Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liam Gallagher Malahide Castle Friday June 15th 2018

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Listen up and Whatever were absolutely amazing to hear live.

Getting in and out was painful, as were the bar queues

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Liam was in a different League o what Noel was doing at the 3 arena last Month

Big Open air concerts are going to liable to cause anti social problems . people out of there heads on drink n drugs . a

i left a few minutes early and got the 1st dart to town , there was a lot of litter collection during the gig and when going out - there were dumpsters packed with cans etc all collected

it seems that after that with the crowds coming out is when the issues arose

the town busses were not ideally positioned and u had to turn back on yourself to go that way and id say they were underused

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Lusk_Doyle wrote:
    My wife was out in town last night. A half hour train journey home took two hours due to people walking on the train tracks after the gig.

I was there myself last night, I'm amazed that people were even able to walk! In relation to the gig itself, hands down, one of the best I've ever been to, Liam sang nearly all the favourites. Any issues with his voice were drowned out anyway by the fans singing along. I queued at the bar for about 5mins but knocked it on the head then such was the length of the queues. Disaster. I think this contributed most to people then buying multiples of drinks so as not to have to requeue.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Top class gig. Seemed to have avoided any queues as we made our way in around half 6. Richard Ashcrofts voice is still amazing. Really enjoyed his set. Bitter sweet symphony is such a fabtastic song and always blows me away anytime I've seen it live .

Liam was brilliant. As was mentioned, played all the hits. I thought his voice was quality but I was singing at the top of my voice for the majority of his set so I actually didn't notice too much.

I'd almost go as far to say I enjoyed this gig more than any oasis gig I've seen in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I'm sorry, but I must've been at a different gig. The sound for LG was appalling! I've never heard it so bad.

The vocals were really loud, the drums were really loud, but there was nothing in the middle. Could barely hear the guitars. And I was pretty close, about 2/3 of the way, and very close to one of the main speakers. At one point all you could hear was his voice, and it was on one of the tracks that he doesn't sing too well.

I thought Ashcroft was much better (sound-wise) and he did a good set, though it only really picked up the audience's attention when he did Lucky Man and Bittersweet Symphony at the end. His guitarist needs to lay off the shredding though.

I saw Liam in the Olympia last year and it was amazing - great sound, played loads of new album tracks and a smattering of Oasis classics. The crowd were on it and there was very little laddish behaviour. I wasn't so bothered with hearing more Oasis, even though I love Listen Up. I was so disappointed with the sound that I struggled to care that Bonehead had joined in (plus it took me the time of two whole songs to queue up and buy a beer).

I decided to beat the crowds and started walking during Live Forever, little did I know it was his second last song (I heard Wonderwall all the way out). Glad I did beat the crowds as I heard there was all sorts of trouble on the Dart, I ended up getting a taxi though, which would've been hard enough to get later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

I'm sorry, but I must've been at a different gig. The sound for LG was appalling! I've never heard it so bad.

The vocals were really loud, the drums were really loud, but there was nothing in the middle. Could barely hear the guitars. And I was pretty close, about 2/3 of the way, and very close to one of the main speakers. At one point all you could hear was his voice, and it was on one of the tracks that he doesn't sing too well.

I thought Ashcroft was much better (sound-wise) and he did a good set, though it only really picked up the audience's attention when he did Lucky Man and Bittersweet Symphony at the end. His guitarist needs to lay off the shredding though.

I saw Liam in the Olympia last year and it was amazing - great sound, played loads of new album tracks and a smattering of Oasis classics. The crowd were on it and there was very little laddish behaviour. I wasn't so bothered with hearing more Oasis, even though I love Listen Up. I was so disappointed with the sound that I struggled to care that Bonehead had joined in (plus it took me the time of two whole songs to queue up and buy a beer).

I decided to beat the crowds and started walking during Live Forever, little did I know it was his second last song (I heard Wonderwall all the way out). Glad I did beat the crowds as I heard there was all sorts of trouble on the Dart, I ended up getting a taxi though, which would've been hard enough to get later.

open air sound never going to be better than the olympia

i walked at the same time - the 1st dart left at 22.33 and was grand only a bit of singing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

the sound wasnt great ,but that's the way open air gigs are.

