a disgrace and as usual the powers that be show that they could give two f*cks about the crowds once the money is in the bank :rolleyes:

I've been to matches and concerts in the UK with 40k people and seen it managed a whole lot better, but they couldn't even manage the DART station last night it was pure chaos.

MCD = c*nts
    LG = f*cking class act.

The amount of rubbish around the station and village today is unreal. Whose responsibility is it to clean it up? MCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Savman wrote: »
    Bring It On Down, Slide Away, Whatever, Live Forever, Morning Glory, Some Might Say and I could tell a lot of the millennials there had no idea what Listen Up was but it was special.

The missus was bit let down at not hearing FWIW but otherwise an absolutely cracking gig.

LG was on 8.50pm.

Toilets were a disgrace and as usual the powers that be show that they could give two f*cks about the crowds once the money is in the bank :rolleyes:

I've been to matches and concerts in the UK with 40k people and seen it managed a whole lot better, but they couldn't even manage the DART station last night it was pure chaos.

MCD = c*nts
    LG = f*cking class act.

Liam Gallagher attracts lots of knuckle draggers and they lived up to their reputation last night. We had no issues at lcd the previous week out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Savman wrote: »

In my early 20s and was pleasantly surprised at the number of young people who belted out Listen Up around me. When we were waiting for Liam a group started singing both B sides and the hits that everyone knows. Was brilliant.

Advertisement