Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in the UK

Options
  • 27-10-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hey guys, I live in the UK, I was wondering what the best way of moving money across from my BOI account monthly to my non BOI account would be. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hey guys, I live in the UK, I was wondering what the best way of moving money across from my BOI account monthly to my non BOI account would be. Thanks
    Hi Wanderlust91,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Can I ask if this transfer will be going from a Euro account to a sterling account or from Euro to Euro?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Wanderlust91

Euro to Sterling Darren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Euro to Sterling Darren
    Thanks for getting back to me. You can set up the Sterling account as an international payee through your 365 online profile and make payments to this account when ever you wish. In relation to setting up an automatic payment to the account like a standing order or direct debit this would not be able to be done between a Euro account and Sterling accounts.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Hi Darren
    You can save quite a bit of money on the currency conversion if you use Transferwise (or similar organisation) each month to move the money across.  You'll have to do it each month but it is a quite simple process as long as you have online access to the BofI account (which it sounds you have).  

Advertisement