During RA the acoustic guitar disappeared a few times - the mix was very bass heavy but this is often the case outdoors. Liams vocals were loud , but I was chuffed with that as it would be way worse if they werent audible.

What did p*ss me off were those camera men in front of the stage. They were plonked right in front of ashcroft and liam for the whole gig. There was no need for them to be elevated in line with the singers, they couldve been lower down and filmed it without being in line of vision of large sections of the crowd.

Pain in the hole after going hours early to get a decent spot. aLthough i soon forgot about that when we got Liam's maracas!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The gig itself was a 9/10 for me...Liam's set exceeded my expectations, absolutely cracking performance.

The facilities and organisation was a 1/10....really poor, dangerously so.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

BIBLICAL. Exceeded expectations. Wonderwall live sang by the actual person who made it famous is completely different to hearing some plonker sing it at the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Loved every minute of Liams performance on Friday night, what a showman and show, it brought me back to my memories of Oasis concerts.

Still buzzing from it , sitting in work humming "whatever " :)

Richard Ashcroft was really good too, was curious to see how he would perform.

One of my favourite gigs to attend, I have seen him quite a bit in the past 12 months, Friday was simply outstanding.

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Loved every minute of Liams performance on Friday night, what a showman and show, it brought me back to my memories of Oasis concerts.

One of my favourite gigs to attend, I have seen him quite a bit in the past 12 months, Friday was simply outstanding.

I'm the same, cracking gig.

I work in Malahide so its a bit weird seeing the place back to normal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

The gig itself was a 9/10 for me...Liam's set exceeded my expectations, absolutely cracking performance.

The facilities and organisation was a 1/10....really poor, dangerously so.
    shakeitoff wrote: »
    BIBLICAL. Exceeded expectations. Wonderwall live sang by the actual person who made it famous is completely different to hearing some plonker sing it at the end of the night.

One of my favorite gigs to attend, I have seen him quite a bit in the past 12 months, Friday was simply outstanding.

What an amazing gig. Saw him in the Olympia with "beady eye" but missed the one in the airport hanger last year. This was epic.
    My mate is a huge fan and wanted to be up near the front.
    It was nice and relaxed for Louis Berry, then Richard Ashcroft was pretty good too, but when the time came for Liam it was mayhem.

We are both in early 40's and the amount of late teens / early 20's up at it was very surprising. We stayed up front until about 20 mins to go then moved out near the side for a beer and watch it in comfort (we getting too old for that jumping sh1t :D)

I got a couple min video when he came on for rock n roll star, pity I didn't get all the song. You will see from the video how mental it was :)

Roll on the next time he's back:)

What an amazing gig. Saw him in the Olympia with "beady eye" but missed the one in the airport hanger last year. This was epic.
    My mate is a huge fan and wanted to be up near the front.
    It was nice and relaxed for Louis Berry, the Richard Ashcroft was pretty good too, but when the time came for Liam it was mayhem.

We are both in early 40's and the amount of late teens / early 20's up at it was very surprising. We stayed up front until about 20 mins to go then moved out near the side for a beer and watch it in comfort (we getting too old for that jumping sh1t :D)

I got a couple min video when he came on for rock n roll star, pity I didn't get all the song. You will see from the video how mental it was :)

Roll on the next time he's back:)

That video is very similar to what I have recorded on my phone, also from the same position too. Looks like we were very close by to each other.:)

When they cranked up the music to start playing Whatever I thought I was in heaven,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Queues for the bar? I don't get it. How long did people queue for to get to the bar? If you queued, more's the fool you are.

It's been mentioned time and time again on boards about drunk people ruining gigs here, but I can only speak for myself. I go to a gig, maybe get a drink during support, if at all. I won't fall down with the thirst either way.

Usually, because it's Ireland, I've paid enough for a ticket, so don't want to miss any of the gig. I can go 2 hours without a drink. Imagine that....

Judging by the state Malahide was left in, plenty had enough booze on board before going into the gig.

I was surprised at the numbers queuing up mid-gig for the beers. I thought it would be a chance to nip over and get a quick one but had to wait ages and was in the queue when Bonehead came out, and was still in the queue when the song was over.

I think it's because this particular gig had a lot of "FOMO" type attendees there, not so interested in the music but just out for a day on the p*ss. Most of the crowd seemed into it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I was surprised at the numbers queuing up mid-gig for the beers. I thought it would be a chance to nip over and get a quick one but had to wait ages and was in the queue when Bonehead came out, and was still in the queue when the song was over.

I think it's because this particular gig had a lot of "FOMO" type attendees there, not so interested in the music but just out for a day on the p*ss. Most of the crowd seemed into it though.

Yeah i was the same, kept checking back but it wasnt moving at all

Managed to get in just before the bar closed

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Yeah i was the same, kept checking back but it wasnt moving at all

Managed to get in just before the bar closed

We queued up for beers before the gig and that was enough to put me off going again.

We did see Diarmuid Connolly in the queue though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

threein99 wrote: »
    We queued up for beers before the gig and that was enough to put me off going again.

We did see Diarmuid Connolly in the queue though :D

I queued up during Louis Berry, got 4 beers, gave the guy E20 and got E17 back in change. Happy days.

I queued up during Louis Berry, got 4 beers, gave the guy E20 and got E17 back in change. Happy days.

24 euros worth for 3 is a good deal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

threein99 wrote: »
    24 euros worth for 17 is a good deal :D

Try €3

• Advertisement

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Try €3

Whoops misread it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

On another note,

His twitter noted something along the lines of:

Dublin, you were insane, see you next year!

Heres to hoping!

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    On another note,

His twitter noted something along the lines of:

Dublin, you were insane, see you next year!

Heres to hoping!

I am hoping for a Uk tour late November/ December, his tour schedule looks like it could fit it in.

I was at him in the Manchester Arena last December and it was out of this world,probably my favourite gig ever.
    If he announces a Uk tour, I will be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I am hoping for a Uk tour late November/ December, his tour schedule looks like it could fit it in.

I was at him in the Manchester Arena last December and it was out of this world,probably my favourite gig ever.
    If he announces a Uk tour, I will be going.

end of sept and october is gig free on his schedule as of now - but he's due to finish recording album number 2 before Xmas so he may have this time set aside to go to the USA and do that.

Seriously considering brussels myself.

end of sept and october is gig free on his schedule as of now - but he's due to finish recording album number 2 before Xmas so he may have this time set aside to go to the USA and do that.

Seriously considering brussels myself.

Amsterdam late November is on my mind, that would be some few days over there.
    I need to start acting my age, but that's no fun:D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Alan Smithee

Amazing night one of my favourite concerts ever, it really was like being at an Oasis gig all these years later. I've see him in Weston and the Olympia and this was my favourite of the 3 he really was on top form (the mighty RA added to it all, jesus his voice is as amazing as ever) .
    Everyone has an opinion on Liam (most of it negative from the general public) but on stage he is a real force of nature few can match. It took me back to being young again roaring along to Definitely Maybe on loop feeling I could take on the world (actually rewind and press play on the cassette tape repeatly!! ).
    The crowd in the main were top notch where I was mostly middle agers like myself relieving their youth and the youth themselves seeing a living legend who started long before they were even born.
    Still makes you imagine what an actual Oasis reunion gig would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Fredas

Loved every minute of Friday, Louis Berry, Richard Ashcroft and Liam were all class.

Did no one else consider the sound to be poor? I thought it was shocking, even for an outdoor gig. RA sounded good in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Also thinking of a trip to one of the european shows, but was thinking that the atmosphere may not possibly be as good as in the UK/Ireland?

Definitely not as messy crowds thats for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭shakeitoff

Also thinking of a trip to one of the european shows, but was thinking that the atmosphere may not possibly be as good as in the UK/Ireland?

Definitely not as messy crowds thats for sure.

The gig was like 50 per cent atmosphere, 40 per cent Liam Gallagher stage presence and 10 per cent the actual music. Kinda why Oasis got popular when you think about it.

Advertisement